The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

Got this record in the mail a couple weeks ago and put it right on the table. I noticed a lot of problems with it, but I kind of just thought I wasn't in the mood, so I put it back and haven't touched it since. Glad I read a lot of this, going to go give it another listen just to double check. 

Update: After giving it a second listen, I couldn't even finish the A side. There was surface noise throughout almost every single song, and some of the instruments sounded pretty strange. Oh well. I got the package that came with The Upsides and the Manton Street 7" for only 20 dollars from cold cuts, so I'm not too upset about it. I'll just pick up another copy if there is a repress.

Sucks though, it is a good album. Not quite as catchy as their previous albums, but still very good.

I listened to my red copy that I picked up from the show and my Hot Topic copy and there was noticeably less surface noise on my HT copy though it was still unbearable to listen to in some parts (particularly all of the softer part of Devil in my Bloodstream and Madelyn). Disappointed because this record has grown on me and I really want to crank it loud.

20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I know this isn't the place to ask, but please tell me someone has the original version of this without the horse. Unless this is the original then, fuq.

EDIT: Unrelated to the first part of this post. I listened to my gray copy again and there's almost no surface noise (at least none that I noticed) until the very last song on the b-side; at that point it just sounds like shit.

So I messaged a kid on eBay that has a release cover for sale asking if he'd come down in price a bit since it was set ridiculously high. His response:

"The idea is that I'll only sell if for the right price. The Chicago variant sold for 124 as a buy it now. I happen to have two of this one. One was a gift, one I got myself. So, I don't HAVE to sell it. It's just the price I would like."

Like really? I dislike people sometimes.

Appears the HT variant is sold out. If someone wants to sell me their grey for cost that would be much appreciated.

Fuck! whenever somebody takes care of this guy, I'm next in line...I was waiting till I got paid to grab it and I fucking missed it....

So yeah...hit me up with a PM if you have a grey copy you want to sell but can wait till I get paid on the 14th for payment....

Emailed Banquet a couple days ago asking if they've shipped records out since I haven't gotten any email confirmations and this was their response:

"sorry about the confusion. as shown on the site, CDs were dispatched for 13 May delivery but LPs are delayed - manufacturing took a lot longer than the label expected. we expect them in a couple of weeks and pre-orders will ship the same day stock's delivered to us."

yikes... received a bundle after i cancelled my order and my payment was refunded. merchnow needs to get their shit together.

same thing happened to me. I got a feeling it happened to anyone who pre-ordered super fast cause they saw the 7" and then realised it was so much cheaper to just buy the album. 

I don't mind selling one of my copies if someone is missing one. I have not listened to my blue yet but from the sounds of things it will be atrocious. My Red is surface noise city but I did not hear skips. Just PM me and let me know which variant you are looking for.