Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

My name is Sean. I AM NOT REALLY A GNOME. My old usernames were sapst16 and Pebbles. I will be 28 on the 28th. I like beagles. My tradelist (in my sig) sums up my music interests pretty well. I'm really into film photography. I'm also really into illustration and design. Like a few others have said, I'll be stoked if you put time into whatever you make/purchase. Oh yeah, before I forget, beef fucking jerky.

I like beagles too!! My dog is half ! Cool breed.

finally getting a chance to post. my work schedule has been crazy, working about 50 hours this week and then 60+ next week.

my name is Kellen. I am a Leo who likes sweets, long walks on the beach, and car washes. I am originally from a suburb of Cleveland, OH. About 3 months ago I moved down to the Orlando area to take a job at Disney. My tradelist is pretty accurate I believe. I will double check to make sure in the coming days. My all time favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack. Beyond MCS I really am in to pop punk, rock, alternative, etc etc etc etc. At the end of all this I will list my favorite bands/movies/tv.

I am a huge baseball fan. I bleed all the colors of Cleveland - Indians, Browns, and Cavs (in that order). I want to read more. That is whenever I would get the time to. I never have much free time right now. All I do now is work and whenever I get a day off I am usually at Magic Kingdom or one of the other parks. I am starting to become more obsessed with Disney since I have been working here. I have begun to collect some of those Funko Pop! figures. I like weird/different/fun art, posters, prints, etc. I am a foodie, love my sweets, and alcohol.

Here are some of my favorites:

- Music - MCS, The Wonder Years, Blink 182, Brand New, Modern Baseball, Four Year Steong, fun., Bayside, My Chemical Romance, twenty one pilots, etc

- Movies - I am obseesed with Nightmare Before Christmas. Others I like include Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Shaun of the Dead, Back to the Future, Warm Bodies, Empire Records, anything Kevin Smith (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob, Dogma, etc),

- TV - Parks and Rec, Scrubs, Big Bang Theory, How I met Your Mother, Daily Show, 90's Nickelodeon, Once Upon a Time, Futurama, American Dad, etc

Not sure what else to put. Hope this helps.

My name's Jared. I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah, and I'm 22 years old (23 on the 22nd of this month). I'd like to think I listen to a wide variety of music. Here's some bands I'm listening to a lot right now: Beck, The Radio Dept., Django Reinhardt, Earth, Russian Circles, Television, Grateful Dead, Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Built to Spill, Josh Ritter, LCD Soundsystem, Red Fang, Eagle Twin, Pavement, Fever Ray, The Go, Charles Bradley, Sharon Van Etten, Lee Hazelwood, My Bloody Valentine, Modest Mouse, Warm Soda, Ty Segall. I'm pretty open to most music genres. I'm really into supporting local music, so whenever I'm travelling, I like to pick up some music by local bands I've never heard from the area. I'd be pleased as punch if you included some. 

Being from Utah, where the license plates claim we have the greatest snow on earth, I love snowboarding. During the winter I'm usually on the mountain at least once a week.

I really love cars; Vintage British and European cars especially. I'm not too into American cars. My brother's got a '71 Mini that we're in the process of restoring. I'm also into motorcycles. I just bought and restored my first one. It's a '73 Honda CL100. I've had a ton of fun fixing it up and riding it. I'm on the lookout for a bigger vintage Honda for next summer. 

Like most other music lovers, I go to a ton of concerts. I've been to somewhere around 300. I've lost count. I usually go to about 1-2 a week.

Here's my Discogs collection I keep it up to date, so you can check here to see what I have already and what I may like. I'm not super picky, so get me anything you think I might like, and chances are, I will. My t shirt size is L. 

Here's some other social media that might help you out.

Instagram

Last.fm

Hey everybody.  Year number three, let's do this shit!

For those that don't know me, I'm Ronnie.  I'm 31 and I live in Wichita, KS, until I move to Washington, D.C. in January.  I have two cats, one is very awesome, the other is less awesome.  I like stuff, lots of different stuff.  Would you like to know about some of that stuff?  Of course you would.  I like tattoos and all things traditional tattoo related.  I like black shirts because they hide the fact that I like beer and food and because I tend to drop said beer and food often.  I like bourbon.  I like things that smell nice.  I like awful horror flicks, but I also like some not awful horror flicks.  I love old punk and hardcore bands ala The Clash, The Misfits, Bad Brains, The Ramones, etc.  I also love sad bastard acoustic music ala Ryan Adams, Gregory Alan Isakov, and John Moreland.  Wait, there's more.  Still a big fan of current Americana bands ala Gaslight Anthem, Lucero, yada yada yada.  I absolutely love comic books, I love anything Scott Snyder and Garth Ennis.  My favorite hero ever is Batman and I dig super dark titles like Preacher, Black Hole, and American Vampire. 

I'm excited for another year and I've already started compiling neato things for gifts.  

Sorry for just now getting around to posting this! It's been a busy week. (Also, sorry for writing a novel.)

I'm Adam. I'm 22 and a half, but I'm basically still a child. I live in Athens, about an hour southeast of Atlanta, GA. Currently a fifth-year at UGA, and I'll be graduating in December. I also work part-time at one of UGA's libraries. If all goes according to plan, I'll be moving to Japan to teach English next summer, but if not, I have my heart set on NYC or Chicago. After so many years out in the middle of nowhere, I'm really jonesing for some city life.

As far as music goes, my taste is really expansive, eclectic, whatever word you wanna use for it. I used to be really into hardcore and post-hardcore, but recently I've been listening to a lot more electronic stuff. A few favorite bands/artists are Dance Gavin Dance, Touche Amore, FACT (a Japanese pop-punk/post-hardcore band), Kishi Bashi, Machinedrum, FKA twigs, Beyonce, Anamanaguchi, Passion Pit, and basically anything on Captured Tracks, Carpark Records, Slumberland, True Panther Sounds, Ghostly International, Software, and other similar labels. I also really enjoy supporting small electronic labels, and do so whenever I can (one of my life goals is to start an electronic label of my own).

TV- and movie-wise, almost everything I actively watch is light-hearted, comedic, and/or animated. I really like stuff like The Office, Parks and Rec, The League, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Bob's Burgers, cooking shows, and House Hunters. A few of my favorite films are Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Tampopo, Kung Fu Hustle, and Lilo and Stitch. Obviously a huge fan of cartoons and anime. I don't really play video games anymore, unless we're talking stuff like The Sims, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing.

Shirt size is Large, but I also wear XL if it's slim fit.

Other interests include button-down shirts with loud 1980's/90's or floral patterns on them, drawing and graphic design (I like to think of myself as an amateur graphic designer), just about anything Japanese, photography (I own a Nikon D3200 DSLR and a Nikon FA film camera from the 80's), Diet Dr Pepper, stand-up comedy (favorites include Maria Bamford, Hannibal Buress, Tig Notaro, and Patton Oswalt), and dogs, with the exception of pugs. Sorry, pug lovers.

If you need to know anything else about me, my tradelist, Tumblr page, AND Instagram are all linked in my signature. I'll try to whip up a short, easily attainable wantlist within the next few days, just in case a record gets thrown in.

This is gonna be fun!

hi. i'm lauren. i'm a 28 year-old (29 the day before halloween) gal living in brooklyn. 

i'm terrible at picking favorites and even worse at categorizing things, but i know i mostly read and don't post on here too often, so i'll try to be thorough/helpful .

shows and live music have always been, and still very much are, a huge part of my life. the first band i ever saw live was silverchair and my first real show was the suicide machines (with limp and mephiskapheles) back when i was 12 (and i totally scammed my parents into letting me go. fun story. i was a crafty 12 year-old). i was fortunate enough to grow up in a place where awesome live music was a daily thing and made sure to take advantage as much i could. i actually grew up down the street from cbgbs, so that was basically my home away from home through all of high school (live music > sitting at home with my parents). i also worked at a lot of shows, so i've been extremely lucky and seen a lot of amazing bands between then and now and it's one of the few things i really love about this city. i grew up mostly on punk, emo, ska, hardcore (epitaph, fearless, jade tree, dtr, etc) and i've always strove to have every album that was important to me growing up as a part of my collection. i've definitely made a lot of progress on that, but still not quite where i want to be. my music tastes are generally pretty all over the map, including random quebecois music and country. i do love me some country. 

i also have a major soft spot for musicians' solo/side projects, especially when it's a totally different genre than the music they're typically known for, bonus points if said side project is alt-country (ex: mike herrera - tumbledown, jim ward - sleepercar, jeremy chatelain - cub country, mariachi el bronx, brett detar, nick 13, etc).

i'm really good at keeping my deadformat up to date, so it's a pretty accurate representation of what i have and what i like. 

on the other side, i'm really terrible at keeping my discogs up to date. i do have a want list on there, but i tend to just flag tons of stuff that i want and then not take them off when i get it. it might be helpful for ideas since there is a lot on there that i want and don't have, but there's also a lot on there that i do have and just never took off. either way, if it helps, it's http://www.discogs.com/wantlist?user=themeconspiracy

other things i enjoy: zombies, juggalo-mocking (my ss killed it last year with http://instagram.com/p/jU00gTu0bu/), david hasselhoff, and bacon.

in addition to records, other things depleting my bank account are beer (i prefer ipas, stouts, and porters, but like to explore and have no shame in drinking cheap stuff when i'm poor (which is often))and art (artists i'm really into: dan danger (actually an old college buddy of mine), alex pardee, tara mcpherson, chuck hodi, brian ewing, tim doyle, david cook, aaron horkey, luke chueh

i work in photography (but probably changing that soon). 

i love cats. i have one. his name is jäger. he's awesome. 

i also love corgis. they're awesome and have disproportionate leg-to-body ratios just like me haha (seriously though, please feel free to send one my way, just don't ship him media mail)

for further stalking/research purposes, my instagram lives here: http://instagram.com/themeconspiracy

ABOUT ME

My name is [CENSORED] , I'm 29, and I just had my first child with my wife two years ago, he's an awesome little dude. I am a manager at a call centre of roughly 85 staff (yeah, my staff call you if you're in [CENSORED] , sorry/don't be rude to them).

I'm from and currently located in [CENSORED] ( [CENSORED] !).

I have super weird selective taste in everything, especially music. Here is my collection: http://www.discogs.c...ion?user=Daegor and my wantlist: http://www.discogs.c...ist?user=Daegor. I am only obsessed with a very select few bands, (The Chariot/'68, Klayton/Celldweller/Circle of Dust/Etc, Blindside, Norma Jean, Zao, Nine Inch Nails), and am not a variant collector except for The Chariot/'68 (and I already have everything except for test presses of Good Fight releases). I rarely listen to the radio, so chances are if it isn't on my want/have list, or last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/Daegor) then I probably haven't heard them before, but I am always eager to consume more music.

I like TV shows like Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Craig Ferguson, Brooklyn 99, movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Fight Club, and other such mind trip movies, but really will like nearly any movie for one reason or another (Pixar movies and gems like How to Train Your Dragon, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, etc).

I love microbreweries, GOOD liquor, etc.

I like to read, mostly sci-fi stuff like Philip K Dick, Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert.

Yup.

Edited by daegor

I'm 22 and a half, but I'm basically still a child

Are you me?

Also I've never heard anyone else dig FACT. Saw them back in 2009 whenever they were opening for senses fail. They're nice dudes (didn't really know English back then though). Wish I still had the mask I bought from their Merch table.

My name's Mike, I'm 34, and I live in Chicago (by way of Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Columbus, Ohio). My DF tradelist is in my sig and that'll give you the best picture of what I have and types of music I dig. The broad overview is that I enjoy rock music. Specifically:

post-rock instrumental (Caspian, TWDY, etc)

alt-country/Americana (Tim Barry, Two Cow Garage, bands Virgil dicked over, etc)

90s emo (Jazz june, Texas is the Reason, Blacktop Cadence, Deep Elm, etc)

anything with a catchy hook (Weezer, Ozma, etc).

Lately, I've also been really digging:

girl-fronted/all-girl garage/pop punk (The Chubbies, HissyFIts, Donnas, Vyvyan, etc)

scuzzy garage and rockabilly (Estrus, Sympathy for the Record Industry, Quadrajets, etc).

My nostalgiacore bands would be anything from the mid-late 90s and early 2000s Columbus Ohio scene (A Planet for Texas, New Bomb Turks, Cowslingers, Bassholes, Jon Chinn projects, etc).

I have plenty of t-shirts (according to my wife). I also have a 5 year old daughter, and we love listening to music and playing games together. I'm not too big on movies or comics. Historical non-fiction is my prefered literary genre. I'm always sad when I see the Manifest Destiny thread and realize it's not about the westward expansion of the US. I fly people around the universe for a living, so space stuff is also appreciated. Used to be way more into sports than I am today; now I really only follow college football (Go Bucks!).

Please people. Post. We all want to be able to give you something that you will love and not be just shooting in the dark!

Also, I think this is especially important for people that have a spare few records on your want list. You need to give people other options of something you might like besides your white whales that might be a little to pricy for your SS. I have heard a few people struggling with this. So please post about yourself.

Hey guys and gals, 

I don't really like posting about myself but I will go ahead and submit something. It's only fair to help my Secret Santa. 

My name is Joseph and this will be my second time participating in Secret Santa here on VC. 

I have some varied interests mainly the generic ones like (some video games) movies and television. I also prefer to buy music on the physical format, which can be cassettes, CDs and vinyl. For movies I do like comedies but I am the type of person where I do not like crude humor, I can tolerate a little but I feel that overall nasty humor is cheap and not well thought out. Some of my favorite comedic films Disney's "Heavyweights," "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" (I haven't seen "The Worlds End" yet). I like the stylized visuals of "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". I love to watch "Home Alone 1 & 2" for Christmas as well as "Elf." 

Like many I'm a huge fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, well I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (I could leave The Dark Knight Rises). I have enjoyed Christopher Nolan's films, I think The Prestige is so good. 

I'm not too much of a fan of horror movies, but I do like some. I love "28 Days Later" and I did watch "Insidious" on IFC recently, that wasn't too bad. John Carpenter's "Halloween,"  "When A Stranger Calls," I know this looks like a short list of movies, but I'm drawing a blank here at the moment.  

For TV, The Walking Dead, The Strain, Gotham, The Amazing Race (only reality show I watch), The X-Files, Seinfeld, King of Queens(gotta love those marathons on TV Land haha).

My favorite BBC drama is "Orphan Black" and it is criminal that it is overlooked. Tatiana Maslany is brilliant! If you have Amazon Prime video, I highly suggest you watch from episode 1 on through the season finale of Season 2. 

For video games, I have a PS3, but my favorite console is the Sega Dreamcast, and my favorite series is Shenmue #SaveShenmue. Some staples in my PS3 library is the Batman Arkham series, Bioshock series, of course I would like the Yakuza series (It's basically a faster paced Shenmue).

I listen to some varying artists but my favorite group for a while has been The Music. http://www.discogs.com/artist/225100-Music-The I have their full lengths  but they have so many 7" and 12" vinyl singles that I have just put off getting them, the singles aren't expensive I just never take the time to get them (a few of these singles would be just fine for a gift.)

I also like Jimmy Eat World, AFI, Finch, Jurassic 5, Motion City Soundtrack, The Ataris, Sugarcult, Anberlin, Incubus, Hot Hot Heat and Joey Cape. 

I hope this helps my Secret Santa. 

--Joseph. 

edit: sorry that turned out to be a lot. 

Are you me?

Also I've never heard anyone else dig FACT. Saw them back in 2009 whenever they were opening for senses fail. They're nice dudes (didn't really know English back then though). Wish I still had the mask I bought from their Merch table.

They're so good, but I haven't actually gotten around to listening to their newest album yet, since it hasn't been put on Spotify and I try not to download music anymore.

(To whomever my SS is, their new album is called Witness. Hint hint.)