Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

tldr - Records are great for discovering music. That's why, as a parent, I tell my kids how and what to listen to. Last year I caught them supporting unsigned bands on bandcamp and downloading albums into their mp3 players. After flying into a rage and buying some turntables and Kiss records, they got the message. I have transcended my human existence and taken on my true form, as Dadrock Incarnate.

I just pre-ordered a copy. That Adam Sandler cover is awesome! I can't wait to hear Killer Tofu!

“We’d like to let as many bands participate as possible but, in the end, there is only so much room on the stage. This year we’ve had over 550 submissions, of which we are hoping to include about 450.”

rzd6afok.gif

“We’d like to let as many bands participate as possible but, in the end, there is only so much room on the stage. This year we’ve had over 550 submissions, of which we are hoping to include about 450.”

rzd6afok.gif

I don't know who makes up the committee, but the fact that multiple represses of albums that have already sold millions of copies (i.e. Aerosmith) are chosen over interesting, and original compilations like this is absurd.

I don't know who makes up the committee, but the fact that multiple represses of albums that have already sold millions of copies (i.e. Aerosmith) are chosen over interesting, and original compilations like this is absurd.

When the official list is out I'd like to see a percentage of this, I'd guess over 50% are dollar-bin represses.

When the official list is out I'd like to see a percentage of this, I'd guess over 50% are dollar-bin represses.

I'd bet you're right on the money with that guess. This is the ugly side to the vinyl resurgence. Eventually these massive represses will start collecting dust, as I'm sure many of them already are, and that will cause the majors to reevaluate their business model. Hopefully that results in unnecessary represses, reissues, what have you, from clogging up the presses.

Question The Answers.....I got my sources

Thank you sir. Already have my 10" press but wouldn't mind a new copy. Now I guess I have to line up...might try 1234 in Oakland this year instead because midnight at amoeba is just too much for this and miles Davis....shoot....maybe I'll just skip this year and get it after the fact....kinda nice to not have to sit on haight st all nite again. Hmmmm...

Either way thanks for the heads up!

BmN16BP.png

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (FEBRUARY 20th, 2015)

SPACELAB9 announces The Lego Movie RSD Release ahead of the Oscars

February 20th, 2015 – Do you know what’s awesome? “Everything is Awesome”! Catch Tegan and Sara with The Lonely Island performing the Oscar nominated “Everything is Awesome” from The LEGO® Movie: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on Sunday, February 22nd at the 87th Academy Awards ceremony. Just in time to celebrate the awesomeness, Spacelab9 announces the limited edition release of The LEGO® Movie: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack as a Double LP Picture Disc, exclusively for April 18th, Record Store Day 2015. 

Not just a mere Picture Disc, the deluxe Double LP Record Store Day edition is packaged in a double-wide, LEGO® “brick” die cut jacket and also includes an exclusive bonus full color 18” x 24” poster featuring the LEGO RECORD STORE diorama built and photographed by artist Ryan Howerter. Like most Record Store Day releases, these are sure to go quickly so be sure to visit your favorite local record store ahead of time and make sure they order these gems nice and early!