Fargo (TV show)

Super impressed with last night's premiere. It's a totally different story from Fargo, but with the same general setting and tone.

The Coens are probably my favorite film-makers, so I was a little nervous that this would come off as a straight copy/worship piece, or totally miss the point of their work, but luckily it seems like it landed a happy medium between those two.

And the cast is absolutely stacked.

Was not expecting this to be worthwhile. Checked it out last night after seeing the hugely positive reaction and I'm definitely hooked.

According to wikipedia (this is a casting spoiler, has nothing to do with the plot or anything just tagging it because some people are weird about ANY kind of spoiler)

Key and Peele show up at some point!

so I'm stoked for that.

Was not expecting this to be worthwhile. Checked it out last night after seeing the hugely positive reaction and I'm definitely hooked.

According to wikipedia (this is a casting spoiler, has nothing to do with the plot or anything just tagging it because some people are weird about ANY kind of spoiler)

Key and Peele show up at some point!

so I'm stoked for that.

yeah i'm super stoked for that, and glenn howerton (dennis from always sunny) is going to be in it also

Super impressed with last night's premiere. It's a totally different story from Fargo, but with the same general setting and tone.

The Coens are probably my favorite film-makers, so I was a little nervous that this would come off as a straight copy/worship piece, or totally miss the point of their work, but luckily it seems like it landed a happy medium between those two.

And the cast is absolutely stacked.

I love the Coen brothers and was worried about this too, but they are listed Executive Producers in the credits. Really liked the premier.

The thing that really made this episode work is that they didn't adapt the STORY of Fargo, but rather the TONE of Fargo. It's like what's happening in a different corner from Marge and Jerry. 

YES! And that indeed makes it better and a fresher take on the movie itself. But for TV. 

• 1 month later...