PO: Modest Mouse - Good news for people who love bad news GREEN #d /1000

That is pretty much the exact rationale to justify these high prices. You have the option to buy a manufactured rarity for a premium or a norally priced non-limited version. It would be more egregious to force anyone who just wants the records to pay inflated prices because no alternative exists.

That is pretty much the exact rationale to justify these high prices. You have the option to buy a manufactured rarity for a premium or a norally priced non-limited version. It would be more egregious to force anyone who just wants the records to pay inflated prices because no alternative exists.

I agree with you, I'm just saying that if these were the only available pressings these threads would be filled with people asking if anyone picked up an extra copy instead of complains about the pricing. At the end of the day the people at Newbury are just being good capitalists.

Don't lump Yonce' in there!

My bad. Fuck Yonce for THIS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyonce-Beyonce-Jay-Z-Frank-Ocean-Drake-Vinyl-2LP-Vinyl-Album-NEW-/221400370514

[Even though she had nothing whatsoever to do with it. Just the mere fact her label didn't press vinyl makes her guilty for all bootleggers past, present, and future.]

Is anyone else sick of seeing these newbury represses?

I feel like they are riding the "pretty colors" train...

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Especially because all of their colors (that I've seen, at least) are default color options at pressing plants, nothing special or unique. Colors I like to call "basic" - Like Volcano Choir - Repave was on "basic blue" haha. This modest mouse looks like basic green. Sufjan's reissue too.

I would rather stick with my heavier black vinyl then an ugly green (personal preference) that doesn't match the artwork. If the colors were unique and matched the artwork, it'd be cooler to me.

I'm with some of the other people who have said this though, why wouldn't they make the green of the vinyl match the green of the artwork.  I would have actually been tempted then, even though I already own this album on vinyl.

Because it would have taken a lot more time and money to try to match the green as opposed to just having it pressed on the standard shade of translucent green vinyl pellets that every plant already has manufactured and ready to go and since this press is just a limited cash grab press for the sake of limitation justifying higher costs, they just went with that.