Joyce Manor | Never Hungover Again | 07/22/14

This is the Title Fight show with nonstop stagediving? I got kicked in the head front stage so many times I started pulling kids out of the air as they tried to stage dive, I don't know why people have to dive in the same exact spot as someone else just did and everyone just ends up eating shit. It's some upperclass ignorant shit. Also there was a girl who kept trying to stage dive but did a little hop instead and had to "stagedive" like 8 times in a row.

Edit:

I'm the dude in the white shirt directly in the middle to the left

creepy

You wanna know what's creepy?  The fact that I'm not friends with you and for some reason when I type in "Just" the first thing that pops up is Justice J Williams.  So not really.  I think you commented on something once and I clicked on your name...and now it won't go away.

went to a small hotelier show a few months back with my then-girlfriend who got her record smashed + a concussion from some full grown bro who was the only guy that decided to dive into the crowd of ~50 people.

i'm not a fan of it but like, if you are and you 
plan on doing it, please be respectful of the safety of people in the crowd and conscious of whether or not they can actually handle you. no grown men should be jumping on teenage girls at any show anywhere.  :rolleyes: 

Someone on Facebook posted this photo of Barry stage diving... Stagedivegate continues.

10425181_842512482449509_578662807535422

That was a great show.

went to a small hotelier show a few months back with my then-girlfriend who got her record smashed + a concussion from some full grown bro who was the only guy that decided to dive into the crowd of ~50 people.

Why would she bring her record into the pit? I never understood people who bought records with them and carried them around front stage, like have em hold it at merch or put it in your car, fuck that full grown bro, but 50 people is definitely enough to dive on if you've ever seen anyone play at Chain Reaction or something

creepy

We have 1 mutual friend

Also that pic of Barry is not really applicable, that guy is a fucking twig. Must be felt like holding a giant marshmallow.

I am also a twig, that was in no way supposed to be mean, just saying he's not a 200 pound hunk of meat landing on some tiny kids

This is the Title Fight show with nonstop stagediving? I got kicked in the head front stage so many times I started pulling kids out of the air as they tried to stage dive, I don't know why people have to dive in the same exact spot as someone else just did and everyone just ends up eating shit. It's some upperclass ignorant shit. Also there was a girl who kept trying to stage dive but did a little hop instead and had to "stagedive" like 8 times in a row.

Edit:

Maybe I'm just old, but this looks like the least fun. Like Dantheriver said, I'll stay in the back and have a beer. The show sounds better from there anyway.

Edit:

This looks so cool to me

Edit:

I'm the dude in the white shirt directly in the middle to the l

This is why I'm not opposed to bands of this magnitude to play places that are a bit bigger, but also have a barrier. All that stage diving takes away from the show for the people that are actually trying to watch the band. I feel like the band members also get a bit distracted trying to dodge everyone on stage - especially if it's THIS frequent. 

I love to be up close without my view obstructed because I'm a short dude and scream the lyrics at the band, but yeah man I saw the same fuckers diving over and over again and it was a lot of fun but being kicked in the head is not. I like being able to dive myself, so I really don't like barriers for punk bands and stuff, but there's like some courtesy that needs to be learned definitely. 

We have 1 mutual friend

Who?

I got my finger broken (okay it's not as serious as sometimes it gets) at a chariot show by a stagediver, but still I can't be mad at stage-diving (well I'm much more pissed when everybody just standing still). So anyone in the stage area is aggreed to accept the fact that someone probably land on her/him, if you are not fine with that go back a few rows. it's not like anyone forced to be in the first row.

it's part of the fun, and if the band stops it, it's just lame. It's like a comedian telling you not to laught at her/his jokes because it bothers the stranger next to you. If you don't aggree with it, play only in venues with barricades.

I love to be up close without my view obstructed because I'm a short dude and scream the lyrics at the band, but yeah man I saw the same fuckers diving over and over again and it was a lot of fun but being kicked in the head is not. I like being able to dive myself, so I really don't like barriers for punk bands and stuff, but there's like some courtesy that needs to be learned definitely.

Who?

Derrick from TWIABP/BWM lol

I get his point to an extent.  More importantly, he definitely could have made his point in a less childish way.  The guy who was stage-diving was obviously someone who was pretty into Joyce Manor, and to bring a fan up on stage and humiliate him like that is obnoxious.

Here is a cat version of those Title Fight stage dives. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEzzxx2g5sM

I fucking love the internet. 

Yet I hate PoZ and other new sources because I don't really see Joyce Manor as "shaming" the stage diver. They asked him not to do that due to his size and the guy seemed to understand where they were coming from and got off stage.

*insert argument about punk being built on stage dives, mosh pits, etc.*

I don't disagree with that. I go into a show with the knowing that I might get hurt, but that's all part of the show. I know that it could be from a stage diver, someone's beer bottle, slipping on mystery liquids on the floor, getting run into, invisible ninja fighters, etc. Shit happens. If someone doesn't want to get hurt, that person should go to the back. 

It's a small price to pay for supporting your favorite artists. 

i'm too big to stage dive, but it seems the clutch thing is to go prone. so many people stage dive and then start flailing their legs trying to to even themselves out, which basically guarantees you'll kick somebody. 

i think it's lame but at the same time i accept that it'll happen by going to the show and going into the pit. sucks seeing people get hurt at shows though. a kid died like six months ago at a show in NYC webster hall from a botched stage dive bc nobody caught him. 

I get his point to an extent.  More importantly, he definitely could have made his point in a less childish way.  The guy who was stage-diving was obviously someone who was pretty into Joyce Manor, and to bring a fan up on stage and humiliate him like that is obnoxious.

Seriously. The poor guy was just in the moment. He wasn't head walking, he wasn't crowd killing. He was legitimately just trying to have fun to a band he probably really likes. To then have that band STOP PLAYING and drag you by the shirt back to the stage to publicly ridicule you for doing something that in your mind was showing support for them? Unreal. That dude was even cool about it after the fact and shook his hand and walked calmly off stage, and probably felt like shit the rest of the night for enjoying himself.

I definitely get that they want to protect their fans but god damn, that was painful to watch.