Jimmy Eat World Vinyl Reissues - Static Prevails, Clarity and Futures

This discussion prompted me to listen to Clarity on the run I just finished. I wouldn't call it any more "samey" than Bleed American or Futures in that it is a well thought out, cohesive track list with all the songs being by the same band and written in the same time period. Also, I forgot how much I love Lucky Denver Mint.

This discussion prompted me to listen to Clarity on the run I just finished. I wouldn't call it any more "samey" than Bleed American or Futures in that it is a well thought out, cohesive track list with all the songs being by the same band and written in the same time period. Also, I forgot how much I love Lucky Denver Mint.

I'm gonna give it another go in about an hour. I've gotta finish an assignment...

I'm gonna give it another go in about an hour. I've gotta finish an assignment...

I hope it sticks for you this time, but the beautiful thing about music is that it speaks to different people in different ways. Don't feel any pressure to like the album if it's not clicking for you. There's this core of early 2000s albums that the musical elite like to pretend define good taste in music. At the end of the day listen to what makes you happy.

I hope it sticks for you this time, but the beautiful thing about music is that it speaks to different people in different ways. Don't feel any pressure to like the album if it's not clicking for you. There's this core of early 2000s albums that the musical elite like to pretend define good taste in music. At the end of the day listen to what makes you happy.

there is? early 2000's? I was unaware of this...you can say that about any part of any decade really. plus I really doubt anyone who considers themselves "musical elite" is listening to a jimmy eat world record to begin with.

Just about finished listening to it again. More tracks stood out this time, but the stuff I didn't like was still there.

Question to those who used to/still listen to this often: Do you play "Goodbye Sky Harbor" all the way through? I'm someone who'll even sit through "Pree-Sisters Swallowing a Donkey's Eye" from On Avery Island, but I wanted to hear your opinion on this one.

Just about finished listening to it again. More tracks stood out this time, but the stuff I didn't like was still there.

Question to those who used to/still listen to this often: Do you play "Goodbye Sky Harbor" all the way through? I'm someone who'll even sit through "Pree-Sisters Swallowing a Donkey's Eye" from On Avery Island, but I wanted to hear your opinion on this one.

I play the whole record all the way through.

Question to those who used to/still listen to this often: Do you play "Goodbye Sky Harbor" all the way through? I'm someone who'll even sit through "Pree-Sisters Swallowing a Donkey's Eye" from On Avery Island, but I wanted to hear your opinion on this one.

Goodbye Sky Harbor is one of my favorite JEW songs. It's brilliant how the song slowly builds and changes. 

rambo reminded me that i took a video of them playing gsh as well. this is the slightly longer 8 minute version.

this was at the hmv forum over in london in 2011 when they played clarity & bleed american from front to back. they played 3 sets that night, it was amazing.

Fuuuuuck. Why was I not at this gig!? Urgh...