The only question is, how did Rust not notice the scars the first time they ran across him? I haven't re-watched so did he have a bandana over his face or something akin to that? I feel like Rust is way too observant to not notice that lawnmower guy had scars all over his face. 

The only question is, how did Rust not notice the scars the first time they ran across him? I haven't re-watched so did he have a bandana over his face or something akin to that? I feel like Rust is way too observant to not notice that lawnmower guy had scars all over his face. 

Yeah, I feel like I need to go back and re-watch their encounter. Hell, I want to go back and re-watch each episode again for like the 4th time before the finale. I won't be able to think of anything else until this is all over. 

This show had a slow start but is pretty intense now. My only gripe is the long ass intro, then again the Game of Thrones intro is like 2 minutes long.

Yeah, I feel like I need to go back and re-watch their encounter. Hell, I want to go back and re-watch each episode again for like the 4th time before the finale. I won't be able to think of anything else until this is all over.

Weren't the scars on the right side of his face only? I didn't notice them until he turned his head as the two investigators drove away.

What if Marty's wife was the first girl in this circle of disgusting men? She's old enough to have been that little when it all could have started. Maybe they did "stuff" to her but never killed her? Is that too crazy of a theory? It could maybe tie Marty's ex father in law into it.

It doesn't sound too outlandish. Like Lebowski mentioned above the families in the cult are connected and he's obviously wealthy and would know people in that class.

I always thought that the Dexter intro felt like it took forever

My biggest problem with the Dexter credits was that you see he him shave, and then at the end he walks out of his house with stubble. Makes no sense.

I really like True Detective's opening credits though.

My biggest problem with the Dexter credits was that you see he him shave, and then at the end he walks out of his house with stubble. Makes no sense.

considering how fast my facial hair grows, i don't think that's too crazy. pretty sure that has happened to me at least once before  :D

i would be incredibly surprised if they write it so Maggie has something to do with it. i feel like the point of that scene with Rust was to just get the two of them in a room together and to reinforce that Maggie still cares about Marty.

i'm gonna go rewatch the scene with Rust and lawnmower guy now.

I don't think the lawmower guy is the green-eared spaghetti monster.  I think he may just be another one of the Tuttle/Childress clan.  But this is just my theory - nothing to base it off. 

Also, someone pointed out that one of the prison guards watching the guy who killed himself was names Childress.

I'd be shocked if Maggie is associated with the cult, but they need to clear up how Audrey got exposed to the cult so the possibility is definitely there.  But up to this point there has been no hint that a woman was involved - it's always referred to as a group of powerful men.

I don't think the lawmower guy is the green-eared spaghetti monster.  I think he may just be another one of the Tuttle/Childress clan.  But this is just my theory - nothing to base it off. 

I'm pretty sure he is the green-eared spaghetti monster. They look very very similar. I kind of doubt that he's one of the 5 main bad dudes though, hence why people recognize his face instead of a mask. He could just be the guy who sets everything up (like a grounds-keeper) whenever one of these rituals goes down. And also, someone had to take the pictures and shoot the video. That could've been him too.

Ee1Ea43.jpg

if there were 5 episodes left, i might consider that he's not the man with the scars.

he has to be the man with the scars. look at him.. he's a man with the exact scars that every person involved has described.

i would be incredibly surprised if they write it so Maggie has something to do with it. i feel like the point of that scene with Rust was to just get the two of them in a room together and to reinforce that Maggie still cares about Marty.

i'm gonna go rewatch the scene with Rust and lawnmower guy now.

Also, someone pointed out that one of the prison guards watching the guy who killed himself was names Childress.

I'd be shocked if Maggie is associated with the cult, but they need to clear up how Audrey got exposed to the cult so the possibility is definitely there.  But up to this point there has been no hint that a woman was involved - it's always referred to as a group of powerful men

I wouldn't be surprised if Maggie was a victim from the start at an early age. I'm only saying that if they end up putting her father in the group of bad men. If they don't play that route/theory then I don't think they will play my Maggie route/theory.

I thought he had to be at first, but his scars just didn't really jump off the screen at me, unless he used some sort of cover up on them.  I don't think he's the yellow king though, just does a lot of the dirty work for the Tuttle clan.

That was my thinking exactly. I thought the scars would be much more noticeable and just grab you.

I think for the most part they kept away from the wealthy families and focused more on the women and kids that lived in the more rural areas along the bayou. Hence, all the kids that disappeared no more than 10 miles away from each of those schools. These families were poor and no one cared that these kids and women went missing. So I think it's a stretch to think that Maggie was involved at all. It is possible that her dad knew something though since he was a cop and probably knows a lot of the families that have lived there for a long time, but none of these guys would do this to their own family members. That would be too obvious. 

I'm still unsure of what was going on with Audrey, and I'm not sure if they will even touch on that subject anymore since she is grown and seems to be doing pretty well. 

I honestly have no idea what to expect next week. I do know that I don't feel comfortable about Rust's storage locker full of evidence and crazy. I could see that fucking things up for him. It's not a prediction because like I said, I have no idea what to expect, but I could see them figuring out who is behind the cult and all that, but then Rust still going down for the murders because of what's in that locker. Especially with how powerful the people in that cult are supposed to be.

I think for the most part they kept away from the wealthy families and focused more on the women and kids that lived in the more rural areas along the bayou. Hence, all the kids that disappeared no more than 10 miles away from each of those schools. These families were poor and no one cared that these kids and women went missing. So I think it's a stretch to think that Maggie was involved at all. It is possible that her dad knew something though since he was a cop and probably knows a lot of the families that have lived there for a long time, but none of these guys would do this to their own family members. That would be too obvious.

I'm still unsure of what was going on with Audrey, and I'm not sure if they will even touch on that subject anymore since she is grown and seems to be doing pretty well.

We are being led to believe the governor of Louisiana is involved. Definitely some swamp people involved but wouldn't count anyone out due to social status.

I honestly have no idea what to expect next week. I do know that I don't feel comfortable about Rust's storage locker full of evidence and crazy. I could see that fucking things up for him. It's not a prediction because like I said, I have no idea what to expect, but I could see them figuring out who is behind the cult and all that, but then Rust still going down for the murders because of what's in that locker. Especially with how powerful the people in that cult are supposed to be.

I don’t think Rust will survive that long. It seemed to me that he was implying that one of the reasons for closing the case was so that he could kill himself. There are both going balls out, well aware of the consequences if things go bad (or even right). Marty was essentially saying goodbye, or giving some type of closure in his head when talking with Maggie.