MAN ADVICE v2.0

my wife and I have the total opposite taste on the music spectrum.

i used to make her mixed CDs, then we got cars with AUX ports.

i used to make her playlists but then she didnt drive as much.

she never plays music unless we're in the car.

ive never noticed how weird this is until now. tomorrow im taking her to a show promoting some local music. its going to be VERY loud.

bless her heart though, she had her little outfit picked out and laying on the couch before she left for work.

Buy the lady some earplugs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G0PPTAK/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

My ex girlfriend loves collecting records. She had a pretty decent sized collection. Definitely wouldn't spend crazy amounts on a record, but we would always go to a record store when we had nothin better to do. Never lived together, but always said that if we did, I would never combine collections. I'm more meticulous in caring for my records than she was plus wouldn't want them all mixed in. Wouldn't have minded being on the same shelf, but kept separate. Like as soon as mine end, hers would start.

Damn I miss hanging out with her. Loved going to all kinds of shows, and got her into good beer. The 3 things in life I enjoy the most, beer, shows, and vinyl

I always felt weird talking to people, especially women, in record stores.  But I guess that's a place where it's not only acceptable, but desired.

somewhat related and completely unhelpful, but this reminds me of a humorous D Generation song (She Stands There) about a dude who sees a girl in a record store buying his band's record and trying to figure out how to hit on her without sounding like a complete dick.

What sparked the realization, if I might ask?

Also, I don't share my record collection with my girlfriend because we still live in separate places but I definitely will just put all the records in the same place. Why keep them separate? Do you think you'll forget what belongs to who?

What sparked the realization, if I might ask?

Also, I don't share my record collection with my girlfriend because we still live in separate places but I definitely will just put all the records in the same place. Why keep them separate? Do you think you'll forget what belongs to who?

Haha, after the third late night message that led to bedroom activities, I kind of put the pieces together.  First time it wasn't so obvious, the second and third time it was more so.

What media (music, movies, shows, books, etc.) have been ruined by exes?

There's so many to list for me, but in particular:

Cocorosie

The Weeknd

Most British comedies

Boardwalk Empire

MST3K

And my favorite sushi restaraunt.  :(

I wonder how long it will take for these things to get better...?

It just brings back memories of cuddling up on the couch and making fun of shitty old movies with her.

Maybe one day the wounds will heal and I'll be able to laugh at Rowsdower once more.

Not being able to laugh at Rowsdower is literally the saddest breakup story I've ever heard.