PO NOW: Say Anything - Hebrews

Pensacola, FL. I was surrounded by 14 year old girls elbowing me in the back of the head to try and touch Bemis' foot or something. And Bemis was sorta cool, but there was something about the way he was that just... I don't know. It didn't seem right. He wrapped his arms around my head at one point. And put his thumb in my cousin's mouth. And his balls were in our faces the whole show. And I don't just mean he was standing in front of us. His balls were right in front of my face. Like, idk. I'm used to frontmen doing stuff like that, and it's usually fun. It was different. Maybe I should've left the front for the kiddies, but we had been up there for Murder by Death and Tallhart and once MBD finished there was no escaping that crowd. Even Scott from MBD was talking to us while they broke their set down and was like "I'm gonna get outta here cuz shit's about to get crazy." Or maybe I'm just not sixteen anymore? I dunno. I usually enjoy being at the front during my favorite bands, being a part of that crazyness. Idk. All I know is when we left the show I was severely dissappointed and I'm still sad that I didn't get to see them in their prime.

Or maybe Murder by Death was spoiled me. Their set was flawless, and we sat around talking to them for half an hour or more after the show. The only member of Say Anything we met was the bassist. Max disappeared into the bus the moment the show was over.

Good to know, thanks! I was halfway considering holding out to see if there was a more interesting variant, but that settles me on the blue. I get the artwork connection with the beige, but uh... that sounds like the most boring variant ever. Now, if it was beige with blue and maroon splatter, I'd buy the hell out of that.

I've only seen them once a long time ago when Casper was in the band. It was them Recover and Armor For Sleep. All three bands were really good. I had the chance to talk to Casper and Max. Max did not seem very nice after the show though. Casper was awesome.

I'd of loved to see Recover back in the day. Damn, I bet that was a good show.

All I know is when we left the show I was severely dissappointed and I'm still sad that I didn't get to see them in their prime.

Definitely missed out. I was lucky enough to see them at some shitty bar/venue in Sayreville, NJ right at the end of the original lineup, before Alex left the band. Before the whole Sherri thing. When I was young and unsure if my shitty Dodge Neon could make the trip, or if I could get hone without falling asleep. Sooo much fucking fun. Every show after the S/T just wasn't the same.

Saw them in 2012 and I thought they put on a hell of a show. Maybe it was just a really good night for them or something, but I was with a few people and we all thought it was a fantastic show.

On another note, I just got around to pre-ordering. Got my 320kbps download of Six Six Six and I have to say I think it will sound really nice on vinyl.

Got any intelligent counter argument, bub?

"I hate that dude now that he's married. He's got a baby on the way; poor Sherri. That's not apropos. He's not the wretch we know. Chop his family up so we can feed them to the front row. Spike his fifteenth espresso with drugs so he's convinced it's a manic delusion to know true love. Be 19 with a joint in hand. Never change the band. Never ever be a ...real man.

I'm sorry I don't think they're as good as they used to be? I'm sorry I'm tired of hearing Sherri in every song, and if not hear her, hear lyrics about her? My bad? I'm happy for them. I also respect Max for writing that song. But that doesn't mean I have to like the new music they make. We're not saying we hate Max because he's married and happy and has a kid. I'm saying something has changed since those things. What changed is that he's happy and not high all the time. Again, I'm glad. But I still hate the last album and am not convinced I'll like this one. We can't help that the music changed and a lot of people don't like it.

I'm sorry I don't think they're as good as they used to be? I'm sorry I'm tired of hearing Sherri in every song, and if not hear her, hear lyrics about her? My bad? I'm happy for them. I also respect Max for writing that song. But that doesn't mean I have to like the new music they make. We're not saying we hate Max because he's married and happy and has a kid. I'm saying something has changed since those things. What changed is that he's happy and not high all the time. Again, I'm glad. But I still hate the last album and am not convinced I'll like this one. We can't help that the music changed and a lot of people don't like it.

No one says you have to like his new music. If you don't, that's fine. But some people express it in the most inane and childish ways. They also use moronic strawmen regarding why he doesn't make "good music" anymore (being happy, Sherri, off drugs, etc). I didn't even like Anarchy but I don't like people being stupid even more. 

Say Anything just doesn't do it for me anymore. Their first 3 albums were great, but after that they seemed to fall off. To me they were just missing something that they had in their first couple albums. But, I need to give this album a spin, maybe they will prove me wrong. 

I assume you're counting baseball here. Because saying you've fallen off a band because of one album is silly. 

No one says you have to like his new music. If you don't, that's fine. But some people express it in the most inane and childish ways. They also use moronic strawmen regarding why he doesn't make "good music" anymore (being happy, Sherri, off drugs, etc). I didn't even like Anarchy but I don't like people being stupid even more. 

To be fair I never made any strawman arguments. And if you want to start a logical, intelligent debate about an artist and his music, I'm sure a couple people are down. Otherwise there's been enough shittalk for one thread.