Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

quote name="mellowtooth" post="2360577" timestamp="1438373544"]

Yeah, I've heard some mixed things about them live. I guess when they're good they're great, but when they're bad it's horrendous.

Anyone have any first hand experiences from the tour? Has it started yet?

Like I said, I saw them twice on Psychocandy

Once at Austin Psych Fest and a few days later in Denver. I saw them 2 times on the first reunion tour 9 or 10 years ago

In my opinion, they are the same band. I feel like they are just consistent. If you are looking for energy or them to seem like they are even interested, its the wrong band. They have never been like that. If you want a wall of sound and JAMC songs, thats what you will get

OK. Listened to lovesliescrushing last night after asking, on Spotify. Honestly...I wasn't very impressed. To me, they sounded formulaic and derivative. BUT...I was pretty shitfaced last night listening to music sooooooo...I could be way off base.

I wasn't a fan either, you're not alone.

quote name="drds89" post="2360879" timestamp="1438402572"]I've heard a couple of other folks say the same thing-- did they do mostly their latest release, or did they include a good portion from their first?

50/50

I enjoy their first much more than the 2nd

I believe the whole album is streaming on YouTube, that's where I heard it.

All 20 tracks, there is some traditional shoegazing early on, but overall the experimental nature is what sets it apart I think. I can see how that would not be everyone's cuppa. "Experimental" is either hot or cold for me, and I happen like what they are doing on this one. Still backing :)

I'm going to have to dip into the kids 529 plans :/

Mathy shoegaze is spot on description for the pinkshinyultrast 6 min track...with angelic, ethereal voices. So upbeat, 'positive' sounds, kind of like Vasudeva's mood.  Kinda wish they would just wait until they have enough material for an LP.  I don't mind 10's, but the UK shipping is killing me with this shoegaze crack habit.