PO: Two new Mono LPs - The Last Dawn & Rays of Darkness

Indeed. Bummed I missed out as well. TRL hinted at possibly getting a few extra so here's to hoping for that. Only chance to get one seems to from a dude(tte) on ebay asking a whopping 90$ for it.

Both albums have leaked by now and am listening to it as I type. Initial response is, this is one gorgeous release. I am sure you will all be pleased and then some.

Initial response is, this is one gorgeous release.

Bingo.  I'm happy with the way it turned out; it's very much more of the same Mono, and that's going to be polarizing for a lot of the fans.  I enjoy it because it feels like a return to their earlier, guitar-prominent material.  Strings and piano are still implemented, but they're not nearly as sweeping or cinematic as they were on For My Parents.

I will say, though, that Rays Of Darkness isn't nearly as heavy or dark as the reviews and hype made it out to be.  I believe the final track maintains a nice level of noise, but outside of that... definitely nowhere near the levels of heaviness you'd find in a lot of post-metal.  But it's still the heaviest thing Mono has ever done, and I respect them for pushing their boundaries.