Po: Radiohead - Kid A & Amnesiac 12" reissues

3 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

My local Exchange had the 10" copies of these marked down to $15 and $16 (don't ask why one was a dollar more than the other, I have no idea), so I grabbed them!  Pretty happy about it after reading the 12" represses were kind of pointless.

kinda pointless except they sound the absolute best, by far.

:(

3 hours ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

I remember reading complaints about the Capitol Kid A side 3 having a static sounding issue or something. Was that ever fixed and is it present on the new issues?

as mentioned earlier in this thread, the 12" pressing of KID A is top notch, the best I've heard ...

3 hours ago, Cloudsbelow said:

kinda pointless except they sound the absolute best, by far.

:(

as mentioned earlier in this thread, the 12" pressing of KID A is top notch, the best I've heard ...

It's no lie. I listened to side C on the Capitol 10" first, then put on the new 12" UK pressing. 20 seconds into Optimistic it was easily clear which was superior. The 12" UK pressing is so much better than my Capitol 10". Not even close. 

I ordered it based on early reviews and deadwax info on Thursday morning from Amazon UK with the cheapest international shipping. It arrived today. I live on the East Coast, but man that was fast!

i also order Amnesiac, but I'm guessing that is delayed.

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Are all 12 inch pressings the same or us and eu different masterings?

I don't know, but after reading deadwax info and hearing early impressions, I went ahead and ordered from Amazon UK to ensure I got the UK presses. I didn't want to be stuck with Rainbo pressings IF the US presses are different. It cost me $27 shipped for each, so it was the same price either way.

17 hours ago, Cloudsbelow said:

Do you have a local record store? 

No I don't have any local record stores(closest one in 1 hour drive from home) and most cheap RADIOHEAD record in Moscow cost around $40(I saw HTTT for $65) for so it's cheapier to buy all 3 records in US from single store and ship em to me.

Edited by ASSARTOSE

6 hours ago, ASSARTOSE said:

No I don't have any local record stores(closest one in 1 hour drive from home) and most cheap RADIOHEAD record in Moscow cost around $40(I saw HTTT for $65) for so it's cheapier to buy all 3 records in US from single store and ship em to me.

gotcha, try the XL site?  not sure but they'd be a good start.   Maybe a discog seller will have them all?

I am not very good on the whole online record shopping thing.

best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

It was reported that the 12"s are 33. So I'm guessing he's saying it's weird that Amnesiac 12" is 45 despite the early reports. Or that kid A is 33 and Amnesiac is 45 and it's weird because there is No reason for them to be cut at different speeds from each other. 

Edited by timsimmons

24 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Both 10"s are 45. 

It was reported that the 12"s are 33. So I'm guessing he's saying it's weird that Amnesiac 12" is 45 despite the early reports. Or that kid A is 33 and Amnesiac is 45 and it's weird because there is No reason for them to be cut at different speeds from each other. 

I thought Kid A was always 33?  That's what Discogs says, but I don't have a copy - which I need.