We Buy White Albums

Anyone have the picture of like 100 copies of Whipped Cream & Other Delights?

Either way this still beats that out. Curious as to how be catalogs non-numbered pressings. I'll sell him mine haha.

EDIT: didn't read the interview before i posted this. Didn't notice he only collects the #d pressings.

I like the way the dude answered the questions. I think he was trying to keep the focus on his show and not on anything else, which makes sense. This is pretty interesting. The Side A x 100 was pretty cool, I'm curious to hear the planned final one with every record played at once.

Anyone have the picture of like 100 copies of Whipped Cream & Other Delights?

Either way this still beats that out. Curious as to how be catalogs non-numbered pressings. I'll sell him mine haha.

One of the record stores I go to here has a wall of all kinds of Whipped Cream & Other Delights pressings and parodies on it. Not sure if that's what you're talking about or not though

This is right by my office. I might go in there with my copy then tell him he's a greedy fucker and can't have my copy. 

I find nothing artistic about keeping music out of the hands of those that might enjoy it. 

People can go to his store and listen to any copy they want. How is that keeping music out of the hands of people that might enjoy it? Also, this album isn't hard to find at all.. Either on vinyl, CD or as digital files

If you have almost 700 copies of any one album that makes 699 people that might want to own that edition shit out of luck. This edition is special with the photos etc and you can't compare it. So my statement stands. 

There are more than three million numbered copies in the first pressing. I think the rest of the world will get by just fine even though some weirdo owns 700 of them.

How is what this dude is doing called art? I fail to see the artistic angle or merit of collecting a shitload copies of the album.

Really? Did you not look at the numerous photos of how the copies had been altered by their previous owners? He's not so much an artist as he is a curator of a gallery. I thought it was really fascinating. I love seeing records that were treated like regular possessions, not collector's items. People doodled on them, wrote love notes on them, colored them in, etc. -- it's a testament to human creativity.