PO: Ty Segall-Manipulator 2xlp

whoa

haha! best response i've seen on the board for awhile.

i mean, i've got an iphone, so I'm not totally unplugged when i leave work. kind of wish I was though. I'm actually a web developer/software engineer with no internet at home. The tech version of the mechanic with a shitty car i suppose   :D

Ty played an unannounced solo show in Chinatown in Downtown LA last night. Just him and a 12-string electric guitar. He played a handful of songs including Sleeper, a few off Manipulator, Goodbye Bread and ended with Paranoid.

how was the show?  

the new songs?

any cool things for sale with him?

Look, I realize this is a Ty thread so there's gonna be fans, but what really is grabbing you guys with this album?  I'm big on Goodbye Bread and Melted, but the new stuff is so gummed up it doesn't go anywhere.  There's still the 90's throwback but more heavy on the wall of sound than riffs, and the 70's pop rock stuff has gone from T-Rex/Mott the Hopple to Steely Dan/Hall and Oates.

Look, I realize this is a Ty thread so there's gonna be fans, but what really is grabbing you guys with this album?  I'm big on Goodbye Bread and Melted, but the new stuff is so gummed up it doesn't go anywhere.  There's still the 90's throwback but more heavy on the wall of sound than riffs, and the 70's pop rock stuff has gone from T-Rex/Mott the Hopple to Steely Dan/Hall and Oates.

I'd say my top 3 is Self Titled, Goodbye Bread then Twins 

This album reminds me of a complete Twins/Goodbye Bread hybrid but heavy Goodbye Bread.

I really dig the contrasts from heavy to light songs. It's got a great feel good vibe for me the same way Ty Segall & White Fence album hit home. Idk I guess I like the 70s pop rock stuff