The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

I do agree that whoever approved the tests (if anyone even did) would be at fault, but the fact that there were so many warped/broken 7"s would be a reflection on Hopeless' quality control. Or at least that's how I see it.

Maybe, maybe not. My theory is that when they screen printed the artwork onto the 7"s (that is how this was done right?) maybe they somehow were warped in that process...

rewinding about 10 pages, i know some people were upset that "i just want to sell out my funeral" is basically a medley. just gonna say that i really dig it because it pulls the best parts from songs that i don't necessarily love all the way through. however, even after removing the repeated parts, the last two minutes of funeral are possibly my favorite moments of the album.

The only part that actually fits with the medley ending is the Steady hands now I can't keep them from shaking part. Everything else sounds incredibly forced.

That being said Hopeless has done plenty of vinyl releases before that didn't have these issues. You would think the test presses would have the same issues and whoever approved the test is maybe at fault here? 

have you heard The Dangerous Summer's War Paint? Not this terrible, but still pretty bad.

I sent my blue copy back to merch now with my warped 7" they said they'll replace it. But if everyone is having the same problem it'll still sound like shit and I'll just ask for a refund. I was really looking forward to this release and it just sounds like garbage.

Isn't that upsetting? We all waited a decently long time to finally get these and the release ended up being terrible.

Oh well. Plenty of other releases, and hopefully awesome packages, to look forward to

The only part that actually fits with the medley ending is the Steady hands now I can't keep them from shaking part. Everything else sounds incredibly forced.

eh, i wouldn't go that far. but the tempo change going into "i'm sorry i don't laugh at the right times" sounds like they literally spliced them together.

i wish the song was condensed or built around the last verse/outro/whatever you want to call it ("'cause i'm sick of seeing ghosts")

Feeling like I'm the only guy who doesn't dig this album. Bought the vinyl at HT and couldn't even make it through side A. It just bored me. Used to really like these guys too. What does that say when I prefer "Heart Attack" over this? Anyone interested in buying this from me at cost (yes I know it's still available but I don't think I'll ever be able to make money off of this at any point)....

What set up is everyone spinning these on? I feel like my copy I got from HT sounds pretty legit? 

My system is just a Pro-Ject Debut III w/ a Pro-Ject Phono II hooked up to a set of Bose I've had for a couple years.

Never mind shit got real bad towards the end of the A-side....like real bad! :(

What set up is everyone spinning these on? I feel like my copy I got from HT sounds pretty legit?

My system is just a Pro-Ject Debut III w/ a Pro-Ject Phono II hooked up to a set of Bose I've had for a couple years.

Never mind shit got real bad towards the end of the A-side....like real bad! :(

Haha same thing happened to me, then all of the b side was attrocious.

Haha same thing happened to me, then all of the b side was attrocious.

Just the first song on the B-side was distorted but loud....now the second track is literally just a CD walkmen skipping with the track getting extremely quiet as well......This blows hxc.

debating on returning this album and just missing out on the release until they fix it.

My grey copy sounds like ass all the way through, but I'm proud to report back that side A of my blue copy is just a little quiet (first 4 songs only), and there is only surface noise for the first 5 seconds of There, There. Haven't gotten up the nerve to play side B yet, but I'm gonna now. I don't hold too high of hopes though.

Edit: Surface noise on side B (blue) is not half as bad as it is on my grey copy. Also, Madeline plays through crystal clear, which is weird, because that should be the song that surface noise is the most prevalent. I guess my blue copy will be my listening copy.