MAN ADVICE v2.0

I personally will take responsibility for derailing this conversation and talking about the Desensitizer thread. I remember curiously looking one day only to glance at a few pages leaving feeling completely dehumanized and sad for other ladies. 

But I digressed. This is the man advice thread.

Jacob, I am proud of you for actually trying to understand and looking at what you have said in the past in a different light. Seriously, that means everything to us ladies. Ultimately, we often joke about how we give up on this thread in particular because as women, we think we would have really great advice to offer to put you in a place of success. We are ladies afterall, and I think we could really offer some wisdom on fellow females or even tell you when a girl is crazy and to take a step back (both sexes have the crazies.) 

But often times, our advice gets ignored, or trumped with statements that really are quite degrading to women. So we get discouraged about even offering advice, even though we really truly think that it could be beneficial! 

There is nothing wrong with having sex, or even talking about it. I was simply saying, previously, that there were some pretty intense posts in that thread that certainly changed my views of a lot of people that post on this thread. That isn't to mean that I don't think there is opportunity for change. 

Men, there are some amazing women that contribute to these boards. Strong, lovely, beautiful women who happen to collect vinyl. And yes, we have every right to have our say about how certain things piss us off. And ultimately, you should really consider what pisses us off, because often it is the same sort of thing that will piss off the ladies in your life. Just think about it.

Very well said. Quoting the last bit for emphasis:

There is nothing wrong with having sex, or even talking about it. I was simply saying, previously, that there were some pretty intense posts in that thread that certainly changed my views of a lot of people that post on this thread. That isn't to mean that I don't think there is opportunity for change. 

Men, there are some amazing women that contribute to these boards. Strong, lovely, beautiful women who happen to collect vinyl. And yes, we have every right to have our say about how certain things piss us off. And ultimately, you should really consider what pisses us off, because often it is the same sort of thing that will piss off the ladies in your life. Just think about it.

Adding more emphasis.

After looking at these recent posts, I read everything I posted in the other thread. I know a lot of the things I said in there were pretty vivid, but honestly I posted them because they were funny stories and honestly they are ones that me and the women involved have laughed together about in retrospect (yes, I had talked with them and gotten their permission to talk about the stories before I had posted them). Just saying in case they ended up causing some of you awesome ladies to think I'm an ass. 

and for the record, I have 2 daughters, 5 and 2, and i 100 percent agree what the women have said on this thread. not that i really care to explain myself, but i was just trying to ease up the mood. but please downvote this too!

See, why didn't you open with this comment instead of a taint?

Is "female" or "females" not an appropriate term anymore?

Like Logan said, context.  If you are referring to the female gender then, no.

If you are acting like Ill Mitch and saying 'Hey, females! What's up?'  Then it comes across as objectification.

Or something like 'I don't know what's gotten into those uppity, hysterical females'  For a more condescending touch.

The use of "females" to refer to women really bothers me. That's really all I have to add because the women in this thread have said pretty much anything else I would have.

Also, there's nothing inherently misgonyst or wrong with discussing your sex life, but I've definitely seen some posts that were both of those things.

Well since Jacob is a hero, I'll go the same route. Point me to what's "wrong" and "misogynistic" with my posts. Because all I've gotten so far is one person who has an incredible way of finding fault with every letter I've typed.

If that question is directed towards me:  

I don't know, I haven't been keeping up with the thread, or reading your posts.  

I was just fielding Buzzerson's question in a general sense, is all.

I said females as a means of mixing up my vocab by not saying women again, while knowing the shit storm it would cause if I said girls.

Not for nothing, but one of you "ladies" have shamed an ex on this forum by telling us about his sexual ineptness and his emotional instability. You referred to him by name and I believe you also posted a pic. But it's all good because everyone thought the guy was "a douche".

obviously, me. Brion is the one you're referring to, who was a dick to me after my grandpa got sick and passed away. But yeah, like I said above, I'm not innocent in this and I've said my fair share of shit. Not going to re-hash that.