Post Your Record Storage Area

So you can confirm that there is no shower unit in there ready to be turned on when some jerk gets the inclination to be nasty?

Also, I'd imagine they check in bags before anyone goes to use the bathroom right?

No shower.

I don't know anything about checking bags. I've never used the bathroom, just browsed it. All the records in there are like a buck or $.50.

• 3 weeks later...
Trader Joe's brand Habanero. I figured it wouldn't be all that great compared to others I've enjoyed but it was only a few bucks so I gave a bottle a try and now I get a new one every couple of weeks! You definitely only need a bit at a time.

Thanks. I'm a hot sauce nut. I have a Trader Joe's near my work yet I've never checked out their hot sauce selection.

It's a really slim selection. So far as I can tell, that's the only worthwhile one they have. Have you ever tried any of the Torchbearer Sauces? They're a little pricier but definitely worth it! This one's my favorite: http://www.torchbearersauces.com/our-sauces/tarnation-sauce/

Hot Sauce Thread! http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67276

• 2 weeks later...
Got a portable turntable to listen to my seven inches while hanging out in the office,

I've been thinking about doing this. Keep a small cache of records and my portable player at work, and everything else at home. I'd probably listen to more records that way! Just need to find a good wireless headphone setup first.

Got a portable turntable to listen to my seven inches while hanging out in the office,

I've been thinking about doing this. Keep a small cache of records and my portable player at work, and everything else at home. I'd probably listen to more records that way! Just need to find a good wireless headphone setup first.

The one I ended up getting was made for the express purpose of travel for folks who go crate digging alot and want to hear the records prior to purchasing so it's meant for portability and perfect for moving from one place to another. I've listened to it a few times with headphones and while the bass doesn't translate amazingly, the overall sound is really crisp and clean. Having it has been great for me and has completely changed my listening habits as I've been buying armloads of 7"s lately to listen to now that I have a smaller deck within arm's reach beside my desk. Again though, this set up is in my home office so I can't speak to the safety of keeping records in a more formal work setting - depends on how honest yr co-workers are I suppose. :)

I'd make fun of someone so much if they brought a portable turntable to work.

Ehh, I have my own office, and I get records shipped to me all the time, so it's not like it's a secret that I listen to them. Now if I was in a cube or something, that would be ridiculous.

Again though, this set up is in my home office so I can't speak to the safety of keeping records in a more formal work setting - depends on how honest yr co-workers are I suppose. :)

My door locks, and the night janitor's a nice guy, so it's not a huge concern. I've been thinking about rejiggering my home setup too, which was what got me thinking about this in the first place. It'd just be nice to make my office a little more comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • jhulud locked this topic