MAN ADVICE v2.0

How did the girl blow it by having sex with you? From what I understand it takes both parties to consent... you could've said no, not made a move, slowed things down? Not sure why she's being written off. Girlfriend got her rocks off just like every other sexually active woman wants to, she shouldn't be made to feel ashamed of that.

How did the girl blow it by having sex with you? From what I understand it takes both parties to consent... you could've said no, not made a move, slowed things down? Not sure why she's being written off. Girlfriend got her rocks off just like every other sexually active woman wants to, she shouldn't be made to feel ashamed of that.

OK, she didn't blow it by having sex with me, I realize I worded that wrong and innaccurately. There were a few other factors she and I didn't really click on things in general, it was fun time by both parties but in the end it really was just a one night stand from both our ends and that's not what I'm looking for. 

hung out with my neighbor yesterday. we listened to records. and made out. and then she bought me pizza. it was a good day.

I want this so bad haha. I hate that I have had 0 opportunities for anything like this. I'm the last of my friends who haven't done anything and I wish I was them so badly

Had to work for this one. We first met in her hallway one night, just in passing. Didn't see her again until a neighborhood party where we were both drunk out of our minds. We were flirting a whole lot, but just too gone for either of us to make sense of things.

I must have done something wrong, because after leaving my number on her door, she blew me off a couple times.. Later telling me that she got the impression I was just an asshole. That was about a half hour into our first date where she was like "wow, I had you all wrong"

Next date was going well before getting real weird. Random guy just sat down with us, and totally and inappropriately hijacked the date. Asking if it was a date. If we'd had sex yet. If we were going to. The whole thing was amusing until he crossed the line with some of that nonsense.

But even living right next door to each other and working similar ridiculous schedules, it was hard to make time.

But we both had yesterday off. Weather was phenomenal, and the invitation to go hang out on the roof was too easy. Everything just flowed from there.

The other important aspect of this:

I've been crushing real hard on a coworker. Her style is incredible, and she just has a way about her that has left me befuddled since we've met.

We, it turns out that that way about her is probably the part where she's getting rocked by the other girl at work who I assumed was just her best friend. Nope. They're just doin' it.

So as crushing as that is to come to terms with, at least I can focus.

So I am in a bit of a rut. I just started a new full time job, and I am on nights. So even when I am off, I'm sleeping during everyone else's waking hours. Makes it tough to meet someone new. Haven't even hung out with a girl since I broke up with my girlfriend back in August.

I've never been much for relationships. But I would like to start dating around. Anyone have any advice?

I've never actually walked up to a girl and asked them out. I've always known them previously, which I guess made it a bit easier. I always see cute girls, but I am a bit shy and would probably just walk up and stutter or just awkwardly stare and walk away.

Also, as a random question, is it bad to try to ask out a girl when she is working? I feel she may be a bit dismissive as she has to focus on what she is doing.

So I am in a bit of a rut. I just started a new full time job, and I am on nights. So even when I am off, I'm sleeping during everyone else's waking hours. Makes it tough to meet someone new. Haven't even hung out with a girl since I broke up with my girlfriend back in August.

I've never been much for relationships. But I would like to start dating around. Anyone have any advice?

I've never actually walked up to a girl and asked them out. I've always known them previously, which I guess made it a bit easier. I always see cute girls, but I am a bit shy and would probably just walk up and stutter or just awkwardly stare and walk away.

Also, as a random question, is it bad to try to ask out a girl when she is working? I feel she may be a bit dismissive as she has to focus on what she is doing.

Completley depends what's she doing. If she's behind a bar then yes as she's probably busy and will just asume you're drunk. However I don't see a problem with the girl behind the reception at your gym or something similar and chilled out.

Also being shy isn't always a bad thing, people can come across as cocky if they are too confident.

Talking of asking girls out whilst working....

I am useless at talking to girls I like. I get crippled by the fear of rejection and if I even ever do it, I spend far too long going over and over the conversation in my head so that I can basically ruin it before I've even started. Anyway, quite a few years back, this new bookshop opened in my city and I used to visit quite a lot and I saw this cute girl at the checkout and we started talking about the books I was buying. The next week I went in again and saw her and she said a quick "hi" with a smile so I figured I ought to at least ask her for coffee or something. Cue a few weeks of agitated worrying around the bookshop trying to work up the courage to ask her out.

Then one day I thought I ought to just go for it, so I walked over to here as she was sorting out some new stock. I figured (for better or worse) to start the conversation by asking about the stock of a specific book. "Sure", she says, "which book is it you're looking for?" At the time I was reading the Marquis de Sade's "Dialogue between a Priest and a Dying Man", so I blurted out de Sade's name without thinking. She runs it through the computer and sure enough, the de Sade bibliography appears on screen, with the author's genre.... which was "sexual fiction/erotica". "Oh," she says, "yeah... it's up on the second floor." then just ignores me and walks away.

Smooth as fuck.

I am useless at talking to girls I like. I get crippled by the fear of rejection and if I even ever do it, I spend far too long going over and over the conversation in my head so that I can basically ruin it before I've even started. Anyway, quite a few years back, this new bookshop opened in my city and I used to visit quite a lot and I saw this cute girl at the checkout and we started talking about the books I was buying. The next week I went in again and saw her and she said a quick "hi" with a smile so I figured I ought to at least ask her for coffee or something. Cue a few weeks of agitated worrying around the bookshop trying to work up the courage to ask her out.

Then one day I thought I ought to just go for it, so I walked over to here as she was sorting out some new stock. I figured (for better or worse) to start the conversation by asking about the stock of a specific book. "Sure", she says, "which book is it you're looking for?" At the time I was reading the Marquis de Sade's "Dialogue between a Priest and a Dying Man", so I blurted out de Sade's name without thinking. She runs it through the computer and sure enough, the de Sade bibliography appears on screen, with the author's genre.... which was "sexual fiction/erotica". "Oh," she says, "yeah... it's up on the second floor." then just ignores me and walks away.

Smooth as fuck.

Haha brilliant.

You could of least asked for self help book on 'how to deal with having a massive penis'. That might of worked better.

Maybe.

Smooth as fuck.

Always start with Harry Potter. Always.

• 1 month later...

ughhhh so on monday at the spur of the moment someone from tinder (who had my facebook at this point) messaged me telling me they wanted sushi and I had just eaten but I was like lets go! and she was really cool and her personality was absolutely awesome and the dinner was great...

after we went to a hipstery coffee shop and then I walked her to her car and she drove me to mine, which was next to a dominos, so we were sitting there and her ex walked into dominoes so we decided to make out in front of him and after we went back to my place and made out and watched adventure time till 2 am or so.

when she got home she said she wanted to go on an adventure with me and i was like okay!.

but now she like doesn't talk to me ( aka responds hours later and i've been real chill, i think, with my messages but maybe not cause i'm smitten) and for the first time in like a year i realize this is what it feels like to have a crush on someone and it sucks.

please help what do I do.  I just wanna get over her.

lol if you read desensitizer thread you'll see making out with girls isn't a problem for me.  I never really get crushes though, so this is a feeling I haven't felt in a very long time and I don't like it. 

I don't actually want to get over her I just don't know how to distract myself from not thinking about her like every second.  Which is crazy cause I really know so little about her!  I tell myself this is stupid but it doesn't help..

Might suck but the most likely case is that she's into another dude. Your best chance with her is to show strength. Tell her you want to take her out on a date but aren't doing this hot and cold shit. Text if she wants to. DON'T go back on your word and keep hanging on while she's giving you the cold shoulder (looks weak). At least, that's my thoughts.

lol if you read desensitizer thread you'll see making out with girls isn't a problem for me.  I never really get crushes though, so this is a feeling I haven't felt in a very long time and I don't like it. 

I don't actually want to get over her I just don't know how to distract myself from not thinking about her like every second.  Which is crazy cause I really know so little about her!  I tell myself this is stupid but it doesn't help..

i say enjoy it.  crushes are always consuming and a little bit crazy. you two together as a couple may or may not happen, but it's a fun ride regardless.

You need to start fucking. Yes, I know, I've read your posts. But seriously, the quickest way to get over someone is to start fucking. You're young---you should be having as much fun as possible. Get out there and find someone else. You have not spent enough time with this girl to be feeling this way. Fuck her, or at least fuck someone else.