PO: Sun Kil Moon "Benji" (7/29)

I'd say those that missed out need not worry! They did it a little opposite than Perils where everyone thought that was it after CV then pops up the readily available blacks copies. With 3 colors of this scoring one won't be hard if you're diligent!!

I would strongly suggest if you have a good relationship with a local store have them order you one ASAP!

So I messaged LUNAmusic via Discogs. In case anybody was wondering... this is what they had to say...

Me: I was curious, seeing as though Caldo Verde put up a 'Blue vinyl' 2xLP option for Benji today.. Does this differ from the copies you guys are selling?

LUNA: No, they are the same. They are also already sold out on Caldo Verde.

Me: "Limited to 100 copies on blue vinyl. In a gatefold sleeve with lyric sheet." <-- Is this misinformation?

LUNA: No, the release was limited to 100 copies.

I guess we'll let Vinyl Films prove them wrong because we all saw roughly 300~ copies for sale via Caldo Verde :P

So I messaged LUNAmusic via Discogs. In case anybody was wondering... this is what they had to say...

Me: I was curious, seeing as though Caldo Verde put up a 'Blue vinyl' 2xLP option for Benji today.. Does this differ from the copies you guys are selling?

LUNA: No, they are the same. They are also already sold out on Caldo Verde.

Me: "Limited to 100 copies on blue vinyl. In a gatefold sleeve with lyric sheet." <-- Is this misinformation?

LUNA: No, the release was limited to 100 copies.

I guess we'll let Vinyl Films prove them wrong because we all saw roughly 300~ copies for sale via Caldo Verde :P

whats the point of this exchange?

I'm guessing that Luna thought they had the exclusive, and now are a bit embarrassed that they had said so. Because you are not the first to ask them, but you are the first to get an actual response... and if they cared to look, they would realize that there were 300+ out there, perhaps even take it off their homepage :)

i will admit im surprised.  i had heard of MK giving Luna exclusive pressings before (perhaps that is where all the marbled promos end up) and i certainly did not expect to see the blue pop up on CV.  happy, but surprised.  i do often wonder where the ~300 "promo" versions of each SKM release end up since they never come up for sale, for the most part

I was just a bit bummed to have Luna charging $40 (a $15 premium above MSRP) on a limited pressing of 100 (understandable), only to have Caldo Verde offer the exact same record for $25 and throwing in a free CD to boot. While I'm happy I secured a copy, I'm a bit turned off on how it went down. Why Caldo Verde and Vinyl Films can't just give the fans a good idea of what to expect, rather than the mad dash & easter egg hunt it has become... 

bullmoose update just said they expect to have some yellow and if your order number is 29846 or lower you are very likely to get a yellow.  everyone who ordered black should get one.

they also mentioned the blue perils...they say limited to 400.  i wonder if this could be the mythical promo version?  i kept my order on there just in case