this show is full of red herrings.  having him eat spaghetti and the lawn mower man wear ear muffs and just about everything else is very intentional and to have us actively watch.  they do a great job of it.  i wouldn't say these easter eggs and red herrings are done as well as LOST, but they are definitely up there.

Maybe he wasn't done ;) this is the only still I could find.

Still, this is significant.

EDIT: Oooo - OR, Marty imagined it with 1 more man because HE WAS THERE. And, potentially, Rust doesn't know that yet.

I'd like to add to this. I found out where the last little man went. He never cut the last can. Instead, he made a big show of crushing it.  Whoever that last man is, is going to get crushed by the strong man hands of Rusty McConahgheyheyhey.

Also, I can't stop believing that the father in law is involved. That scene he was in did nothing for story development, or character development. Marty doesn't get along with his wife's family? Are we surprised by that when he cheats on her at every opportunity?  Also, as far as I can remember, the father in law is the only character whose scene was not involved with the case in any way, and they haven't brought him back into it yet.  He's got to come back in some way.

THIS

I was leaning towards the possibility of it being Marty, but this episode changed my mind (could have been intentional misdirection, but I doubt it). I just doesn't jive with his character.

I'm almost thinking that it is the Reverend.  I can't remember the actors name at the moment, but he has been in quite a few things and I thought it was weird early on that he was only on screen for just a split second and now he's showing up again.  He seemed kind of creepy in that last episode.  Plus the fact that he was avoiding the questions Rust was asking and being indirect. 

I'm almost thinking that it is the Reverend.  I can't remember the actors name at the moment, but he has been in quite a few things and I thought it was weird early on that he was only on screen for just a split second and now he's showing up again.  He seemed kind of creepy in that last episode.  Plus the fact that he was avoiding the questions Rust was asking and being indirect. 

There was two that people were interested in. Lester from the Wire and Eli from Boardwalk Empire.

I don't think Eli is involved, he's the one that said he found the photos etc, I think his part is done now.

But, they haven't brought Lester back yet, he's the one they talked to at the church where Jesus was missing off the cross.

If the Reverend Tuttle is involved, I also think that Commader Speece is as well. He has only popped up a few times, but it's when the first body is found.. at the press conference he is giving a odd look, when the task force is being introduced and when Cohle gets suspended.

If the Reverend Tuttle is involved, I also think that Commader Speece is as well. He has only popped up a few times, but it's when the first body is found.. at the press conference he is giving a odd look, when the task force is being introduced and when Cohle gets suspended.

Good point, I could see that as well.

Tuttle is dead in present day (where they're at in the story right now).

so many little things with this show that just make it great.

when Marty meets up with Beth and they are talking outside the bar, she has her lines "You're a good man, anybody can I see that."

It then cuts to them at her place, focuses on the angel, and then changes focus to the devil before panning to them in bed.

72c2ff0e5fbd6d5bd5f4a24a2a58253e.gif

and then after they finish, Marty looks over with the devil still in focus

ca0d7387c1effc6912cebf2ec01883ba.png

Maybe it's just because I've watched so few shows in recent years, but this show blows my mind to the point it's on my mind constantly. Can anyone recommend other shows in a similar genre that I should be watching/catching up on? Keep in mind I have hulu+, netflix, and directv on demand (all premium channels).

Maybe it's just because I've watched so few shows in recent years, but this show blows my mind to the point it's on my mind constantly. Can anyone recommend other shows in a similar genre that I should be watching/catching up on? Keep in mind I have hulu+, netflix, and directv on demand (all premium channels).

twin peaks

Top of the Lake and Broadchurch.

Probably my least favorite episode, only because it focused so much on Marty/Rusty personally and did little to really advance the case. Still awesome, though. Liked the ending with the camera zoomed in on the tail light a lot.

I highly doubt that it is Tuttle, but it's not COMPLETELY ludicrous that he is actually still alive and faked his death or something. It's not like we saw a picture of his dead body with a needle hanging out of it.