PO NOW: Say Anything - Hebrews

I know that he records it all himself. My thought was more so that of them playing on tour. I figured XO would be touring on their own.

He's married into a gigantic family of rock musicians, I think he will be OK.

...I'd love to see Sherri and Chauntelle fill in for the Turner brothers, and have Chauntelle cover all of Coby's yelping parts. Haha.

I know that he records it all himself. My thought was more so that of them playing on tour. I figured XO would be touring on their own.

Ah you meant for the future of the band as far as touring goes. Yeah, I second what mcquirk said, he should never again have a problem with filling roles in the touring band. 

I am liking this song even more as I listen to it. Ridiculous song structures is something that I've loved when it comes to Max's writing since the olden days and this is nothing short of that. This gets said every time a new SA record is announced, but you can't expect ISARB pt 2 because you will be let down. Nobody wants to make the same record twice but this could be different and great if you're all open to it. Negativity months before it's released is only going to make you guys want to say, "I told ya so" even more just because you feel that way about it now. I hope we're all blown away.

I am liking this song even more as I listen to it. Ridiculous song structures is something that I've loved when it comes to Max's writing since the olden days and this is nothing short of that. This gets said every time a new SA record is announced, but you can't expect ISARB pt 2 because you will be let down. Nobody wants to make the same record twice but this could be different and great if you're all open to it. Negativity months before it's released is only going to make you guys want to say, "I told ya so" even more just because you feel that way about it now. I hope we're all blown away.

i hope we all are too. i would love for this to be the album that proves all the naysayers wrong and knocks it out of the park, however, i don't dislike this new song because i'm upset that it's not IARB2, i dislike it because i just think it's a plain bad song - say anything or otherwise. 

without starting a big debate about which album is best, worst, etc. it's not like say anything has been consistently trending downward. in my opinion the self-titled was stronger than IDOTG, so it's been and up and down with him, although anarchy was very very down. but realistically it can only get better. so i'm willing to give it a shot, but i probably won't buy the vinyl until after the album drops so i don't waste my money if i hate it.

I think Say Anything is Say Anything.  They're a solid band that has a phenomenal first album and some really good albums since then.  I don't think they need to stop anytime soon, and while they may never make an album that compares to that first record, they'll always make music that sounds awesome to me, and there really is nothing wrong with that.  One thing Say Anything does that I can really respect is create music that never really sounds the same.  Each album has its own sound, and I love that about them.  It's not as drastic as Brand New's sound has shifted over the years, but each album is unique,  at least that's how I feel about it.

Everyone forgets that they had an album before IARB.

I don't hate Max. He's a cool person, although I stopped bothering to hang after shows because he never makes an appearance.

I think Say Anything ran a good course and that it's time to hang up the towel for that particular act. The guy clearly has some original thoughts, but he made his world view pretty well known with Is a Real Boy and the prior unreleased albums/EPs. Every subsequent album was, to me, an attempt to rekindle that flame, but with diminishing success.

That said, this thread got real weird real quick.

Speaking of, why didn't baseball and menorah get a vinyl release whenever they did the rarities tour? Baseball has some of the most crucial songs to my teenage years on it.

I remember sending a tweet to equal vision requesting it and they replied saying, "if there is enough demand for it".

are baseball and menorah even mastered well enough for a proper pressing? i just can't imagine it would sound very good, no matter how much i would enjoy owning it

Menorah, I definitely agree on. But Baseball was completely remastered for the rarities collection, so that one should sound great.

That reminds me. If you haven't picked up the Say Anything/Eisley split, do it. I was expecting a remastered edition of Try to Remember, Forget, but Max re-recorded the song. Sounds killer.

wait, really? that's my all time favorite SA song. i'm a bit worried as to how it might sound re-recorded.  :ph34r:

Menorah, I definitely agree on. But Baseball was completely remastered for the rarities collection, do that one should sound great.

i totally forgot about that cd. i had been meaning to pick it up.

That reminds me. If you haven't picked up the Say Anything/Eisley split, do it. I was expecting a remastered edition of Try to Remember, Forget, but Max re-recorded the song. Sounds killer.

wait, really? that's my all time favorite SA song. i'm a bit worried as to how it might sound re-recorded.  :ph34r:

see above. i expected the same thing as mcguirk, but the re-recorded version is truly excellent. i really enjoy it, and i think he did it justice. it's acoustic by the way, not full band.

i totally forgot about that cd. i had been meaning to pick it up.

see above. i expected the same thing as mcguirk, but the re-recorded version is truly excellent. i really enjoy it, and i think he did it justice. it's acoustic by the way, not full band.

just listened for myself. he really did do a good job with it! i'm impressed. it's got that painful splits sound to it.