PO: This Will Destroy You - Another Language (9/16)

For 'post-rock', see S/T or Young Mountain.

For 'experimental instrumental', see Tunnel Blanket.

Tunnel Blanket is a milestone in TWDYs work. In years to come, that album will be the one that others are judged on. An absolute masterpiece of understated beauty and darkness, sure to become a bona fide classic.

Due to the absolutely OVERWHELMING demand we've had for the Australian press of 'Another Language', we have SOLD OUT of our current allocation.

Folks, if you would like a copy from me, let me know and I'll try to get some more. I'm also trying to get the Aussie press of Tunnel Blanket'. Only 269 of the clear with black splatter Tunnel Blankets were pressed, and I dare say there wouldn't be that many left.

Continuing on the post-rock bent, would ya'll like a copy of the seafoam green Australian press of Caspian's 'Waking Season'? An almost-perfect instrumental rock album, if I do say so myself. Let me know!!

I highly doubt there will be any Hobble (blue) copies stateside – if any webstore was able to place an order, I think we would've arranged something with them instead of dumping it all on Ryan. But if it does happen, I imagine it would be priced to incorporate import fees.

You're right Derek - If it does happen, it'll be so overpriced as it's ONLY going through our AUS/NZ retail distributor. Hence why some of our releases on Interpunk have very high prices and others are much lower. I'd be surprised if it did make it anywhere honestly.

Important to note, because of the numbers in Ryan's group buy, and his continued long term support of the label - I discounted the final total. Ryan (presidential candidate if I'm not mistaken, from previous comments) has passed these savings on to each buyer. You won't do better then that group buy.

Tunnel Blanket might've been the worst starting point for a new listener. I think it's a great album, but Young Mountain or s/t is a little easier to digest for newcomers.

How many represses of YM and S/T?

Still copies of TB hanging around? (but what do the masses know anyway)  ;)   The standard others will be judged by? Hmmm... my bruv, IDK about that!

Like Justin said, there is a change of genre here. Some fans went with them, some got left behind. The normal ebb and flow of the musical journey.

The new one.....for me is going to take 10 more listens and just forgetting who the band is, and really focusing on it, not while doing other things.  I can hum every single track from YM and S/T. I'm a commoner methinks. :(

On the subject of TWDY, can anyone comment on the sound of the recent RP of their self titled, the one with the cd art? I had an older press on the mixed color and it sounded kinda poopy. Too many quieter parts in their music for the surface noise to not interfere.

I have it and think it sounds pretty good. It's on clear so its a little noisier imo and obviously there is going to be crackles on quiet parts you really hear, but overall sounds better then the original.

On the subject of TWDY, can anyone comment on the sound of the recent RP of their self titled, the one with the cd art? I had an older press on the mixed color and it sounded kinda poopy. Too many quieter parts in their music for the surface noise to not interfere.

I think the newer press sounds a lot better and louder.  It's available on clear and black.  I went with clear and it sounds fine.

As far as Another Language is concerned...easily their best record to date.  As a lot of Chris' sounds from his Symbol project floating around in there which I enjoyed.

I did get a shipping confirmation from SS and it should be arriving for me on Monday.  Also ordered a cassette from Holodeck but they don't send out confirmations.  It just arrives.  Like magic.

I personally loved Tunnel Blanket but it's so dense and dark that it's hard for me to listen often.  Still a great record though.

How many represses of YM and S/T?

Still copies of TB hanging around? (but what do the masses know anyway)  ;)   The standard others will be judged by? Hmmm... my bruv, IDK about that!

Like Justin said, there is a change of genre here. Some fans went with them, some got left behind. The normal ebb and flow of the musical journey.

The new one.....for me is going to take 10 more listens and just forgetting who the band is, and really focusing on it, not while doing other things.  I can hum every single track from YM and S/T. I'm a commoner methinks. :(

I have been stoned every time I have listened to AL and it's been great.  My jaw hit the floor the first time the heavy part hit in New Topia.  I love their guitar tones on this record a lot.

I absolutely cannot wait for my copy to come in the mail. I've ran down my apartment stairs multiple times today to check. I must be losing my mind. All of the instagram pictures, posts on here, new listings on discogs... I can't take it any more! 

On a brighter note: I too feel as though that this is their best release to date. So sweepingly dynamic. 

Top tracks:

(1) New Topia

(2) War Prayer

(3) Serpent Mound

I had a mixed color as well, but since it was used, I thought the noise was from improper care and I did everything short of the wood glue treatment. 

I also have the latest S/T on Clear (sent me Black by mistake and returned it - did not spin it) and like 95% of the vinyl I've bought in the past 2 years, the first few revolutions, it has some rice krispies, and then rest of it is just fine, even the quiet parts and between tracks. Decent and major improvement over the red/blue.

The cleanest modern vinyl issue I have is Caspian's 2nd press YATC on 180gm Black. It's magic, creepy clean. 

Top tracks:

(1) New Topia

(2) War Prayer

(3) Serpent Mound

while I don't agree this is their best album, I am very glad to see the love for "new topia". it is indeed the best track on the album. which is a bit of problem of it being the first track. rest of the album kind slides downhill after it, not much, but just doesn't reach that peak again.

while I don't agree this is their best album, I am very glad to see the love for "new topia". it is indeed the best track on the album. which is a bit of problem of it being the first track. rest of the album kind slides downhill after it, not much, but just doesn't reach that peak again.

^this.