Online sales of RSD releases

THANKS!

Whats up with the "rare item - we will try to get it for you" status?!?

It means it's probably out of stock and they won't be getting more back it (at least from my experience).

Anyone get their stuff from 1234go records yet? I've been sitting on tracking information for 2 days and hasn't even been scanned into the post office

(ordered on Sunday night)

I finally got movement on mine sometime today and I got my shipping notification on Monday or Tuesday I think.  I'm guessing they're pretty backed up from RSD.

To anybody looking for the Insomnium Candlelight Years Box, I just had my order shipped from BestBuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/candlelight-years-uk-vinyl/24795774.p?id=3172892&skuId=24795774&st=insomnium&lp=2&cp=1

It's on backorder (again) but I had mine on backorder for about a week and looks like they received some copies, doesn't hurt to try!

It means it's probably out of stock and they won't be getting more back it (at least from my experience).

I finally got movement on mine sometime today and I got my shipping notification on Monday or Tuesday I think.  I'm guessing they're pretty backed up from RSD.

THe reason I asked is because I think a couple pages back they said they got all shipment out

Fuck me

April 26, 2014 , 6:23 pm

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 

April 26, 2014 , 5:08 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

OAKLAND, CA 94609 

Speak of the devil haha

Thanks for the tip, BadGuyZero! I placed my order... no immediate response or verification, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Have you had much experience with them? Are their inventories usually pretty accurate?

I've never ordered from them before so I can't attest to how accurate their online inventory is or how prompt they are in sending stuff out. Hopefully they come through for you.

Dave's Records in Chicago has posted a list of what they still have. They'll start taking phone orders tomorrow [Monday] morning. Their list is in three parts so keep scrolling down if you don't see what you're looking for in the first part. I wish he had listed prices; his prices have always been reasonable when I've shopped there so I don't think you're going to have any sticker shock experiences. 

http://davesrecordschicago.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/what-a-difference-a-day-makes-daves-records-post-rsd-wrapup-and-remainder-list/

I highly doubt they'd cut new plates. It's more cost effective for them (and I'm referring to whoever put this out, not sure who did but I imagine making money is their priority) just to put out a different colored variant. New sized sleeves, new plates, that isn't cheap and they'd absolutely use what they already have queued up. That GITD green was/is the RSD exclusive. Hell, it could even just be a solid black 10" repress.

Non-GID vinyl and non-RSD means nobody would give a shit about it. It's hilarious that this is even a hot item and I'm a fan of both the song and the movie.

I don't know about others, but personally I was slightly disappointed with this years RSD and the items on offer. Nothing much seemed to stand out for me, in fact the only item I really wanted was the Charlotte Gainsbourg 7" version of Hey Joe. According to one ebay listing this was limited to 200.

I bought one from Discogs, as I no longer have an ebay account, then typically a few days later saw 2 copies listed on ebay as BIN's for £8 each. Either the seller entered the wrong amount or some lucky bar steward got them.

There were close to 10 of these alone at the one store I went to on RSD, so I have a hard time believing there are only 200 of these.

Dave's Records in Chicago has posted a list of what they still have. They'll start taking phone orders tomorrow [Monday] morning. Their list is in three parts so keep scrolling down if you don't see what you're looking for in the first part. I wish he had listed prices; his prices have always been reasonable when I've shopped there so I don't think you're going to have any sticker shock experiences. 

http://davesrecordschicago.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/what-a-difference-a-day-makes-daves-records-post-rsd-wrapup-and-remainder-list/

Thanks for the heads up!

Non-GID vinyl and non-RSD means nobody would give a shit about it. It's hilarious that this is even a hot item and I'm a fan of both the song and the movie.

This was the only item I saw multiple media outlets reporting on. Non-music sites, music blogs, magazines, radio stations, etc were all hyping this one item. I figured it would be this year's must have gimmick release.

I wonder how many of these have actually been played.

This was the only item I saw multiple media outlets reporting on. Non-music sites, music blogs, magazines, radio stations, etc were all hyping this one item. I figured it would be this year's must have gimmick release.

I wonder how many of these have actually been played.

I'm sure people have been just putting on the Ghostbusters OST cd to listen to while spinning the record to look at and drool all over.