Post Your Record Storage Area

looks good, take a close up of your player/setup

[image]

Top to Bottom:

Realistic Direct Drive Turntable (mid-80s) with Ortofon OM5E cartridge. it's been an excellent starter table for me. definitely looking forward to upgrading this summer. probably gonna go with the Music Hall MMF-2.2

there is Last stylus cleaner, Audioquest carbon fiber brush, and a Clearaudio record clamp by the table, i highly recommend them all.

Sony 5.1 Receiver. this is an inexpensive system I purchased when funds were very low, but it performs very well for it's worth. I'll be upgrading it soon. (no, i do not listen to records in surround sound! 2 channel only)

the little black box is my TC-750LC phono preamp from phonopreamps.com, very good budget preamp.

LG bluray player. just got this. not a big fan of LG but it was incredibly cheap and plays .mkv files through usb. it'll do until i can afford the Oppo BDP-93

under that is a not so cheap component. it's a music hall cd25.2 CD player. it's a hand me down from my girlfriend's father. listening to this through my new floor standing speakers actually makes me kind of enjoy CDs again.

and then there's my little PS2 :)

looks good, take a close up of your player/setup

[image]

Top to Bottom:

Realistic Direct Drive Turntable (mid-80s) with Ortofon OM5E cartridge. it's been an excellent starter table for me. definitely looking forward to upgrading this summer. probably gonna go with the Music Hall MMF-2.2

there is Last stylus cleaner, Audioquest carbon fiber brush, and a Clearaudio record clamp by the table, i highly recommend them all.

Sony 5.1 Receiver. this is an inexpensive system I purchased when funds were very low, but it performs very well for it's worth. I'll be upgrading it soon. (no, i do not listen to records in surround sound! 2 channel only)

the little black box is my TC-750LC phono preamp from phonopreamps.com, very good budget preamp.

LG bluray player. just got this. not a big fan of LG but it was incredibly cheap and plays .mkv files through usb. it'll do until i can afford the Oppo BDP-93

under that is a not so cheap component. it's a music hall cd25.2 CD player. it's a hand me down from my girlfriend's father. listening to this through my new floor standing speakers actually makes me kind of enjoy CDs again.

and then there's my little PS2 :)

I think it all looks nice, but my wife would've killed me if it were my setup and she had to look at all the cords.

[image]

I still have this unit, looking into buying a 2x2 and 1x5 Expedit, however, I'm not sure if they will fit on that wall. I managed to find the radio and cassette player that was part of that model Sony, although the cassette deck door is broken :( I should probably tidy up top of the unit for my own sake.

Please excuse how terribly insignificant my collection is so far compared to most of yours haha, gotta start somewhere.

[image]

[image]

Current set up = turntable and xbox on the theater system, computer and zune on the stereo. I usually just leave a few of the records I listen to the most over by the turntable. Waiting until I move back to Florida to get an expedit although the bookshelf works pretty well right now. I have a bunch more cds but they're packed in a tote in my basement. Probably going to replace that Impending Doom poster with the Moving Mountains one I get with my PO.

• 2 weeks later...
I've just run out of room on my Expedit. Scares the shit out of me.

That is a scary thought... I'm gonna run out soon too.

I've got time on mine but I can see this happening to me within about a year unless I finally decide that this is a sickness and a money-suck and just end up selling off the whole lot.

• jhulud locked this topic