The Dear Hunter "Acts I, II, & III" Represses

I'm on the fence.  I want 1&2, but I don't know if I want to get this version of 3 since I have a white one.  I feel like if later there's a box made for these new pressings with the future Acts, I'll regret not getting this version and having one stick out.  Haha make me stop over thinking.

I'm on the fence. I want 1&2, but I don't know if I want to get this version of 3 since I have a white one. I feel like if later there's a box made for these new pressings with the future Acts, I'll regret not getting this version and having one stick out. Haha make me stop over thinking.

Realistically the future acts are going to be something we have to wait on for a while. Me personally, I already have both first presses, but I wanted to have I & II split up, and I don't like not buying incomplete sefs, and unlike most people here, I sort of like the new art, so I just got the bundle. And maybe someday I'll be able to get the clear I & II and have a complete set.

So, I think I know the answer to this but I feel like I should ask to double check. So I placed my order for these, got the pay-pal receipt saying Merchdirect would take the money out when they processed the order. Okay, cool, no problem. I checked today to see if I had gotten tracking like the rest of you and I couldn't find anything. Inbox, spam, nothing. Okay, cool, no problem. Happens all the time. Then I realize I don't have a confirmation from Merchdirect for processing my order. So i'm wondering if that's typical of them or if my order went through to them at all. I know I had enough money in my account then, and I still do. Just wondering if this is typical of them and if the same happened with any of you before I decide to email them about it. 

If you did guest checkout, you probably would have received an e-mail or something, but I can't remember if there was an option. I guess your best bet is probably to give them a call and see if they have an order on file for you. 

You're probably right. I'm not gunna worry about it now. 180g bundle is what I ordered and that seems to be sold out and it sounds like they will keep a retail version in print. So if worse comes to worse  and the bundle doesn't show up, I'll pick up the retail versions later on. 

i guess this is as good a time as any to ask: what is everyone's favorite act? honestly, i was surprised when nashy above me said s/he didn't like act III enough to buy it. i used to think act II was the best but over time act III hits me as most dynamic and musically diverse, and is now my favorite. so if i had to rank them: act III, act II, act I.

i'm curious to know how everyone else feels.

Well, before I knew how to properly download music... I would just download random songs. So, act 1 and 2 pretty much got mixed. This is exactly the time I fell in love with the band. So, I kind of consider 1&2 to be joined. That's why the first pressing is so schweet to me. But if I had to bring it down to just one, it'd be 2. The Bitter Suite songs are tha best around. 3 is still amazing, though.

Now, I don't really care for the color spectrum or migrant... Those are okay, but not really classic Dear Hunter.

Gotta hand it to MerchDirect..one record from act 3 arrived with two big ass scratches (mirrored on each side, so obviously something that happened before it got to me). So I contacted them and they said they'd send a replacement and a postage paid sticker so I can send the damaged one back. Quality service, it seems!