Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

My person hasn't posted their thing yet, but I have an idea but I need some reassurance

THIS.

Please people. Post. We all want to be able to give you something that you will love and not be just shooting in the dark!

Also, I think this is especially important for people that have a spare few records on your want list. You need to give people other options of something you might like besides your white whales that might be a little to pricy for your SS. I have heard a few people struggling with this. So please post about yourself.

Otherwise, you're getting confetti. 

SS Christmas confetti.

EDIT: typo

my name's joe, i'm 27 and live in downtown seattle. i'm into coffee, good beer, hockey and football. mostly the detroit red wings and the denver broncos. 

as far as music goes i'm into a bunch of different bands but my favorites are currently NK, mansions, the dear hunter, the killers, o'brother, tbs, the front bottoms, as tall as lions, and envy on the coast. my lastfm can be found here: http://www.last.fm/user/onlettingjoe/charts and my sig's google doc is kind of up to date on what records i own. 

some other random things: some of my fav tv shows are true detective, fargo, breaking bad, the office, curb your enthusiasm. and i wear an xl tshirt though. 

copied from last year with edits...

my name is andy and i live outside philadelphia. some of my favorite bands are the loved ones/dave hause, gaslight anthem/horrible crowes, holy mess, unwritten law (old), bouncing souls, afi (old), mischief brew, alkaline trio, kid dynamite, the lawrence arms, tim barry and the menzingers. im a huge fan of pop punk, raspy vocals, and "woahs". i love onyx's first album and similar rap from the early to mid 90's and also rock/alternative from the early/mid 90s as well.

i will watch just about any movie, especially if john cusak is in it, but stupid comedies and movies that are so bad that they are good are my first choices.

tv takes up my nights as i dont go out much anymore and im not to picky whats on since its generally background noise. elementary, person of interest, arrow, franklin and bash get most of my attention if theyre on tho.

my drinks of choice when i do go out are miller high life or crown royal. but i work 6 nights a week so i usually just come home and drink mtn dew.

i dont read or watch sports. one of my favorite colors is pink, i love ewoks (who doesnt), i have 3 cats inside and another 4 6 5(strays) that have a little house built outside and i can waste a whole day watching cat videos on youtube. im in the process of quitting smoking again and i love getting tattooed.

i think thats about it, at least im done talking about myself. hope that helps whoever my ss is.

Hey my name is Will Smith (no relation to the actor). I'm 26 living in Charleston, SC but I'm a born and bred New Yorker. I'm a Selling and Service Manager at Saks Fifth Avenue and I love with my GF Candace. Started collecting about a year ago and I have about 60 LP's. I need to upgrade my TT as I'm still rocking the ATLP-60 but don't have the funds right now.

I love reading, music, singing, sports and video games.

Favorite Author : John Grisham

Drinks: I'm definitely a beer guy and I'm willing to try anything as I like to experiment, but I don't mind a stiff liquor drink after work sometimes.

Music: COHEED AND CAMBRIA!!!, John Mayer, The Devil Wears Prada, Alter Bridge, August Burns Red, Four Year Strong, State Champs, Foo Fighters, Frank Ocean, Chris Brown, Janelle Monae, Anita Baker, Sade, Michael Buble, T.I., Jay-Z, T/T/T, Kanye, Katy Perry, Killswitch Engage, Lower Than Atlantis, Maroon 5, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Nas, Lloyd Banks, Paramore, fun., Pusha T, and I have a HUGE music/real life crush on Sara Bareilles (LAWD). Think Juan/Taylor Swift levels of love. That's me and Sara.

Sports: I'm a proud season ticket holder for the South Carolina Gamecocks and my other sports affiliations are the Yankees, Knicks, Carolina Panthers, NY Rangers,and NYCFC when they launch the team next year.

Video Games: been a gamer since I was 5 when I got a Nintendo from my grandma. I currently play on my PS3 and 4. I'm pretty well rounded as far as games go but most of my time is spent playing sports games and RPG's.

Movies: I'm down for about anything. I love a good story. The Dark Knight is one of my favorites, as well as the whole Marvel movie series.

TV: same as movies but I'm a huge fan currently of Sons of Anarchy, Law and Order SVU, Chicago Fire/PD, The Ultimate Fighter and anything WWE related.

Currently have one tattoo but I'm planning on more. It's definetly going to be Coheed themed!!

My tradelist is in my signature and I promise it will be fully updated by Friday!

Thanks for reading!!

Got my person! Awesome! So excited for this. I guess I'll start the personal info posts! 

My name is Bret, i'm a 26 year old diabetic. My main love is Alabama Football, but I also really love records (Obvi.), Star Wars, All things Disney, and movies in general. Here is my Amazon wishlist  (http://http://amzn.com/w/NW09W2LNE4K2), just in case my tradelist didn't give good enough of an idea. I got lucky, and my SS has similar tastes as me, so it's an easy year for me.

I feel like everyone else elaborated much more than I did, so here goes some more. I moved to Alaska from Alabama in 2010 to be with my now Wife. We got married in August and I couldn't be happier. I've been REALLY into shoegaze lately, but also into stuff like Cayetana (Girl fronted pop-punk in general), and mostly run for cover, topshelf type bands. Guardians of the Galaxy is probably the best movie I saw this year. Even though I'm a diabetic, I am really into sweets. I take a lot of insulin, lol. I have two shithead cats that are fucking terrible, but I like them sometimes. 

My favorite movies: Star Wars, The Big Lebowski, Full Metal Jacket, O' Brother Where Art Thou, Pulp Fiction and all Tarantino films.

Bands: Saves the Day, Defeater, Touche Amore, Whirr, Pity Sex. 

I feel like everyone else elaborated much more than I did, so here goes some more. I moved to Alaska from Alabama in 2010 to be with my now Wife. We got married in August and I couldn't be happier. I've been REALLY into shoegaze lately, but also into stuff like Cayetana (Girl fronted pop-punk in general), and mostly run for cover, topshelf type bands. Guardians of the Galaxy is probably the best movie I saw this year. Even though I'm a diabetic, I am really into sweets. I take a lot of insulin, lol. I have two shithead cats that are fucking terrible, but I like them sometimes.

My favorite movies: Star Wars, The Big Lebowski, Full Metal Jacket, O' Brother Where Art Thou, Pulp Fiction and all Tarantino films.

Bands: Saves the Day, Defeater, Touche Amore, Whirr, Pity Sex.

The boot camp section of Full Metal Jacket make me laugh my ass off EVERYTIME

ok, since i have no secret santa and people have told me to write a short post to describe myself and my interests in case anyone wants to send me a post card or something. I have a hard time speaking about myself for some reason so this may come off a bit odd. here it goes:

Name is Mike. i'm from Austin. I like punk rock/hardcore/pop punk/etc. i listen to bands from morris day and the time to his hero is gone. im a 70's/80's gen kid, so of course i like pop and tons of metal.  but my main focus is on pop punk in the vein of chumped/ergs/crimpshrine/etc etc. think no idea bands. not blink 182 style..

i will walk out of a room if the red hot chili peppers or 4 non-blondes gets played by a band or is playing on the radio/stereo. both bands irritate my senses, much like a dog whistle to a canine. 

i vape. i collect lots of vape gear. i work in a vape shop and help people get off cigarettes.  i buy records (even though my record player broke several months ago), i watch movies when i have time. i like to eat at as many different restaurants as i can. i buy tons of band shirts. i collect fetish and street photography books. 

fav movies: caddyshack, papillon, coming to america, ladies man, spaceballs, blazing saddles, life of brian, von trier movies...

fav bands: jawbreaker, his hero is gone, iron maiden, ergs, crimpshrine, elvis costello, marked men, tragedy, minor threat. afghan whigs

fav tv shows: boondocks, psych, game of thrones, sanford and son. 

fav photographers: joel peter witkin, weegee, ansel adams, terry richardson (don't judge) to name a few.

can't think of anything else to say.

My name is Sean. I'm 28 and live in Estes Park, CO with my wife and 1 year old daughter. I love it here and am always outside hiking or skiing. I have Denver Broncos season tickets and do like the Rockies. Beer is my drink of choice. I am spoiled by all the breweries around here. I also brew my own. Scotch and Gin are a close second to beer too. 

As far as music goes, my tradelist should give you a pretty good idea. I just recently got into Nothing and Whirr. I also keep meaning to check out more Graveface artists. 

My shirt size is L and I do enjoy reading Dave Eggers and most anything McSweeney's releases.

Sorry for posting late,

Here's my blurb thing (nothing much has changed since last year.. except my age LOL:

I'm Manish, 34, and living in Oakland (The nicer part LOL). I work in the tech field and I DJ and volunteer at KALX Berkeley.

My musical tastes range. Though, I tend to stay on the heavier side of things I do have a soft spot for good acoustic singer/songwriter types. Fave artists include NIN, Pink Floyd, Bad Religion, Darkest Hour, boysetsfire, Doomriders, Converge, Kvelertak, Mastodon, Ramones, Public Enemy, Run DMC, Johnny Cash.

Visually, I'm a bit of a sci-fi and cartoon fan. Been spending a lot of time watching Transformers (If you haven't seen Transformers Prime yet, do yourself a favor and watch it), Doctor Who, Firefly, Simpsons, Futurama, Batman

I'm a sucker for lego, board/card games, puzzles, and sometimes action figures. 

As far as things I'd be interested in. Maybe a copy of your favorite book of the year. I haven't had a chance to read much and am interested in seeing what got released that was moving, fun, thought provoking, etc. Also a mix of your fav songs of the year or an album of your favorite local artist or if you are in a band, your band's latest release. (Hell I am a radio DJ, If you're lucky, I may play it on the air) Other than that really whatever you want to throw in there will be appreciated. 

Favorite color.. Dark purple.

Here you go SS, hope this helps. My name is Jess, I’m 28. I’m an Italian girl from North Jersey. I live with my dog Milo. Named after Milo from the Descendents. 

vdhaif.jpg

I walk him at least 1hr/day (walking playlists would be cool). The first CD I ever owned was Dookie by Green Day, which I stole from my older brother. First one I ever bought was August and Everything After by the Counting Crows (which I sadly don’t own on vinyl). I’ve been collecting vinyl since I was 14. First one I bought was Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys- though it, along with a good portion of my collection was destroyed/damaged in a storm a few years back.

Music: I made a list on discogs solely for the purpose of participating in SS this year- don't expect anything off the wantlist. I do however have a decent amount of ‘classic rock’ that is not catalogued there, because- damn there are like a million versions of all those albums. My favorite bands include: Modest Mouse, Brand New, Rancid, The Gaslight Anthem, The Bouncing Souls, The Menzingers, DFA1979, Into It Over It, Op Ivy, too many more. I grew up in NJ listening to pop punk/ska- and enjoy a throw back now and then (Bigwig, Finch, Anti-Flag, Less Than Jake, Catch 22, A New Found Glory, Blink 182, The Libertines) but really only stuff from like before 2004.  Recently I heard Mogwai for the first time and have been listening A LOT- don’t own any at this point though. I picked up a nasty habit of getting into Mondo stuff.  I think Disintegration by The Cure is the most beautiful album I have ever heard.  I have a massive hole in my collection for any/all things 90s grunge/rock- Nirvana, Pearl Jam, NIN, Rage Against the Machine, etc. I also enjoy blues, garage rock, and jazz.

Movies: I don’t really ever watch movies. However running list of my all time favorites: The Sandlot, The Goonies, Say Anything, Stand By Me, High Fidelity, Donnie Darko, Back to the Future, Requiem for a Dream. 

TV: Favorite shows would have to be Fringe, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, South Park, Workaholics, Its Always Sunny, The League

Random: I’m big into WWE (Dean Ambrose, Sami Zayn, CM Punk are my dudes). NY Yankees. I work as a pediatric dietitian and used to write a cooking blog. My first degree was music business, but after interning at Columbia records I wanted to get as far away from that as possible. Recently I’ve been thinking of going back to music/art stuff.  I like local foods/farms, local coffee roasters (espresso), nature, and working out- marathon running/weight lifting/heated yoga. I love tattoos, but as an anxious mess I’ve yet to get one.  I’ve been getting into prints/posters- fan of El Jefe’s Gaslight/Horrible Crows/Bouncing Souls/Rancid stuff but don’t have any. I like hand-made stuff. 

Like Dave said, if you look like you put some thought into it I'm going to like it.

Music:

I like a really broad range of music but my tastes tend to drift towards the middle within a given genre. I don't listen to much that is really esoteric. As an example, I like my punk stuff to have some production quality. I like my metal to have lyrics I can understand. One constant is that I don't really like anything that sounds too happy or upbeat. (Context: Bronx songs Shitty Future, Under the Rabbit and Mouth Money are great. Young Bloods, Youth Wasted and Pilot Light.. not so much)

I make a playlist every Monday and listen to that all week at work. Current Playlist includes: DFA1979, The Bronx, Rocket From the Crypt, Timber Timbre, Brown Bird, The Devil Makes Three, Grupo Fantasma, Murder By Death, Whores, The Kinks, Slow Warm Death, '68, The Giraffes, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeat and Gesaffelstein. I also really love Mariachi. Both contemporary and traditional stuff. Except norteño, fuck that shit.

Everything Else:

I have a 4 month old daughter named Ophelia. She is cool.

I like beer and tequila. I like weird art and knick knacks. 

I don't like stickers and posters. 

I currently work as an Art Director at a small digital agency though I do a fair amount of print and identity work on the side. I recently purchased a new camera and I am trying to get better at Photography, though it isn't going as well as I had hoped. I've done some screenprinting and painting in the past, and will do more in the future, once I have time. I like anything related to art, design, printmaking, photography and the like.

I like to read, fiction or non-fiction, generally anything that isn't for Young Adults. I haven't come across too many books I don't like. Not much of a TV watcher, once Mad Men finishes up it'll pretty much be Bruins games and Game of Thrones. I do, however, play a good amount of Xbox One. 

EDIT: My Discogs want list is generally absurdly priced stuff, I keep things on it looking for the occasional deal. I'll update it to include a few normal prices items but I'd just as soon be sent something I've never heard that you think I'll like. 

I'm Chino

I'll be 30 on thanksgiving

I live in Florida with my gf and my maltese Zooey

I'm 420 friendly and the occasional game day drinker.

Music wise I'm pretty much a creature of habit. Favorites are who I have multiples albums of on my tradelist but mostly love pop punk and warped tour type scene stuff like tbs, motion city, Northstar etc, from 2000-2010.

Movies, I like mostly horror. Aliens and predator franchises and slasher classics like Friday the 13th and halloween are my favorite. along with cute indie stuff.

I read chuck palahniuk game of thrones and the walking dead. exclusive funko Pop figures is my new collection trend.

The Jacksonville Jaguars and Seattle Seahawks and F.C. Barcelona and Spain for soccer for sports.

I love art and prints of anything I've mentioned liking. foodie, cook, size xxl and that's about it. Hope this helps at all!

My name is Sean. I AM NOT REALLY A GNOME. My old usernames were sapst16 and Pebbles. I will be 28 on the 28th. I like beagles. My tradelist (in my sig) sums up my music interests pretty well. I'm really into film photography. I'm also really into illustration and design. Like a few others have said, I'll be stoked if you put time into whatever you make/purchase. Oh yeah, before I forget, beef jerky.

Oh yeah pt. 2, bonus points for including an original illustration made by you, either on the mailer or just included inside the package. This especially includes you if you don't think you can draw. Have some fun!