Online sales of RSD releases

Had anybody got a lead on an extra copy of the Mudhoney "On Top!" lp? I've missed out on every chance.

I'm happy to keep an eye out for folks -- for any Mid-Michigan residents, the Schuler Books in Lansing is still stocked with quite a bit of stuff (DCFC, Notwist, JSBX, Foals, lots of 7"s, lots pf other stuff).

Bad Paintings put up their copies of Xiu Xiu Greatest Hits.

http://badpaintings.bigcartel.com/product/xiu-xiu-best-of-compilation-bundle-deals-available

Got this in the mail today from a fellow VC'er and I think it was worth the high price tag. I've always loved Xiu Xiu but I rarely feel like sitting down and listening to a whole album. I know best-of's are generally considered lame but Xiu Xiu is like the perfect best-of band. The first LP of this set is just a killer collection of songs, and you can really hear that the tracks were remastered for vinyl.

Had anybody got a lead on an extra copy of the Mudhoney "On Top!" lp? I've missed out on every chance.

I'm happy to keep an eye out for folks -- for any Mid-Michigan residents, the Schuler Books in Lansing is still stocked with quite a bit of stuff (DCFC, Notwist, JSBX, Foals, lots of 7"s, lots pf other stuff).

Skip's Records & CD World has one copy in-stock according to its website: http://www.gotocdworld.com/

The site's a pain-in-the-ass to navigate and slow to load at times. From the home page click on new releases then scroll down until you see the Mudhoney record listed. They don't have a thumbnail of the cover on the site. Also, you have to be signed in to add items to a virtual cart. 

Skip's Records & CD World has one copy in-stock according to its website: http://www.gotocdworld.com/

The site's a pain-in-the-ass to navigate and slow to load at times. From the home page click on new releases then scroll down until you see the Mudhoney record listed. They don't have a thumbnail of the cover on the site. Also, you have to be signed in to add items to a virtual cart.

Thanks for the tip, BadGuyZero! I placed my order... no immediate response or verification, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Have you had much experience with them? Are their inventories usually pretty accurate?

Thanks for the tip, BadGuyZero! I placed my order... no immediate response or verification, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Have you had much experience with them? Are their inventories usually pretty accurate?

Ive went 3 for 4 with them over the last few years. This far out from rsd their stock should be ip to date.

http://badpaintings.bigcartel.com/product/xiu-xiu-best-of-compilation-bundle-deals-available

Got this in the mail today from a fellow VC'er and I think it was worth the high price tag. I've always loved Xiu Xiu but I rarely feel like sitting down and listening to a whole album. I know best-of's are generally considered lame but Xiu Xiu is like the perfect best-of band. The first LP of this set is just a killer collection of songs, and you can really hear that the tracks were remastered for vinyl.

Can't wait until the label wises up and actually presses this legit.

Thanks Repress. Last question, promise: what's their turnaround like? Is it the norm to not get a "we got your order!" email from them (at least not within the first hour or so)?

I think I've usually gotten a store receipt email, try emailing them, they've always seemed friendly enough.

Right on! I've been listening to this a lot this past week! Defiantly a better listen, I still can't listen to both LPs in a row but one works…He is just a lot to swallow! His albums can have a lot of garbage in-between the good stuff…so this comp is perfect!