Shitty Rambo

The 'Does anyone have info about this record?'/ 'What is this record or collection worth?' Thread

64 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, antisyntax said:

I think that's just when the person made it because it seems odd that UO would get an exclusive repress of something limited to 300 copies

The entry dates on discogs correlate with release, not when the entry was actually made. I wouldn't be surprised with anything these days though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Via user @adverseffect

 

"

Hello all,

New to the vinyl world and hoping you could offer some input.

I picked up a reissue of Sabotage by Black Sabbath on purple vinyl. I opened it and found a purple record but with a Technical Ecstasy label. I thought it was a mislabel and put it on to check. Turns out it actually is Technical Ecstasy. However, no reissues of Technical Ecstasy were supposed to be issued on purple vinyl, only white.

Is there any collector value associated with something like this?

Thanks.

648VHKJ.jpg"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like a mistake of some kind, someone at the factory has either go the wrong info or the info put out about the record was flawed leading to a mess up. In the days when labels pressed their own records this did happen but now records are pressed by a few contract pressing plants and if they get the wrong info or sleeves etc they are less worried, they just do as thet are asked, they don't always check it......This said this could become a collectors item in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll soon see how big a mistake it is if it gets it's own Discogs listing.

I would expect there will be a few of them because of the fact it made it out of the plant, if it were noticed at pressing the run would have been abandoned or destroyed before packing. I would assume it would have been a reasonable sized run but that run depends on how many the machine was set up to do and how rare it will be depends on how many get into the wild and stay there, as people take them back those returns and any on the shelves from that run will be returned to the label and destroyed or if it's a big number possibly repackaged with the correct sleeve and re issued as a limited run.

Either way I'd hang on to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hardcore Bad Books/Kevin Devine/Andy Hull fans, this might be for you....

Recently dug up this Bad Books "I", well, BOOK, that was apparently made by the band for an original pre-order for the first album. It's literally a book that has been modified, pages cut out to fit the CD, etc (see pictures). 

I really like it and it's a great idea, but I cannot find ANY information on it anywhere....maybe it will have to be enough to know that I have it and it exists. Anyone else have one/heard of anyone that has one? I am really just curious as to how any others look, what books were used, etc.

b6Zq17D.jpg

fDJ8lC6.jpg?1

BSdRF69.jpg

LSlhJLl.jpg

wCvIGr8.jpg

 

Edited by defchino11
twentytwo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I ordered "Feel" by Sleeping With Sirens from BestBuy's website. It didn't have any info on it. When I opened the package, I discovered that the record was gold. Does anyone know the pressing info for this variant? I know it's a first pressing, but doe anyone know what it's limited to? I'm also looking to find out how many copies of "If You Were A Movie..." by SWS exist on orange vinyl (Hot Topic exclusive). I checked Discogs and DeadFormat, but I'm having no luck. Rise Records USUALLY releases most the pressing info for their vinyl releases on their site, but neither of these are listed. Any help is appreciated!

Edited by MyckelJay
Reformatted the whole paragraph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 10:22 PM, MyckelJay said:

I ordered "Feel" by Sleeping With Sirens from BestBuy's website. It didn't have any info on it. When I opened the package, I discovered that the record was gold. Does anyone know the pressing info for this variant? I know it's a first pressing, but doe anyone know what it's limited to? I'm also looking to find out how many copies of "If You Were A Movie..." by SWS exist on orange vinyl (Hot Topic exclusive). I checked Discogs and DeadFormat, but I'm having no luck. Rise Records USUALLY releases most the pressing info for their vinyl releases on their site, but neither of these are listed. Any help is appreciated!

 

http://www.riserecords.com/contact.php

 

https://www.hottopic.com/contactus

 

That's all I got.

Edited by MicLima
add quote
MyckelJay likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MicLima said:

Damn. I never would've thought to contact HT about it. I might try that. Thanks! As far as Rise Records goes, I've tried to contact them three times in the past 2 years for various reasons; still haven't heard back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

Damn. I never would've thought to contact HT about it. I might try that. Thanks! As far as Rise Records goes, I've tried to contact them three times in the past 2 years for various reasons; still haven't heard back. 

Yeah, I personally hate those forms for contacting anybody.  Have you tried Mike, under the Press section, to the right of the form?

MyckelJay likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2017 at 2:31 PM, MicLima said:

Yeah, I personally hate those forms for contacting anybody.  Have you tried Mike, under the Press section, to the right of the form?

No, I haven't. I've always assumed that if you contact someone at a busy label with information that doesn't gain them any recognition they'd just ignore it. Maybe I'll give it a try though. I'll try emailing HT first though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discogs indicates the first pressing was in 2002, but like I said, I've seen people claim they own a 1999 pressing, but i find it HARD to believe if a 1999 pressing exists, nobody  submitted it to Discogs in the 18 years??

 

The reason why i'm looking for answers is because I recently purchased what was described as a 2009 reissue test press. Upon receiving the test press, I noticed the runoff groove matrix numbers were NOT the same as any of the reissue pressings, 2009, 2011 or 2012. (I have made a Disgogs submission of the test press)
The numbers on my test press are,

  • Matrix / Runout (Side A): PIAS-9-RE-A 1-518653 -18950-
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B): PIAS-9-RE-B 1-518653 -18950-
  • Matrix / Runout (Side C): PIAS-9-RE-C -18951- 1-518653
  • Matrix / Runout (Dide D): PIAS-9-RE-D 1-518653 -18951-

 

Here's the twist, the assumed first press on Discogs was released by PIAS, with the matrix numbers,

 

  • Matrix / Runout (Side A): PIASA-9-A EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62766 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B): PIASA-9-B EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62766 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side C): PIASA-9-C EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62995 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side D): PIASA-9-D EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62995 DON GROSSINGER

    Clearly the test press I own was made by PIAS, but why doesnt it have Don Grossinger's mark? 
    Also, the RE- indicates that at some point a PIAS-9-A 1-518653 -18950- lacquer was cut, but then NOT approved and needed to be RE-cut.

    Im wondering what the pressing of The Soft Bulletin belongs to my test press??? As far as I know, PIAS only released one pressing of Soft Bulletin, but at the very least, two different test presses exist. 

    Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Discogs indicates the first pressing was in 2002, but like I said, I've seen people claim they own a 1999 pressing, but i find it HARD to believe if a 1999 pressing exists, nobody  submitted it to Discogs in the 18 years??

 

The reason why i'm looking for answers is because I recently purchased what was described as a 2009 reissue test press. Upon receiving the test press, I noticed the runoff groove matrix numbers were NOT the same as any of the reissue pressings, 2009, 2011 or 2012. (I have made a Disgogs submission of the test press)
The numbers on my test press are,

  • Matrix / Runout (Side A): PIAS-9-RE-A 1-518653 -18950-
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B): PIAS-9-RE-B 1-518653 -18950-
  • Matrix / Runout (Side C): PIAS-9-RE-C -18951- 1-518653
  • Matrix / Runout (Dide D): PIAS-9-RE-D 1-518653 -18951-

 

Here's the twist, the assumed first press on Discogs was released by PIAS, with the matrix numbers,

 

  • Matrix / Runout (Side A): PIASA-9-A EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62766 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B): PIASA-9-B EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62766 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side C): PIASA-9-C EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62995 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side D): PIASA-9-D EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62995 DON GROSSINGER

    Clearly the test press I own was made by PIAS, but why doesnt it have Don Grossinger's mark? 
    Also, the RE- indicates that at some point a PIAS-9-A 1-518653 -18950- lacquer was cut, but then NOT approved and needed to be RE-cut.

    Im wondering what the pressing of The Soft Bulletin belongs to my test press??? As far as I know, PIAS only released one pressing of Soft Bulletin, but at the very least, two different test presses exist. 

    Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I don't know shit about what you're talking about, but if you check PopSike, copies of this sold on eBay in 2008 and early 2009.

 

http://www.popsike.com/php/m-detaildata.php?itemnr=150316198747

Velocity of Sound likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

I don't know shit about what you're talking about, but if you check PopSike, copies of this sold on eBay in 2008 and early 2009.

 

http://www.popsike.com/php/m-detaildata.php?itemnr=150316198747

I can see why you didn't know what I was talking about, the first sentence of my question was cut off.  Thank you for the link, I'm gonna ask my question again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need some help from fellow vinyl/The Flaming Lips nerds (like me).
Can anyone tell me with certainty what year The Flaming Lips "Soft Bulletin" received its first vinyl pressing? Ive read people on Steve Hoffman say 1999 and Ive read 2002.

Discogs indicates the first pressing was in 2002, but like I said, I've seen people claim they own a 1999 pressing, but i find it HARD to believe if a 1999 pressing exists, nobody submitted it to Discogs in the 18 years??

The reason why i'm looking for answers is because I recently purchased what was described as a 2009 reissue test press. Upon receiving the test press, I noticed the runoff groove matrix numbers were NOT the same as any of the reissue pressings, 2009, 2011 or 2012. (I have made a Disgogs submission of the test press)
The numbers on my test press are,

  • Matrix / Runout (Side A): PIAS-9-RE-A 1-518653 -18950-
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B): PIAS-9-RE-B 1-518653 -18950-
  • Matrix / Runout (Side C): PIAS-9-RE-C -18951- 1-518653
  • Matrix / Runout (Dide D): PIAS-9-RE-D 1-518653 -18951-


Here's the twist, the assumed first press on Discogs was released by PIAS, with the matrix numbers,
 

  • Matrix / Runout (Side A): PIASA-9-A EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62766 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side B): PIASA-9-B EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62766 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side C): PIASA-9-C EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62995 DON GROSSINGER
  • Matrix / Runout (Side D): PIASA-9-D EUROPADISK DMM NY USA 62995 DON GROSSINGER

    Clearly the test press I own was made by PIAS, but why doesnt it have Don Grossinger's mark? 
    Also, the RE- indicates that at some point a PIAS-9-A 1-518653 -18950- lacquer was cut, but then NOT approved and needed to be RE-cut.

    Im wondering what the pressing of The Soft Bulletin belongs to my test press??? As far as I know, PIAS only released one pressing of Soft Bulletin, but at the very least, two different test presses exist. 

    Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, first time poster here. I'll be honest I don't have too much to do with vinyl either for clothing or for listening to but I recently found a 52 disc collection of old Edison Diamond Discs in my barn. Not going to ask about pricing since it's all subjective but I was wondering where the best place to sell these was. Is it still Ebay or should I spend time exploring Discogs or somewhere else? I also am wondering if it is best to sell individually or as a lot. I'm not looking to squeeze every last penny out of them but at the same time don't want someone telling stories about how they picked up $1,000,000 worth of stuff for $0.75. I'd also like them to move quickly so they're not taking up valuable house space. Thanks for any help however undeserving I may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Calamabama said:

Hi, first time poster here. I'll be honest I don't have too much to do with vinyl either for clothing or for listening to but I recently found a 52 disc collection of old Edison Diamond Discs in my barn. Not going to ask about pricing since it's all subjective but I was wondering where the best place to sell these was. Is it still Ebay or should I spend time exploring Discogs or somewhere else? I also am wondering if it is best to sell individually or as a lot. I'm not looking to squeeze every last penny out of them but at the same time don't want someone telling stories about how they picked up $1,000,000 worth of stuff for $0.75. I'd also like them to move quickly so they're not taking up valuable house space. Thanks for any help however undeserving I may be.

If I had to guess, I'd say eBay. But if any of them are entered on Discogs, check the number of folks that "want" it. Might be a good gauge of the interest over there.

 

Also...

 

1984-boxing-cats.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys so i just purchased a a bulk lot of fall out boy shit... hoping to add to the original baseball cards that came with the first pressing of TTTYG cd... anyway... in the lot was a demo CD with 3 songs (that were released of the project rocket split) pics below: 

2qwht3c.jpg

2m4vdk2.jpg

Heres the weird part... there is a lathe cut 7" of this CD thats clearly stuck on labels... pics here:

2vkc7qr.jpg

10gzl7q.jpg

Has anyone seen this before?!?  

im assuming boot... annnnd nothing on discogs... hence the post :) 

video here

https://vid.me/u0bz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 3/15/2017 at 7:35 AM, AGB said:

Hi Guys so i just purchased a a bulk lot of fall out boy shit... hoping to add to the original baseball cards that came with the first pressing of TTTYG cd... anyway... in the lot was a demo CD with 3 songs (that were released of the project rocket split) pics below: 

 

 

Heres the weird part... there is a lathe cut 7" of this CD thats clearly stuck on labels... pics here:

2vkc7qr.jpg

 

Has anyone seen this before?!?  

im assuming boot... annnnd nothing on discogs... hence the post :) 

video here

https://vid.me/u0bz

I haven't seen this before. But whether it's self-released or a bootleg, that's definitely a cool little piece to add to your collection. I would just make a release page for it on Discogs, give it some time, and see if anyone else adds it to their collection. If somebody does, you could DM from there and see if they have any more information on it. Good luck!

Edited by MyckelJay
typos
Velocity of Sound likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F7rJW2b0-m_PTg9A02UVx-sbU4B-7RiQdeNKVtoq

 

I just found The Naked and Famous - Passive Me Aggressive You used and I'm super confused. There's a pic disk version of this, and then a black vinyl version. Mine has this pink screenprinted type design on the b-side, but the b-side still plays music ... except when the needle goes over the screenprint the music is just noise and it's unlistenable. Any idea what this is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello VC!

I have a question about a Pearl Jam Ten album. It's a yellow variant. European pressing from 2007.

Epic ‎– 88697159541, Sony BMG Music Entertainment ‎– 88697159541

Does anyone know what pressing plant it comes from or where it was pressed exactly? I just found a good deal on discogs for €20. And €15 shipping.

Thx!

~Mario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to figure out which pressing I have for Neck Deep's Wishful Thinking. I've checked Discogs and none of the photos match what my variant looks like. I checked deadformat and none of the descriptions really match either. The only one I've seen a similar photo of on deadformat has it listed as yellow/purple smash, which does not match the Discogs page or the record itself. 

 

This is what mine looks like. It's like a deep reddish/pinkish color.

vjjzQAL.jpg

 

This one is the only other photo I've been able to find that's similar, but the color is quite a bit more purple. 

79pS2SQ.jpg

 

The deadformat pressing info doesn't really help as far as descriptions:

Oasj3PS.png

 

Hopeless Records also has a lack of release info on their site and I can't find anyone to contact from them either.

 

If anyone knows anything, that would be awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, underwaterzoo said:

I'm trying to figure out which pressing I have for Neck Deep's Wishful Thinking. I've checked Discogs and none of the photos match what my variant looks like. I checked deadformat and none of the descriptions really match either. The only one I've seen a similar photo of on deadformat has it listed as yellow/purple smash, which does not match the Discogs page or the record itself. 

 

This is what mine looks like. It's like a deep reddish/pinkish color.

vjjzQAL.jpg

 

This one is the only other photo I've been able to find that's similar, but the color is quite a bit more purple. 

79pS2SQ.jpg

 

The deadformat pressing info doesn't really help as far as descriptions:

Oasj3PS.png

 

Hopeless Records also has a lack of release info on their site and I can't find anyone to contact from them either.

 

If anyone knows anything, that would be awesome!

I've been using Facebook and Twitter to connect labels. That might be a good idea. I like using Facebook messenger because I can see if my message has been read. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now