PO: This Will Destroy You - Another Language (9/16)

• 2 months later...

Australian dollar is at a 5 and a half year low against the USD. Coupled with our new lower shipping rates, now is a great time for US folks to grab any Australian releases you're looking at, that otherwise can be difficult to get. 

We've got Hobbledehoy AUS/NZ pressings of the following available that some VC folks are into:

THIS WILL DESTROY YOU - Another Language 2LP (Blue /500)

CASPIAN - Waking Season 2LP (Seafoam Blue /250)

OWEN - L'Ami Du Peuple LP (Black /100 + Yellow /200)

BRAID - Closer To Closed LP (Blue 180g /300)

LYMBYC SYSTYM - Shutter Release LP (White /188 + Black /192)

+ and plenty of other releases of course.

http://hobbledehoyrecords.com/store/product-category/vinyl/

USD $1.00 = AUD $1.23 at time of typing this. 

Aww man I've had my eye on that Lymbyc Systym LP. Perhaps I can collect on some debts and scoop that up with some PayPal balance soon!

The Lymbyc Systym LP is distro'ed internationally through Cobraside, a few places up north still have it in stock. Can still be ordered too. Some places I found with a quick google search... 

Amazon

Stickfigure

In and Out (Germany)

Flight 13 (Germany)

• 4 weeks later...

my magic bullet TWDY records sound like shit, but my monotreme and hobbledehoy ones sound fantastic. i don't think i have any from suicide squeeze besides the black dunes single (which sounds not great anyway just because of how much music is on there) so i can't really compare to them.

my only issue with the hobbledehoy pressing is that the grooves run on to the labels on every side. don't know if this is a widespread problem though

How is the pressing for Another Language? Still don't own this. Every bloody TWDY album I own has terrible surface noise so I never listen to them. Not keen on spending $50 if this is the same.

I have the standard copper & Hobbledehoy blue & both sound a little muddy, but overall not bad. I didn't notice surface noise, but you gotta crank the volume to get good sound imo.

I was at my local record store yesterday, and saw that they had this and got really stoked, since it was one of my favourites from 2014, and I've been meaning to pick it up forever.  Then I saw the price tag of $40, and it was the copper pressing.  Nope.  I don't get that stores prices.  The SRC Jimmy Eat World represses are $50, but then the Modest Mouse represses are an extremely reasonable $30 CAD.

• 2 weeks later...