Caspian - Live At Old South Church (Repress)

Caspian

Live At Old South Church

gZncrnW.jpg

1. Last Rites 10:34

2. The Dove 3:15

3. ASA 5:01

4. Concrescene 4:37

5. Sycamore 11:09

"Just wanted to let everyone know we're repressing the classic live LP from Caspian very soon! It will feature all new artwork (not pictured, that's the original artwork is shown above) courtesy our long-time collaborator Nate Shumaker. More information coming very soon, but we've been working on getting this repressed since much earlier in the year and we're finally just about there!

So keep an eye out!" -Mylene Sheath

So not only do we get a new album, a new live album, but a repress of a long out of print, classic Caspian album. Pretty stoked on that.

*Will update accordingly.

06/04/15

Live at Old South Church features brand new artwork designed by longtime collaborator N.Shumaker of Northern Lights Industries. It has also been remastered for vinyl using all new plates for this pressing, so it's essentially a new, different version actually. But for the sake of continuity, we'll consider it a 2nd pressing. We'll start taking pre-orders for these ones around the end of July :)

I knew you'd be posting this one. This is one of the Caspian albums I still haven't picked up. Had a chance to pick up a blush variant a few months ago but passed because I didn't want to spend $40. Glad they are working on this!

$40 isn't that bad for the blush actually. But if you want a cheap copy I would go for the pink/white.

Also, I love that they are repressing this, but I really don't need anymore haha. I have every copy. Just more to complete the Caspian collection.

xdKelPO.jpg

Beautiful pics as well.

Does anyone know if proceeds of the RP are going to the charity Caspian was donating to for fight and help victims of human trafficking (ie sex slavery)?

"$2 from every sale will be donated directly to Amirah. This serves as the proper documentation of an evening that will live on for eternity."

But I don't know whose cut that was coming from whether it was the band's cut, the label, or both. I don't they'll do charity for it again, being it's a repress for MS to milk that Caspian money.

I love J&L to death, but it's kinda true. (I didn't mean it in a bad way.)

As long as they put the profits towards new albums.

Plus I know for a fact they are going to repress Tertia ... again. That kind of plays into my initial statement.

I think it's great that they keep pressing the albums.  I don't disagree that their milking it a bit, but at the same time, no one has to buy every variant :)  At the end of the day, having these albums fairly available is the important thing (and it helps MS keep the lights on).

Edit : Pulling this off the shelf and listening to it for the first time since it came out.  Going to be like hearing it for the first time!

I think it's great that they keep pressing the albums.  I don't disagree that their milking it a bit, but at the same time, no one has to buy every variant :)  At the end of the day, having these albums fairly available is the important thing (and it helps MS keep the lights on).

Edit : Pulling this off the shelf and listening to it for the first time since it came out.  Going to be like hearing it for the first time!

I'm all for it. After all, I love Caspian and MS. I'm all about supporting both and they know it.

And I spin this album at least once a week. It's so damn good. The initial run was only 1,000, so it deserves a repress.

use your imagination, it's not that difficult

Oh, Don. You're too funny.

Am I the only one actually disappointed in this live album? It just lacks the intensity I've come to love the most with their shows.

Really? I think it's a good 'taste' of what they do live. Maybe you think that cause it's a short album?

I'm sure the 10yr pressing will meet your expectations and then some.  : )