I'm not sure she was sexually abused but maybe was a witness to something her father did at a very young age and that has helped shape her into her teens.  

This is just one of the things that makes me think it isn't Marty. Like 90% of the theories in here, nothing can be proved or disproved. I just am convinced that Marty wouldn't have allowed this to happen to his kid. It doesn't fit with later parts of the story (how angry he was with her for getting caught with those boys, him saying "the answer was right under my nose").

There has been literally 1 person interviewed so far that has mentioned "The Yellow King".  He spewed it out after being interrogated while trying to work out a deal to lesson a murder charge.  He then died in jail (apparent suicide but there might be more to that as well).  The other guy who knew about the Yellow King was immediately shot in the head by Marty once he started talking.

Obviously you feel really strongly about this theory, but I'm saying that just because you've found a few subtle clues that support it, doesn't really mean much, especially in the entire context of the show.

Not saying you're wrong, but there have been five hours of this show so far, and the things backing up your theory comprise of just a few total minutes.

Finally caught up with episode 5 today and I truly believe that no one is even close to the truth behind the murders yet. This show has been too good for the writers to end up putting Marty or Cohle as the killer. I had a few theories of my own on the first go through of episodes 1-5.

1st: IF Cohle ends up being the killer I can see it playing out as follows. Cohle was involved in the undercover narcotics deal. What if he's messed up from all the drugs he was taking for those 4 years? What if he's been involved in the murder all along and just doesn't remember it, a la Memento? Long shot but if were throwing out theories...

2nd: IF Marty ends up being the Killer I can see it playing out as follows. Marty seems to be very confused about who he is as a man/father/husband/person. He's a drinker and was cheating on his wife but when Cohle goes off on his "scientific soap box" Marty always seems to try and bring him back to reality and convince us that he (Marty) has good morals/ethics and understands the "basics" of life and family. He makes Cohle think that he has it all figured out but in reality Marty doesn't even know if he really knows. Like I said, he just seems to be confused. He has a longing for his family and to be a family man but he cheats. It's all just kind of odd it plays out. It's as if he has two personalities.

I'm not very good at putting my thoughts to paper or in this case the keyboard. Take it for what it's worth. Last thing though, I definitely think that Marty's oldest daughter is involved. The drawings, the barbies, the threesome, it all seems out of it's way to not mean anything.

1st: IF Cohle ends up being the killer I can see it playing out as follows. Cohle was involved in the undercover narcotics deal. What if he's messed up from all the drugs he was taking for those 4 years? What if he's been involved in the murder all along and just doesn't remember it, a la Memento? Long shot but if were throwing out theories...

Or insomniac a la Fight Club

Anyone notice that the spiral on the antler victim's back is REALLY similar to the spiral Whirr uses as their logo?

Just poking some fun at you guys.  I've enjoyed reading the theories.  I'm not quite sure what I believe that this point.  I'm going to have to rewatch the show and see what I come up with.  I'm hoping that neither Rusty or Marty is the killer, only because that seems like such a cliche thing.  But if that was the case, this is one of the few shows that could reinvent such a tired idea.

There's a lot of talk with Marty being the yellow king, which is plausible. So he's married with kids, got a full time+ detective job, a mistress and is a crazed paganistic cult leader/serial killer/skilled folk artist... my mans got some serious time management skills. I can barely find time to watch the show online.

Obviously you feel really strongly about this theory, but I'm saying that just because you've found a few subtle clues that support it, doesn't really mean much, especially in the entire context of the show.

Not saying you're wrong, but there have been five hours of this show so far, and the things backing up your theory comprise of just a few total minutes.

Well to be fair, you really haven't provided any better counter-evidence for your case than I have for mine.

For those into the Marty is the Yellow King theory, here is something else to add to you're evidence towards it. This is the promotional poster for the show.  Where it cuts at the top and moves to the bottom is a crown shaped piece of Marty's blonde hair.

c8ff53f8-deae-4fed-a397-f529d804555c_TD1

I personally don't buy it, but it's still a fun little easter egg. And as usual, this episode was awesome.

For those into the Marty is the Yellow King theory, here is something else to add to you're evidence towards it. This is the promotional poster for the show.  Where it cuts at the top and moves to the bottom is a crown shaped piece of Marty's blonde hair.

c8ff53f8-deae-4fed-a397-f529d804555c_TD1

I personally don't buy it, but it's still a fun little easter egg. And as usual, this episode was awesome.

I linked that a few pages ago in an article that throws a bunch of evidence towards Marty as well.  You should take some time and read it, I found it to be pretty interesting at least.

I've still got Marty as my main suspect but I'm not as convinced as I was before this last episode.  I believe the Tuttle church is linked with The Yellow King though I've never seen Marty linked to any of that other than his ex-wife saying that he had become "very religious" during his 7 years between the 1st affair and the last affair.  

Preview for next week's episode kinda writes off Marty being the killer. 

Rust shows him footage/pictures that are clearly linked to his family/daughter. He's very distraught. And the pictures in the beginning of the preview look like his older daughter blindfolded with antlers on her head.