Online sales of RSD releases

GAAAAH!!! I GOT ONE!!! Sorry I am too excited for this damn vinyl. I just need Scott Pilgrim and Ghostbusters!!

I also want to mention that I signed up for them to email when it was back in stock and got nothing. Grr..

Im so sad. I signed up for the email notification as well and got nothing. =( now they are gone.

I was looking for ghostbusters on discogs http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Ray-Parker-Jr-Ghostbusters/156521801?ev=bp_rel_det

And this is what it said on someone's post

"This is having a full release so don't buy at these prices from unscrupulous sellers."

If that's true then I'll wait for ghostbusters.

I was looking for ghostbusters on discogs http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Ray-Parker-Jr-Ghostbusters/156521801?ev=bp_rel_det

"This is having a full release so don't buy at these prices from unscrupulous sellers."

Sounds good...hope its a glow in the dark since that one I have seen on youtube can be seen miles away!

I just want to hear the dubstep version....

This will probably happen. I imagine it'll be on a different variant and probably have a higher sticker price. They should just do a clear green /2000, that'd move quickly.

This will probably happen. I imagine it'll be on a different variant and probably have a higher sticker price. They should just do a clear green /2000, that'd move quickly.

I bet they re-release it as a glow-in-the-dark 12-inch. It would give the people that want it for the music and/or GitD vinyl a chance at getting it while maintaining the collectability of the 10-inch.

I bet they re-release it as a glow-in-the-dark 12-inch. It would give the people that want it for the music and/or GitD vinyl a chance at getting it while maintaining the collectability of the 10-inch.

I highly doubt they'd cut new plates. It's more cost effective for them (and I'm referring to whoever put this out, not sure who did but I imagine making money is their priority) just to put out a different colored variant. New sized sleeves, new plates, that isn't cheap and they'd absolutely use what they already have queued up. That GITD green was/is the RSD exclusive. Hell, it could even just be a solid black 10" repress.

I highly doubt they'd cut new plates. It's more cost effective for them (and I'm referring to whoever put this out, not sure who did but I imagine making money is their priority) just to put out a different colored variant. New sized sleeves, new plates, that isn't cheap and they'd absolutely use what they already have queued up. That GITD green was/is the RSD exclusive. Hell, it could even just be a solid black 10" repress.

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pressed it at United. I swear these people melt down old shoes for the vinyl and make sure that there is at least one scratch on the vinyl before packaging it. I think RSD should list, in addition to listing how many records are pressed, WHERE it was pressed. My Soundgarden singles RSD and other recent releases (i.e., Cold War Kids) were pretty warped and marked up. 

I am tired of getting hyped for a new release only to unravel the shrink, pull out the LP, and find that ghastly "U" inscribed in a circle.  

Sorry this has turned into a crappy pressing plant rant....

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if they pressed it at United. I swear these people melt down old shoes for the vinyl and make sure that there is at least one scratch on the vinyl before packaging it. I think RSD should list, in addition to listing how many records are pressed, WHERE it was pressed. My Soundgarden singles RSD and other recent releases (i.e., Cold War Kids) were pretty warped and marked up. 

I am tired of getting hyped for a new release only to unravel the shrink, pull out the LP, and find that ghastly "U" inscribed in a circle.  

My Soundgarden was in perfect condition and sounded great, so I think that just may be chalked up to how and who it was handled by.

I've never had any problems with records pressed by United.

Im so sad. I signed up for the email notification as well and got nothing. =( now they are gone.

Someone was helping me and they said they may have gotten me one too. If both orders go through, I can sell you one of my copies, unless you got an extra Scott Pilgrim or Ghostbusters for trade ;) 

I'll let you know if you are interested.