Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Pete and Pete vinyl?

Just when I think I'm out they reel me back in. I can't quit you RSD!

Got pretty lucky last year with Mark Mulcahy releasing Fathering for RSD. No copies made it to anywhere near me for RSD but he had some at the show he played a couple of weeks later in my town and he signed it for me.

"Thrill Jockey Records

Are you getting ready for Record Store Day 2015 (April 18)? We are: We'll be re-issuing two albums from PULLMAN! These albums have been out of print for well over a decade, so now's your chance to snag them on virgin vinyl with fully replicated original album artwork and a free digital download card. 

Pullman's 1998 album, "Turnstyles & Junkpiles," features Doug McCombs from Brokeback,Eleventh Dream Day and Tortoise; Bundy K. Brown from Tortoise and Directions in Music; Chris Brokaw from Come and Codeine (band) and Curtis Harvey from Rex, with contributions from David Pajo (Slint (official) and Tortoise). 

McCombs, Brown, Brokaw, and Harvey reunited for 2001's "Viewfinder," this time joined by Tim Barnes (The Tower Recordings). The vinyl edition of this double album features an entire side of bonus material that has never been available on the CD or digital versions. 

Mark your calendars and start counting down to April 18! "

I'm waiting to see how many copies of Polaris will be pressed. But I don't think it'll be hard to acquire. I definitely want gwar and the rtj pic disc.

Luckily Bullmoose does this thing for a week where they take preorders for RSD. You can choose two records but you have to be there when the store opens. Did it last year for black Friday, had death grips pre-ordered but when I got there it was sold out. A few days later I was called in to pick it up.

I used the Bull Moose service last year. Called ahead and reserved 2 LPs. I didn't have to be there when it opened though. In fact I was at a different BM for RSD. I went to the other BM on the following Monday and grabbed my 2 reserved LPs

I was under the impression you had to meet some type of criteria for this for the April RSD, if at all. Black Friday was a little different, if I recall.