2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

I heard something about Jack White recording a record and having it printed and shipped on Record Store Day. Can anyone confirm? Details?

It's the single off his new album recorded live and pressed immediately afterwards. He's printing it for everyone at Third Man Records that wants it. It will not be shipped to other record stores.

If I see another copy I'll buy it for you and if you find another copy I guess other people still want this!  :)

Price was €33,50 btw.

Ah thanks for that an extra shot at it always helps. I meant people in Belgium btw not people on this forum :).

Any chance either of you guys are heading over to Ghent? There's a ThisQuietArmy/Syndrome split 10" only available at the Consouling Sounds store in Ghent (Baudelostraat 13/001) that I am desperately trying to get a hold of. I'm going out early in the morning (USA), so I could try to pick up Songs:Ohia, Far Cry, or anything you can't track down. PM me if you can help me out, and let me know how I can help you out in return.

Here's a last-minute RSD announcement from Smog Veil. I plan on buying one of these for sure:

HERE WE GO:

OK.  Smog Veil has a special Record Store Day release available at only 2 record shops in Cleveland.

The 2nd rarest Smog Veil release features the 2 Bobs covering Papa Oom Mow Mow and Roll On Big O.  Limited to 100 copies on black vinyl. The record will not be repressed and there will be no download available.  Here's the cover art:

94.jpg

Here's where you can buy it:

1. Blue Arrow Records on Waterloo, North Collinwood, Cleveland: the shop will have DJs spinning throughout the day including Lawrence from This Moment In Black History; AND/OR

2. My Mind's Eye on the west side, Cleveland: DJs will also keep the beat while you shop away.

If any records are left over after Saturday, we will have them for sale on the Smog Veil site on a first come, first served basis.  However, because of the small pressing size, we don't expect any to be left.  OK, go!!

Any chance either of you guys are heading over to Ghent? There's a ThisQuietArmy/Syndrome split 10" only available at the Consouling Sounds store in Ghent (Baudelostraat 13/001) that I am desperately trying to get a hold of. I'm going out early in the morning (USA), so I could try to pick up Songs:Ohia, Far Cry, or anything you can't track down. PM me if you can help me out, and let me know how I can help you out in return.

There are a 100 of them on his store only so he won't sell out on one day believe me (and it's a pretty low profile release too).

Just send them a mail and he'll certainly help you out. Here is his mail: [email protected]

I would help you but am not going to Ghent unfortunately.

There are a 100 of them on his store only so he won't sell out on one day believe me (and it's a pretty low profile release too).

Just send them a mail and he'll certainly help you out. Here is his mail: [email protected]

I would help you but am not going to Ghent unfortunately.

Thanks!

vieem/be it hated

Vieem%2Bcover_1024.jpg

i love this record so much and saw it at a shop the either day. im specifically stoked for tomorrow to pick it up. things tend to be cheaper. don't know if it's available everywhere else, but digitally everywhere else. RSD makes me giddy for getting some of my fav records as well as discovering new ones to. everyone have a good RSD. 

:)  :)  :)  :)  :rolleyes:

Amoeba got <5 copies and it's one of the most renowned and biggest record stores in the world. 

No shit? We got under 10 and are a relatively small shop across the pond. Can't remember if it had EU distribution but we were pretty early in ordering a batch once they were announced.

Edit- shit, sorry.  Was referring to the Songs Ohia box

Btw, highly recommend snagging the new Pixies.  Price tag may cause a few shrugs but it's definitely worth it.  Loved the shit out of side A but there are definitely a handful of filler tracks. Street date for the normal release is the 28th or 29th (something along those lines).  RSD version includes a bonus 7". No idea what the regular version will be like but this is a high quality release- heavy card stock, gatefold, gold lettering etc.

the songs ohia boxset is really expensive but I really want it

what are the numbers on them so as to know if I could wait out for after RSD

From what i found listed said 800 copies on RSD. But this will have a wide-release later this year too. I don't know if the wide release package will differ from the RSD one though. This one is a must have for me.

Anyone in New Jersey going to PREX? If so see you there bright and early ;)

Man, I definitely don't want it at that price, but I've been kind of achin' to see what the LCD Soundsystem looks like, like if it's some big fancy box that will differ from the later release drastically. Has anyone seen it?

It's going to be exactly the same as the RSD release except not numbered and it's probably only going to be around $65. The RSD one was originally supposed to be that cheap too but they raised the price for it. Just like the At The Drive-In release last year that was $35-40 on RSD and came out later for $20-$25.

It's going to be exactly the same as the RSD release except not numbered and it's probably only going to be around $65. The RSD one was originally supposed to be that cheap too but they raised the price for it. Just like the At The Drive-In release last year that was $35-40 on RSD and came out later for $20-$25.

Yeah, I was pretty pissed about that RSD gouge. Glad to hear that, though! Thanks.

My local store (Clarity Records) is doing a 24-hour day (midnight to midnight) to celebrate RSD. Went there about 15 minutes before it opened and was probably about 200th in line. I managed to score a copy of the Set Your Goals - Reset 10th anniversary 10" and a copy of the Starvation/Negative Reinforcement split RSD cover (exclusive to Clarity). Slightly bummed that I didn't get a copy of Ghostbusters but I was surprised there was a copy of the Circa Survive split left while I was looking through.

Also, fuck that dude who cut the line and bought 3 copies of the Crosses EPs.