Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

Here's a little about what I'm into.

Music: Been trying to get into a lot more chill instrumental/ambient stuff lately. Would love anything by Stars of the Lid/Dustin O'Halloran/Nils Frahm/Erased Tapes/Kranky Records/stuff similar to GYBE or TSMZ. I'll try to update my tradelist soon with everything I've got lately. It's a little dated. Also any Mogwai besides full-lengths.

Favorite authors: Murakami (have most of his books already), Bukowski (missing a ton), Danielewski (have all), David Mitchell (have all), post-modern lit in general just to give you an idea

Films: Art-house, indie, Criterion releases, favorite directors but I have most of their stuff (Christopher Nolan, Richard Linklater, Wes Anderson, Terrence Malick, Kurosawa), French new wave, Japanese noir (http://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/93879-batmanofbaylor)

TV shows: Game of Thrones, Lost, Twin Peaks, Battlestar Galactica, True Detective

Video games: Mass Effect, Destiny, Halo, Uncharted

College football: Baylor Bears & Oklahoma Sooners

Nerdy science stuff: I'm a chemist by trade, so anything cool/nerdy

I've got two cats and of course I love anything Batman related (really love Batman The Animated Series/Bruce Timm style as well as Frank Miller's TDKR)

I buy entirely too much shit, so I'm probably hard to shop for... Hope this helps. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks!!

I'm Grant. I'm 30 and married. Just moved to Atlanta. I am almost an architect.

I love Rocky Votolato, The National, Starfucker, and some other stuff. 

I like to run.

I like beer and whiskey.

I like the Braves - even though I fall into a depression every Fall because of them.

I have a basset hound. 

This is him, pretending to be asleep:

fea28fecabce11e3907b120efa10692b_8.jpg

Looks a lot like my basset hound. Looking for another one. Mines about to be four so figured it's a good time for a pup

This is really cool, getting to know everyone more. Weird trying to write one though.

So, uh--I'm dakota. Twenty-two years old. The main thing in my personal life is my sibling relationship with my sister and my romantic relationship of the last six years. Which I mention because love, sentimentality, devotion; all that is really important to me and focal in my life. My baby sister was born four and a half months premature has cerebral palsy and physical disabilities. she's fourteen next month though and since she was nine I've held more of a paternal role in her life rather than sibling. I guess its not relevant but I never get to mention her on here! lol. I'm a sentinental sapp. I have a fixation on nostalgia. Anything that reminds me of being much younger means a lot to me (old video games, 90's cartoons/90's anime, etc.) All I do in my free time is listen to music, look for new music and blab about music on the internet (obviously haha). Recently started a cassette based label. Trying hard to slowly grow my record and cassette collection. Hmm.. yep that's pretty much Dakota in a nutshell!

Edit because I forgot to mention things I love. So the following is a list of things I love.

The Japanese metal band DIR EN GREY (especially their 2007-present catalogue), the show LOST (which is the bible), the video game series Metal Gear Solid, Conor Oberst's musical endeavours, Elliott Smith's albums, tons of more modern musicians (Alex G, elvis depressedly, teen suicide/ricky eat acid, chelsea wolfe, parquet courts, iceage, christopher owens, krill.. maybe my last.fm would be more useful. last.fm.com/users/dkta27 ) I love visual art, namely illustration and paints (though I'm lackluster myself.) I love so many more things, man.. I LOVE LOVE. I am nothing but love. And sadness. And stuff.

HI I'M SO SORRY THIS TURNED OUT SO LONG, BUT THE MORE INFO THE BETTER, I'M SORRY AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU'RE DOING FOR ME SECRET SANTA

Hello it is me Eric, the coolest loser you'll never meet.

But in all seriousness I'm just some 17 year old art blogger from texas, who makes art and wants to be director, and a musician. I'm a senior in high school who's a feminist and a vegetarian.

My current collection can be found: Here

My Wishlist can be found: Here

Last.fm: Here

Amazon Wishlist: Here

Music:

Music wise I enjoy many many genres and artist, but I'll give specifics. I really enjoy the record label Orchid Tapes and as reflected in my wishlist I would be more than thrilled if you got me some records from that label that I don't already own. With that being said I love this whole bedroom music thing that's been created within the past couple of years, I'm really into artists like Frankie Comos, Julia Brown, Ricky Eat Acid, Flatsound, Teen Suicide and more. Other than bedroom music, I'm really into artists that fall under the "indie" umbrella, with some of my favorite artists in that category being  MMOTHS, Animal Collective, The Postal Service, The Radio Dept, Pity Sex, Bombay Bicycle Club, and Lydia to name a few. When it comes to Specific genres in the "indie" bracket I like Shoegaze, Dream Pop, Chillwave (for lack of a better term), Experimental, and Synthpop. But excluding indie music I love Post hardcore, Emo. I just really like Hazy, somber, digital and emotional music.

For a greater Idea of my taste checkout my last.fm

*On a side note: artists that have a personal connection with me as in I love the people attached to the music (and not just the music they create) for personal reasons would be Joy Division/New Order and Lorde and I would be more than grateful for singed objects, or just posters, or random things relating to them (ps I already own the Unknown Pleasures T-shirt)

Film/Television: As and aspiring director, I have a great love for film and television, some of my favorite films are Palo Alto, Lost in Translation, Anti-Christ, Kids, Somewhere, Battle Royale, Funny Games (2007), Blue is the Warmest Color, The Shining, The Dreamers, La Belle Personne, and Moonrise Kingdom. I really love the directors Spike Jonze, Sofia Coppola and of course Stanley Kubrick. I love the shows The Simpsons, Orange is the New Black, Arrested Development, and American Horror story. Anime wise, I really really love Sailor Moon and Studio Ghibli alike and I enjoy various anime films here and there, like Tekkonkinkreet, Redline and Summer Wars. I don't really watch many anime TV shows the only ones I like are Sailor Moon and Pokemon.

Misc: I love reading and teas. My favorite authors would be Tao Lin, and Sylvia Plath. I like to play video games on my PlayStation 4. I also love cute, wacky and quirky, mugs and socks, if I had more of either I would say I collect them. I really really enjoy posters, and art prints, and I love love love Cadbury chocolate bars, and Japanese Kit Kats. I also love American Apparel and have dry sense of humor.

Once again, I apologize for the length, but I felt as though if it was shorter you would have trouble shopping for me, and I don't want you to worry too much about that, so I tried to give you as much info and resources as possible. So thanks again for taking the time to do this for me, I hope you enjoy yourself while doing this and overall remember it's the thought that counts.

^ Dude I'm so curious what's different about Japanese kitkats; enlighten me

They have a lot more flavors, like Sakura, Green Tea, Strawberry, (I think they had mint at one point in time). Anyways they're really really good. Same with Oreos like there is are so many yummy types of Oreo out there, you'd be Surprised how many there are and most are really yummy like Strawberry Milkshake, and Caramel Apple if you ever want to import foreign or niche foods amazon is amazing for it.

I'm John.  I'm 20.  I'm a full time student.  Possibly an English major, but I'd be lying if I said I knew, I'm still undeclared (sigh).  I have a pet dachshund that I love to death.  I play guitar, mainly just acoustic stuff.  I love the Oilers, even though they have been terrible for the past 8 years.  As far as my musical taste goes, my tradelist should give you an idea.  I listen to a lot of 90's emo, screamo, and current emo.  I'm also really into punk, not that Real Friends/Knuckle Puck bullshit, I mean like BTMI!, Banner Pilot, Latterman, etc.  I've always been into the genres, but recently I've been exploring a lot more post-rock, shoegaze, lo-fi, and ambient material, and have really been enjoying the genres.  Anything in the realm of GY!BE, Mono, Nothing, Have A Nice Life, Brian Eno, or even darker ambient, post-rock, shoegaze stuff would interest me.  I've really, really been digging Nothing recently, so anything in that realm, sorry for being tautologic (I learned that word yesterday!)  You get it.  I am a die hard Arrested Development and The Office (US) fan.  George Michael, Tobias, and Michael Scott are my favourite characters.  My favourite movies would probably be In Bruges, American Beauty, and Happiness (maybe).  I really enjoy dark comedies, or even movies that make you feel like shit (Blue Valentine). I like craft beer, especially IPA's.  I also like drink shitty beer, mainly PBR.  (Okay, maybe I like it).  As for t shirts and stuff, I like black shirts with white print the most.  I like dark and gloomy looking shirts (reflects my mood well, ha!).  Oh, I also love coffee.  I've recently started drinking a lot of Americanos.  I have quite a significant TWIABP collection going, if you take a look at my tradelist.  I'm always looking for missing pieces.    

That's all I can think of, I'll add to it if I think of anything!

Alright here it goes,

My name is Dakota, I'm 21 from Southern California. I live in a small duplex with my girlfriend and our little dog Nala and my drummer and his girlfriend stay next door. My band is called The Science Involved and we are just finishing up recording our full length "The Tenderloin." My girlfriend works at Vans, which also happens to be my favorite clothing company for the most part, and I'm recently unemployed but have been walking about a mile everyday to Vons and singing/playing acoustic guitar for 6 hours a day for money in the meantime while I wait to receive some callbacks from the various places I've applied at.

I just started collecting records at the end of last year, and though my collection isn't small it is by no means huge. I immediately got the vinyl "itch" after our first few records and have been non stop collecting since, honestly It's been getting kinda bad.. but hey I don't smoke cigarettes or weed and have slowed down a lot on drinking, and I think if anyone understands that it's people on here haha so what can you do?

My favorite bands are Circa Survive, Dance Gavin Dance, Panic! at the Disco, Parkway Drive, The Beatles, Underoath and the local bands we play with. There are plenty of things on my wants list since my collection is still largely a work-in-progress. I keep my trade list updated though and shouldn't be to hard to shop for (it is in my description), as far as shirts/hoodies I wear an XL. Also anything Anthony Green related gets me because he is my favorite singer/songwriter. 

A few particular vinyl I would love to add to my collection, but of course in no way expect, would be Panic! at the Disco - A Fever you can't Sweat Out, Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise, Coheed and Cambria - IKSOSE, Coheed and Cambria SSTB, Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree, or Jurassic Park - the A variant, But I will be happy with whatever I get, just had to put a "super wishlist" if you will :P 

Any which way I'm stoked to be part of this and really enjoy being a new part of this community so thanks for setting this up!

My band for anyone curious -------- FFO Underoath, Parkway Drive, Dance Gavin Dance, Post-Hardcore ---------

http://www.facebook.com/TheScienceInvolved

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSGBr3t_8ZXEVQjdE9035QA