PO: Sun Kil Moon "Benji" (7/29)

http://www.theuncool.com/2014/07/22/sun-kil-moon-more-benji-vinyl-soon/

"So we are pleased to announce that CIMS/Think Indie will be releasing separate Clear and Yellow LP variations and they should be in record stores by the end of July."

I assume they mean "Clear and Red" since the pressing info lists the 2nd run as 1900 clear and 700 red.

I have a yellow Benji, a blue one coming, a black Perils, and an extra black April, someone work out a deal with me for a Ghosts!

after reading this and thinking about the day and realizing that my local store got yellow and black copies in yesterday (i.e. the end of july).  im wondering if this is a mixup on their part.  they are clearly referring to the black and yellow that hit stores this week, right?  no way they got a second press finished that quickly.  id have to think it will be months before we see red/clear

http://www.theuncool.com/2014/07/22/sun-kil-moon-more-benji-vinyl-soon/

"So we are pleased to announce that CIMS/Think Indie will be releasing separate Clear and Yellow LP variations and they should be in record stores by the end of July."

I assume they mean "Clear and Red" since the pressing info lists the 2nd run as 1900 clear and 700 red.

I have a yellow Benji, a blue one coming, a black Perils, and an extra black April, someone work out a deal with me for a Ghosts!

ill buy your black april and then you can put that money towards a copy of  ghosts

Guest deleted

Feel like I've ordered this record umpteen times and it always get back ordered/sold out but FINALLY secured a yellow copy of this!! Happy. :)

I got my yellow copy today from Rought Trade. Is anyone else experiencing a sidewards sliding pick up (don´t know how to describe it in english)on side a? It looks like what happens when the hole is not centered properly, but since it´s much better on side b i think maybe the groove on side a is not pressed well. Tried it on 2 players with the same result.

I got my yellow copy today from Rought Trade. Is anyone else experiencing a sidewards sliding pick up (don´t know how to describe it in english)on side a? It looks like what happens when the hole is not centered properly, but since it´s much better on side b i think maybe the groove on side a is not pressed well. Tried it on 2 players with the same result.

I have had this happen with other records (haven't rec'd my copy yet)

The only thing i can suggest (other than returning for a replacement) is to make the centre hole slightly bigger in the direction of the wobble with a round file. It won't take much, not more than a millimetre. Then when you put the record onto that side make sure you skew the spindle to that side of the centre hole.

I have a couple old records from thrift stores i have done this with.

I think the problem is in the manufacturing. The press plate for that side must have been slightly skewed.... who knows how many they pressed with it like that before they noticed it and fixed it (if at all).

Thanks for your suggestion, i just fear that it might get worse on side B if i do this. If i´m the only one with this problem i might just get me another copy. I even can hear a slight alteration in the tone, but maybe it´s just because i can see it. So if you are like me, maybe don´t look at your player when side a is running :)