Tony Stewart Hits and Kills Driver

Wasn't sure where to put this but did anyone hear about this last night? Tony Stewart and another driver get tangled and the other driver slams into the wall. The driver proceeds to walk out on the track and Stewart hits him. Sadly the driver died on the way to hospital.

Here's the video: (Warning Graphic)

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Everyone is trying to put all blame on the guy that got hit. Where it was partly his fault for getting out of his car and approaching Stewart, all reports are saying when he did that Stewart hit the throttle and turned the back of the car into him and some are saying he couldn't see him. Yet the car in front if him swerved and avoided him.

As for turning the back if the car into him, All those excuse makers are using "cause that's what happens when you throttle a sprint car". Which is true and Stewart knows that. I'm not saying he tried to hit him but he did try either put a scare in him or kick some dirt at him. Either way both are at fault and sadly someone is dead cause cooler heads couldn't prevail.

Everyone is trying to put all blame on the guy that got hit. Where it was partly his fault for getting out of his car and approaching Stewart, all reports are saying when he did that Stewart hit the throttle and turned the back of the car into him and some are saying he couldn't see him. Yet the car in front if him swerved and avoided him.

As for turning the back if the car into him, All those excuse makers are using "cause that's what happens when you throttle a sprint car". Which is true and Stewart knows that. I'm not saying he tried to hit him but he did try either put a scare in him or kick some dirt at him. Either way both are at fault and sadly someone is dead cause cooler heads couldn't prevail.

This.  They were in a caution and he revved up in the exact spot where he slammed Ward into the wall (the reason for the caution).  Sounds like a bout of uncontrollable anger on Stewart's fault.  Dude's a professional driver.  I have a hard time believing he didn't know what he was doing.

Just my two cents after watching this a few times, but it doesn't look intentional. you can see how the car fishtails away from the driver and not into him and if you listen, Tony's car revs up (and fishtails away) not before, but after the collision. 

I think Tony saw him at the last possible second and tried to swerve but couldnt do it in time.

Seems kinda intentional to me. Not to kill but definitely to scare or bully. Stewart should be held accountable. It would have been different if another car would have hit him. Seems kinda suspicious that Stewart runs him into the wall then laps around and runs him over?

I can't believe that anyone who races cars for a living and KNOWS how dangerous they are would intentionally KILL somebody with one. That's just too much to wrap my head around.

Why would Tony do it intentionally? He hit Kyle into the wall, not the other way around so he has no reason to be upset and "get revenge" or anything.

As the police have said, it was a poorly lit track, he was in all black and Tony had a car in front of him so he didnt see him til it was too late.

As far as the revving of the car, he could have easily down shifted and the RPM's would go up.

He's known for his temper problem, too, though.

He used to be known for his temper problems, I'm sure he's not the most calm and collected guy but it's been a while since anything newsworthy has happened involving his temper. I am a huge nascar fan, and after watching the video several times, I don't think he did it on purpose. And there's also no way to prove the revved engine sound is coming from tony's car. The crash wasn't even Tony's fault, so I don't know why he would have been mad enough to even try to throw dirt or scare the other guy. This was at a track Tony doesn't race at every week, like the other guy does. The other guy swerved and missed the victim, but he was walking towards tony's car, in a black firesuit on a dark track. I would place maybe 5% of the blame on Tony, but maybe not even that much. Sprint cars have direct drive motors that you have to push off to start, that's why he didn't completely stop or slow way down, it's just something that those cars don't do very well. They are basically engines with wheels.

The video isn't so bad - apart from the fact that it killed the poor guy. I'm a little desensitized by all the videos I've seen.

Anyway..

I wouldn't go and blame Stewart though.

I would've stayed in the car.

Not gone out onto the racetrack and tried to stop Stewart.

Which ultimately got him killed.

I don't know a whole lot on racing and not a lot about cars, but it says that when the cars accelerate, they kind of slide a bit.

This happened in the video, but it happened as soon as he was hit. So I'm not entirely sure he gunned it to hit him. That seems a little off to me, in claiming that he was heading towards the guy.

Then again, this guy almost got hit, right before he got hit, so I'm not too astonished.

In an entirely innocuous way.

RIP to the guy.

and some are saying he couldn't see him. Yet the car in front if him swerved and avoided him.

he might not have been able to see him because there was a car in front of him... sprint cars don't have spotters, do they?  if not, how was stewart supposed to know that there was a guy standing in the middle of the track?  I mean, seriously, if someone racing on dirt has to swerve to avoid hitting you, you're probably somewhere you shouldn't be

in any case, it's a bad situation.  I realize this didn't happen during a "sprint cup" race, but nascar should ban the whole "get out of your car and point angrily at the guy who wrecked you" thing.  people see videos of tony stewart throwing his helmet at kenseth and think that's cool, and then something like this happens on a dirt track.