The thread formerly known as 'ty segall'

Not April Fools, I was there and that's what he said.  Probably one of the craziest shows I've been to in a while.  The Smell isn't just a clever name either.... jesus christ what a shithole.  Also, pretty sure I was 10 years older than 95% of the people there... it was like a high school all over again.

Here's video of him making the announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqAQNrqOf3o&feature=youtu.be

I didn't go to the smell last night because I had seen Ty Segall the two previous nights but this is sad news if it's true because the Ty Segall Band really ripped together.  I know Ty has an acoustic night coming up and a Fuzz show coming up and Mikal has a tour as well.  I also know there that some of the inner dynamics of the band have changed recently and perhaps that has something to do with it.  

I know he has a show coming up with Fuzz this month. Maybe he'll be focusing on that and we'll get a new album soon!

I asked Charlie about that last time I saw Fuzz (a month or so back) and he said they weren't planning on an album anytime soon.  They have some new songs that they're playing live though.  

Weird, Ty mentioned to me that they'd be recording new Fuzz sometime soon over a two week period. Hopefully that's true now that Chad is back from tour and there aren't many non LA things planned.

He also has a band with Mikal and Charlie called Toad, I caught them Monday night and it was ridiculous in the best possible way. Super fast riffs and plenty of screaming, it was awesome but also cost Ty his voice for the show last night haha. He said he wasn't sure if they'd record any tracks but I hope they do.

He also has a band with Mikal and Charlie called Toad, I caught them Monday night and it was ridiculous in the best possible way. Super fast riffs and plenty of screaming, it was awesome but also cost Ty his voice for the show last night haha. He said he wasn't sure if they'd record any tracks but I hope they do.

Yeah, I was there too.  Fun set.  I think it was all (or mostly) covers but the only one I recognized for sure was TSOL.  Did you recognize any of the others?

Too bad to hear. Band was/is so fucking good.

I thought I read that FUZZ was releasing a record on In The Red this year.

I think this was on In The Red's website when they were doing their first batch of annoucements for the year. It also said there will be a new LP from Traditional Fools this year.

• 1 month later...