I'll start.

I saw Every Time I Die and The Chariot last night. It was fucking awesome. I listen to ETID a little and have heard very little from the Chariot, but they both brought it. Keith was hilarious as expected. So much stage diving from the crowd and the bands. I don't think there are a lot of dates left on this tour, but if you get the chance you need to go.

I actually wanted to make a thread kind of like this as a catch-all for shit that wasn't quite thread worthy. Mostly stuff I saw on Reddit, if I am being honest. 

Shit like finding a giant squid on video for the first time. Badass, sort of. 

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/12/discovery-to-air-first-video-of-giant-squid/

I actually wanted to make a thread kind of like this as a catch-all for shit that wasn't quite thread worthy. Mostly stuff I saw on Reddit, if I am being honest. 

Shit like finding a giant squid on video for the first time. Badass, sort of. 

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/12/discovery-to-air-first-video-of-giant-squid/

I really enjoy the giant squid documentaries on history channel. Amazing that with everything we know about this planet and the universe there are still elusive creatures.

I'll start.

I saw Every Time I Die and The Chariot last night. It was fucking awesome. I listen to ETID a little and have heard very little from the Chariot, but they both brought it. Keith was hilarious as expected. So much stage diving from the crowd and the bands. I don't think there are a lot of dates left on this tour, but if you get the chance you need to go.

ETID and The Chariot? I would have killed to be at that show.

ETID and The Chariot? I would have killed to be at that show.

Yeah, the singer from the chariot came out with every time i die to sing and got tackled off the stage. The guitar player from the chariot was also stage diving/moshing during etid. It was exciting to see the other bands going nuts for etid.

Keith: The weird lighting in this place reminding me of the roller rink where I got my first handjob.

Keith: This next song is easy, run around and jump off the stage.

Keith: Last night the show was at a youth center and there was no alcohol. I am glad a lot of you guys are drunk tonight. That's how we do it.

i think i might change my username. it's long. and i was listening to Elliott Smith at the time of registration and didn't think i'd be posting much at all anyway, no real thought or fucks were given.

you can change your display name in settings, go for it. I just did because my daddy gave me a name. 

Yeah, the singer from the chariot came out with every time i die to sing and got tackled off the stage. The guitar player from the chariot was also stage diving/moshing during etid. It was exciting to see the other bands going nuts for etid.Keith: The weird lighting in this place reminding me of the roller rink where I got my first handjob.Keith: This next song is easy, run around and jump off the stage.Keith: Last night the show was at a youth center and there was no alcohol. I am glad a lot of you guys are drunk tonight. That's how we do it.

Keith is a good dude. I used to work with his wife.

I probably haven't been to a show in about a year or so.  I think I'm starting to feel my age.  I have zero desire to go to shows anymore.  Perhaps it's because the better ones are usually about three hours away.

This bar/venue about five minutes from my house gets a show every two months and they are usually something I'm into. It takes a lot to get me into Chicago these days.

I want to post drunk thoughts, but I stopped drinking.  A social experiment if you will, going an entire year with zero alcohol.  I'm going to try to write a book based on the actions I see in others whilst intoxicated.  This is probably going to suck.

When did you, or are you stopping. I'm aiming for at least a few months after New Year. 

When did you, or are you stopping. I'm aiming for at least a few months after New Year. 

I went five weeks in a row without drinking this year. Everyone was pissed at me by the end of it. They get mad when I get drunk but they get mad when I don't drink. There is no pleasing people.

I quit about a week ago, I will not officially start drinking again until Dec 15th, 2013.  It's all for a book I'm attempting to write which will focus on the actions, decisions, and finances of a social twenty something. 

Bless your patience. I can't last more than an hour around a bunch of drunk people if I'm sober. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic