Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

My name is Ross and I run Enjoy The Ride Records.

I am 29, from long island Ny. I have a wide variety of musical tastes which can be seen from my tradelist (which is outdated) & my instagram account which I often post my collection and upcoming ETR releases

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/EnjoyTheRide

http://instagram.com/enjoytheriderecords

I also enjoy wrestling , basketball & video games on occasion

This seemed like a fun thing to do so really just looking to get exposed to some new music & cool people in the process.

Not sure what else to say here.....thanks for reading 

Yo, shit. I thought I had posted this already, but I have not. Sorry for the delay, Santa!

I'm Alex, from Tacoma-Seattle. I'll be 18 in January. I like records, playing the guitar, and marathon watching TV shows that I probably should have watched from the beginning.

I like to say that my taste in music is varied, but it's probably not by most of your standards. I like a lot of 80s and 90s punk rock - favorites include NOFX, Propagandhi (specifically their first two albums), Guttermouth, Descendents, Operation Ivy, the first Suicidal Tendencies album, and some more "hardcore" shit like Black Flag, Minor Threat, Youth of Today, etc. I love punk compilations, but I don't have very many - one of the first punk records I bought was the Super Seven Sampler from Mystic Records, and it's still one of my favorites. Any band that's been on Mystic Records, I'll probably like; I dig Scared Straight (Ten Foot Pole), Agression, RKL, Ill Repute, Instigators, etc., and of course NOFX. (I also like blink-182, but this is something I would only admit to you guys since I'll never see your faces.) I would love to have some Punk-O-Ramas, but I'm not sure how many of them are actually available on vinyl. I like Bad Religion through No Control - after that I can't get into it. I kind of like OSTs - I wanted to get one of those strawberry swirl copies of Shaun of the Dead but I missed out like a dumbass.

I found a band on bandcamp that I was really into called Shitty Weekend - I'd love to have a copy of their LP Shit Week. I also listen to Spiderland by Slint like, all day, every day (doesn't everybody here?).

Other than records: I'm not much of a gamer, but I do play guitar. I don't really know what you can get a guitar player ... I guess I do need to restring my six-string and twelve-string. I use Martin Acoustic SP strings, standard gauge. 

I love to read Stephen King. In fact, I've been meaning to read through the Dark Tower series of books again, but I can't find mine anywhere.

Merry Christmas!

Edit: My trade list is very complete if you want to take a look for reference, but the want list is not.

I'm simply AJ! As requested, I will post a few tidbits.

Simply, my updated tradelist (see below) is great evidence to what I enjoy, as my taste is all over the place.

Dad, educator, husband, hot rods, jukeboxes, beer, whiskey, etc,

Lately, my listening has been fairly nostalgic, picking up items from my teenage and college years. I don't generally have a want list, as buy what I see or like. Some of my favorite bands: Rx Bandits, Less Than Jake, Suicide Machines, Against Me, Tim Barry, Limbeck, (along those lines of punk, ska, folk). I also collect rare 60's garage stuff, but no Beatles (preference)

Potential Wants: Against Me (New Wave), Weezer (Blue, Pinkerton), Beck (Odelay), Mixtapes (items I don't have), Bayside (Live), Big D ( Steady & Stroll), Lucero, Less Than Jake, Mariachi El Bronx (First), etc. Most of these not overally cheap, but gives an idea.

Asian Man records and No Idea I primarily purchase from, along with my local shops, or bands that roll through. Yup, that's it. I look forward to meeting my Secret Santa...who doesn't like surprises! Thanks.

Hey there SS, my name is NoAlarmPlanet!

If there is any one who gets me who gets stuck at all I love the following: Bioshock, Scott Pilgrim, Batman Comics, Shoegaze Music, The Simpsons, Zelda, and Stuff from the 1960's (Mid-century stuff) beer and whiskey and anything with sea salt caramel in it. My favorite film is Ghost world and my favorite TV series is Six Feet Under. I also collect Funko Pop figures and it's become very addicting. 

I work in IT and am going for a masters in it since I got my BA in film writing. I write in my spare time (noalarmplanet.com) and podcast. 

Some favorite bands: Death Cab For Cutie, Frightened Rabbit, Anamanaguchi, David Bowie, Circa, Dead Mans Bones, Nirvana, Nothing, Whirr, Ringo DeathStarr, The Beatles, JEW, The Knife, The Smiths. 

I think VC is one of the coolest internet related things I've ever been a part of. I've made some cool friends on here and even got to visit one of them (Isavedlatin). 

how's everything coming along people? kinda excited to see what people get. last year was phenomenal to see someone get a ipad. that was pretty nuts. i love checking out what people got. well that and holiday facebook posts so i can live vicariously through them. stuff like that makes me happy for some reason. 

Bought a few things, planning to make some others. I remembered that we have to make a mix CD so I've been pretty excited about working on that too. I just really hope that the couple of things I have bought off their want list, they don't happen to receive as a gift from family/a friend or buy for themselves between now and Christmas!

So turns out I have a bunch of things that would be much better appreciated by my person. I think/hope they're going to be really stoked on what they get. I'm no artist so there won't be much cool creative stuff, but I'm excited for this. I wanted to think of something silly to send, but I'm drawing a blank.