demetrios

'Singles Soundtrack' re-issue released this August on Sony Legacy Recordings.

156 posts in this topic

I wouldn't dismiss Cameron Crowe outright: Say Anything is a great movie (and probably the defacto Jon Cusack performance)... and if you're a music fan (especially of 70s rock) who doesn't like Almost Famous, I would question your values a little.

BUT... Everything else he's directed is various shades of disappointing, ranging from slightly (Jerry MacGuire) to extremely (last couple movies, Roadies TV show). I want to support the guy, but it's tough.

Also: PearlJamTwenty is very good, as is Fast Times At Ridgemont High (he wrote the screenplay).

Monastic_mike likes this

Yeah I used to hammer the film back in the 90's...along with Empire Records 

Its what the 90's scene was all about but its pretty terrible nowadays. 

Soundtrack is still amazing and pleased I own the OP. 

Ordered the deluxe but I'm not expecting it to arrive in May 

Singles as a movie doesn't hold up particularly well other than the anticipation of the funny bits with the Pearl Jam guys and the Alice in Chains live scene...but boy Say Anything holds up really well and is still as funny and moving as it was back when I first saw it around 1990 as a 16 year old and the Blu-ray is terrific, great picture quality and nice clarity on the 5.1 mix. Great soundtrack on that one too, Chili Peppers, Mother Love Bone, Joe Satriani, Peter Gabriel...

Monastic_mike likes this