MAN ADVICE v2.0

A+

Other than that last one, you're probably right. Whatever happened to mattsteelenj?  He used to post the most misogynistic bullshit.  He made everyone look good by comparison.

He's still around just check the afi threads. And he definitely wasn't the worse, that dubious honor goes to dashfx or whatever his name was. I don't remember to well but I have an assumption that he asked for nudes from a lady vc'er. Those were dark times, man.

This board has a pretty shitty track record with respect to females. The worst had to have been with steponme.

He's still around just check the afi threads. And he definitely wasn't the worse, that dubious honor goes to dashfx or whatever his name was. I don't remember to well but I have an assumption that he asked for nudes from a lady vc'er. Those were dark times, man.

This board has a pretty shitty track record with respect to females. The worst had to have been with steponme.

Oh yeah I remember that now too.. dashhax? I think?

And to parkinglot ... I was pretty much just referring to this thread... or I guess the old man advice thread before it was locked... wasn't making reference to the topless photos in the other thread that you mentioned.

Mostly just that uber-misogynistic 'I need to get my dick wet.' type of shit.

I doubt it'll get locked for anything I said.  Both dudes mentioned were misogynistic as hell, probably for the best they stopped posting in this thread.

I was just wondering if the guy quit the site altogether, or just stopped posting here.  I guess it's the latter and not the former.

I think it sucks most that the ladies have finally really started getting vocal about things and we get shutdownA LOT.

It's always refreshing when the guys come and back us up.

Yeah I'm all for including the girls, and hopefully they feel welcome.  Vinyl, and music in general, shouldn't just be a 'boys club.'  It bugs me when people see things that way.  And on the flip side I am always super stoked to see girls into things that might have been perceived as mostly for boys.  Collecting vinyl, sure.  Or girls who play in weird bands or metal bands, or compose weird music, that always gets me super-stoked.

Y'all sound like the whiny parents who bitch about explicit content on TV instead of simply changing the channel. If you entered that thread with expectations of finding something classier than bathroom wall literature then I'd have to say that you're rather naïve.

And you're going to get this locked by shitting on a member who I don't think has even posted in this thread, even if he said some stupid things previously.

If your referring to me, nope. There's worse things this thread could get locked over, a little FYI never hurt anyone.

I hope I'm not shutting the ladies down.  But I do think it's unfair to continue to bring up things that someone on here said in the past, especially when they haven't done anything malicious since that (as far as I know).  

I'm taking Women's Studies 201 and really enjoying it.  I'm all about shutting out misogynistic douchebags, not objectifying women, and destroying the patriarchy.  And I think it's been in my nature for a long time to be like that, not just now that I can say to people, *Hey, I'm in WGS 201, so I'm not a misogynistic douche!!!*.

Y'all sound like the whiny parents who bitch about explicit content on TV instead of simply changing the channel. If you entered that thread with expectations of finding something classier than bathroom wall literature then I'd have to say that you're rather naïve.

I see where you're coming from, but for me, it only speaks to the point about not alienating 51% of the human race.  That might be the way it is but I still don't think it should be acceptable or commonplace, but I'm going to get off my soapbox now cause I don't feel like getting called out again and again on a message board.  No offence meant, and I totally get the analogy and appreciate what you related it to... don't like it, change the channel, I certainly agree with the premise in general but I still don't think it should be like 'Don't like it ladies? Well get used to it!'  That's pretty damn misogynistic.

Now I'm gonna probably step outta this thread for another few weeks months.  Probably shoulda never wandered back in in the first place. Which I guess only reinforces your point. hahaha I do agree, but I also don't, if that makes any sense.

This logic is pretty flawed, dude. No one is complaining about the fact that the thread exists or fear of what might happen if someone reads it. We're merely expressing our distaste for the content of what is being discussed inside of it. We all figuratively "change the channel" by not going in there, but that doesn't mean no one should stand up and express their opinion that there's some objectifying, mysoginnistic shit going on in there.

By your same reasoning, if someone witnessed a gay person being bullied for their life choices, someone would be seen as "bitching" by trying to stand up for that person instead of being complacent and just "changing the channel." That type of outlook is pretty fucked, IMO.

This logic is pretty flawed, dude. No one is complaining about the fact that the thread exists or fear of what might happen if someone reads it. We're merely expressing our distaste for the content of what is being discussed inside of it. We all figuratively "change the channel" by not going in there, but that doesn't mean no one should stand up and express their opinion that there's some objectifying, mysoginnistic shit going on in there.

By your same reasoning, if someone witnessed a gay person being bullied for their life choices, someone would be seen as "bitching" by trying to stand up for that person instead of being complacent and just "changing the channel." That type of outlook is pretty fucked, IMO.

More eloquently stated than I, but what you said in that 1st paragraph is pretty much how I feel.  Thanks for articulating!

Wow. Just wow.

This is a giant oxymoron. The literal point of the boob/ass thread is to expoit people (women) and strip them down to sexual objects. "Not personally" doesn't mean shit. Sexual exploitation has nothing to do with how personal it is. It's objectifying someone, plain and simple.

Yes. Yes, that's exactly it. That's the thing. The fact that you can state it but not understand it is terrifying.

Again. Willing participants. Photos are posted of women who stripped themselves down, and modeled for professional photographs that they were more than likely paid for. But we're objectifying them? No one is posting nudes from their own phones.

But it doesn't matter what point I make, because no matter what, anything a straight male says about women is PROBLEMATIC.

Any woman is welcome to jump into the desensitizer thread and discuss gnarly chode or unfortunate sex farts. Just because yall choose not to, it doesn't make it misogynistic.

Everyone has sex. Have sex with whomever you want, in whatever manner you want. And if anonymously sharing your tales is your cup of tea, then go ahead and entertain.

Props to all the ladies standing up for what's right on the last page. I personally hate the disensitizer thread, for this exact reason:

It's just unfortunate that when Wesley wrote that it reads like something he's proud of...

How is it any different than the tens of thousands of pages of discussion about an over the hill band who sings about dicks and poop?

Any woman is welcome to jump into the desensitizer thread and discuss gnarly chode or unfortunate sex farts. Just because yall choose not to, it doesn't make it misogynistic.

Everyone has sex. Have sex with whomever you want, in whatever manner you want. And if anonymously sharing your tales is your cup of tea, then go ahead and entertain.

Your idea of "just bc you all don't do it doesn't make is misogynist" is misguided. Let me spell it out for you: The fact that the select few of you DO do it makes it misogynistic. It has nothing to do with what others are or aren't doing. Your view is skewed.

Oh and you aren't problematic because you're a white straight male (your life is so tough, nobody understands you), you're problematic because you refuse to see what the opposite sex is trying to tell you about how you view them.

I just refuse to listen to the same handful of females who spew the same "MEN ARENT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT WOMEN IN WAYS I DONT LIKE" nonsense.

Especially when they feel the need to be dicks on a personal level (omgdidyouseethewayicalledyouadickandnotapussywasntthatlikesoprogressiveofme?!)

I have a history of love life issues because I'm awkward and overly sensitive, but I also know my own value and not to settle.

I would never personally share sex stories, but if the woman is being kept completely anonymous, and the male is not speaking of the sex in a manner that is degrading towards women, I don't see how it is misogynistic.  (This obviously doesn't apply for someone describing sex in a manner that is clearly objectifying women as "targets" or "taking someone down", and so on, because I've heard people say both and it's disgusting and misogynistic).  Do you have the right to be offended by someone talking about having sex?  Of course you do.  But there is a difference between misogyny and being offended by something.  If the sex was just to have a good time by both parties, then I don't see how talking about it, albeit maybe in a childish manner is misogynistic.  You could make the point that by talking about it you're objectifying the woman that you had sex with, but isn't the feminist (proper) view on sex that it's just sex.  It's not a big fucking deal.  If you want to have sex, go have sex.  Go kiss people.  Do whatever.  Be safe, but have fun.  

As Orchid so eloquently put it, "Words like 'slut' and 'whore' are inseparable from the sexist attitudes that they were born from, and serve no purpose besides shaming women out of embracing their sexuality, whatever it may be.  Never be ashamed of your passions, your desires, your fantasies.  Be safe, be honest, have fun, and make out with whomever you want".

Fair enough, I probably completely missed the point.  But I do think people need to chill out about sex.  It really isn't a big deal unless men (for the most part) want to think that it degrades a women's value by having sex with multiple partners.  And trust me, I know dudes that still think that way, while they go off looking for girls to take home at bars weekly.  And I should also add that I know I have seen some misogynistic stuff posted in the disensitizer thread, I just didn't think it was completely fair to rip on Ry, because from what I can remember (from his posts in this thread), his stories are told from a non misogynistic view.  They read as two sexual people just having some fun, while the other person in his stories remains anonymous.  Maybe if I went back and read them again I'd be wrong, but the only thing that stands out to me now is the infamous poopy comment.

And I really hope this doesn't get me labeled as a shitty, problematic sexist dude, because I really like to think I'm the farthest thing from that.

And I encourage people to respond to my comments.  I want to have a conversation, I don't want a bunch of people getting pissed and arguing with each other.  That solves nothing.