Your Favorite Bands That Have Disbanded/Hiatus

I was supposed to make it on a road trip to San Fran for Comadre's last show, but my friend made us leave late and we were 2 hours late to the show and couldn't make it. Forever kicking myself for never seeing them.

Oh man,that's rough. I discovered them just a few months ago, so I'm forever bummed to never have had the chance to see them.

Well A Loss For Words, my favorite band, just announced they're breaking up at the end of 2015. I'll be so sad when that day comes, but I'll be at their last show in Boston for sure.

what?!?!? My favorite pop punk band! That sucks! Hopefully they have a lot of tours scheduled and maybe a new album before they head out

Absolutely.  No albums since 2006, I hope we hear something new soon.

I know on one of his live albums, I dont remember which, he said something to the tune of only being able to write when he is depressed and in a bad place, so I guess on the one hand I am happy for him since he doesnt seem to be writing songs, but on the other hand his stuff is incredible and I want to hear more.

It would be cool to have a one day fest of like 8 local bands that broke up play. Maybe make a comp of like one new song from each band. My favorites were

Knockout

June

504 plan

Much the same

The hush sound

The academy is

The audition

Yeah that would be a fun show. With fall out boy playing an unannounced set.

Big Kids

Beep Beep

Name Taken

Q And Not U

The Plot To Blow Up The Eiffel Tower

Undermined

The Warriors

Neva Dinova (Jake Bellows solo stuff is cool, but I miss the full band stuff), Audio Karate (Indian School was great, but goddamn AK is un-fuckable-with), Armchair Martian (Drag The River is a little too country at times. Still really good, but I have to be in the mood for it)

• 2 weeks later...