PO: Sun Kil Moon "Benji" (7/29)

I feel like Vinyl Films is VERY good about updating pressing information. If this had been repressed, I think it'd be listed on their site. It's definitely possible though!

I also think that if they repressed it they would have gone with a different color since they have always done a good job at mixing things up color wise.

When is Caldo shipping Benji again? Too lazy to look it up.

I hope it's soon.  Blue is going to be my personal copy.  I've been trying REALLY hard not to open up my yellow or black (I'm going to try and help out some board members and would rather give them new copies as opposed to ones that I listened to a few times because I couldn't wait).

Edit : Caldo has August 19th as the release date.  Hopefully they ship before then.

My Black showed up and not my yellow, but the yellow shipping notice was 2 days earlier! (why I made to separate orders is beyond me. Well, probably wanted to cover my ass best I could, and thought a day letter might as well put one in for black) Needless to say I am trying so hard to resist listening to the black as will be selling to a VC-er....

Can't believe there were 2700 of these just pressed and people are paying what they are on ebay. If you are patient and smart you will get one.

I got both Benji and a blue Perils for retail price without any issue whatsoever. The internet hype machine bullshit is easy to get sucked into.

from Norman:

Hi there Stefan

good news and bad news I'm afraid re Sun Kil Moon's Benji.

The bad news is the distributor got their order cut back and so did we and unfortunately you weren't one of the lucky few to get one!

The good news is there is going to be a coloured vinyl repress due August 21st (ish) so if we don't hear otherwise from you then we'll supply you one of those when they land!

Cheers
Phil

from Norman:

Hi there Stefan

good news and bad news I'm afraid re Sun Kil Moon's Benji.

The bad news is the distributor got their order cut back and so did we and unfortunately you weren't one of the lucky few to get one!

The good news is there is going to be a coloured vinyl repress due August 21st (ish) so if we don't hear otherwise from you then we'll supply you one of those when they land!

Cheers
Phil

Did you send them a msg asking the status of your order?

http://www.theuncool.com/2014/07/22/sun-kil-moon-more-benji-vinyl-soon/

"So we are pleased to announce that CIMS/Think Indie will be releasing separate Clear and Yellow LP variations and they should be in record stores by the end of July."

I assume they mean "Clear and Red" since the pressing info lists the 2nd run as 1900 clear and 700 red.

I have a yellow Benji, a blue one coming, a black Perils, and an extra black April, someone work out a deal with me for a Ghosts!