PO NOW: Gates - Bloom & Breathe OUT 10/21

So I got my copy yesterday and the variant looks great, the album is incredible but I'm pissed/very disappointed just not sure if it's with MerchNow or the USPS. The mailer doesn't look damaged but the contents were. Outside cover sleeve bent, jacket bent, inner sleeves folded/mashed into the jacket and vinyl bent, warped.

At the beginning of each side a few loud popping area's from the vertical travel of the needle. Side B track one is stuck right at the beginning of the track and then again about 30 sec in, Side C the same (won't begin playing if I put the needle down at the beginning, I've got to jump about 15-20 sec into the track). 

IMG_2547.JPGIMG_2546.JPG

edit: I've got proper labels and #173

My letter pressed showed up in fine condition, no limited edition fingerprinting or bending. I am noticing some noise, especially at the beginning of side A, that I can only describe as listening to the ocean in a seashell. It's not that loud, but it just seems like an inferior pressing. Once the music starts it blends in.

I'm starting to feel more and more that I need to just get black vinyl pressings, though it is very difficult with all the purty colors coming out these days.  Black = the new haze splatter half and half.

I was reluctant on this album since I never could get into their last one, but holy shit this is good.

Need to grab a copy of this sometime soon.

Yeah, this really is some next level stuff. I was a casual fan before but had high expectations for this album for one reason or another; it definitely rules.

So I got my copy yesterday and the variant looks great, the album is incredible but I'm pissed/very disappointed just not sure if it's with MerchNow or the USPS. The mailer doesn't look damaged but the contents were. Outside cover sleeve bent, jacket bent, inner sleeves folded/mashed into the jacket and vinyl bent, warped.

At the beginning of each side a few loud popping area's from the vertical travel of the needle. Side B track one is stuck right at the beginning of the track and then again about 30 sec in, Side C the same (won't begin playing if I put the needle down at the beginning, I've got to jump about 15-20 sec into the track).

IMG_2547.JPGIMG_2546.JPG

edit: I've got proper labels and #173

Spitting image of mine. Thought they were mine.

I got #175.

I'd bet my money on USPS' fuck up.

I've ordered multiple times from MerchNow (including this) and they've arrived in perfect condition.

Very tiny dinged corners, but that's normal.

I've been ordering stuff from them for probably the better part of a decade, and while the packaging is (usually) always great, sometimes the product itself is messed up.

I had a box (a double mailer at that) arrive in perfect shape a few months back, but the records had pretty significant corner damage. It seemed like maybe a warehouse employee dropped the records while packaging them or something.

Can we talk about how insanely good "At Last the Loneliest of Them" is? If that was a Thrice song, it would probably be top 5 of theirs. My Lord.

I really do feel like this is an Artist In the Ambulance/Vheissu/Pneuma/Waves mashup with Gates own special seasoning sprinkled in.

It's a delicious recipe.

Can we talk about how insanely good "At Last the Loneliest of Them" is? If that was a Thrice song, it would probably be top 5 of theirs. My Lord.

I really do feel like this is an Artist In the Ambulance/Vheissu/Pneuma/Waves mashup with Gates own special seasoning sprinkled in.

That track and "Not My Blood" are my favorites, for sure. So damn good!

And that is a pretty spot-on assessment of this album. There are times when I hear a little bit of Mineral, Penfold or The December Drive (that OG emo sound!), too.

I've been ordering stuff from them for probably the better part of a decade, and while the packaging is (usually) always great, sometimes the product itself is messed up.

I had a box (a double mailer at that) arrive in perfect shape a few months back, but the records had pretty significant corner damage. It seemed like maybe a warehouse employee dropped the records while packaging them or something.

Well, that sucks.

I havent had much bad luck with them, luckily.

*knocks on wood*

that's a perfect description. thrice vibe really comes through w/ headphones on.