Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

I understand your frustration. I only got one weapon (which happened to be the worst exotic weapon in the game) my first 6 or 7 raid runs and the same thing twice on my first four nightfalls... Beyond frustrated. BUT this last week I got the Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, Thunderlord, Atheons Epilogue, the raid launcher, and three pieces of raid gear between two raids and two nightfalls.

Point I'm trying to make is that luck can easily switch in the blink of an eye. That feeling of a lucky drop instantly made me forget all the frustration.

I'll definitely try and hook up some raid runs with you guys this week, apparently I'm good luck.

I understand your frustration. I only got one weapon (which happened to be the worst exotic weapon in the game) my first 6 or 7 raid runs and the same thing twice on my first four nightfalls... Beyond frustrated. BUT this last week I got the Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, Thunderlord, Atheons Epilogue, the raid launcher, and three pieces of raid gear between two raids and two nightfalls.

Point I'm trying to make is that luck can easily switch in the blink of an eye. That feeling of a lucky drop instantly made me forget all the frustration.

I'll definitely try and hook up some raid runs with you guys this week, apparently I'm good luck.

Yeah, and didn't you have that single Raid run where you scored nothing but gear and Exotics?  So nice.  Someone else I was gaming with experienced something similar.  I guess when you start that lucky streak on the Raid, you can pretty much ride it all the way to the end.  Maybe not 100% of the time for everyone, but you can bet your sweet ass I'll be sticking out a full raid if my first drop is an Exotic.  I've got sick time at work for emergencies like that.

Oh and they're messing with the Mythos attack stat which only affects PvE

So to clarify, they're only re-upping the Mythoclast's damage for PVE?  Not PVP, correct?  Because even nurfed, that thing is still OP in the Crucible.  In my opinion, anyway.  Maybe I just suck at countering it.

Naw I don't think you are a crybaby. Same thing happens to me. Every exotic I got I bought. I only have one raid piece. Pretty much everything I get is shards, energy or blue. So yeah I have similar luck. Now with the raid changing maybe they will up the chances for gear.

Thanks Charlie.  I'm glad you're able to relate to the frustration a bit.  Curiosity gets the best of me and I see so many other people in the Tower who are lower leveled than myself and have way more Exotic weapons and Raid gear.  It could be that they're swapping it over to a different account - a friend of my co-worker has 3 Warlock accounts so he can do the Raid up to 6 times per week - but it's tough to say without knowing.  Either way, I'm holding out for my lucky day.  I'd love to find or buy at least one of those Exotics.  Still loving last week's Ice Breaker, and this week's Truth launcher.  It'd just be cool to find and use one before the rest of the Destiny population hits up Xur for it, you know?

Also, that last sentence of yours - are they tampering with the Raid?

The total luck aspect is one major reason I'm bored with the game in general, and the other reason is there's nothing worth chasing.

If you could go full exotic at least it would be fun trying to combine the best perks etc. But with legendary it's like "Hmmmmmmm do i want the same exact armor stat but 32 strength or 33 wisdom" the the difference of which equates to basically nothing.

The game leans way too heavily on the pvp aspect and they expect you to be fine playing pvp and watching the guy who goes 0-20 get an exotic while you're in first place and roll a blue cape.

But as far as PVE... They wanted this game to be like a MMORPG.. Sorry but there's no grindy grindcore game in existence that's good enough to make me want to play the same 5 stories over and over and over. Especially when all I have left to gain is going from level 28 to level 30. What is the point!

And like you said Derek, the main reason played as long as I did was it was a blast geeking out with you and Batman and Shlebs and Everybody from VC. And I want to keep doing that but if I hunt Valus Ta'aurc, the Archon Priest, or the Psion Flayers one more time I'm going to lose it!

yeah derek it's frustrating as hell even with random shit thrown in there, so i can only imagine not getting lucky here and there. i think i've seen 3-4 legendary engrams since they patched it. and my raid run last week was all ascendant materials when everyone else was getting gear. my whole thing has just been do the daily heroics and do the daily bounties. it's not too much of a time sink and i've leveled a lot of weapons up. pretty much just waiting for my weekly run of the raid for raid gear and the eventual DLC. i wish there was a better way to get exotics than Xur, but it's nice to know that's there as a fallback. but in all honesty i've got legendaries that beat out the exotics... have you looked at what you can buy with your marks?

I feel like this game was a major letdown, considering all the hype that was built for it. It's not a bad game by any means. When my friend and I first got it we put in 12 hours in the first two days of having it. But there's just so little to do for how big the world map is. Like mentioned multiple times, you're doing the same story missions over and over again, just on a higher difficulty to try to obtain. Games similar to this, such as Borderlands and Skyrim, have so many different areas and so much to do. I've easily poured 100+ hours into each of those games and can say I would easily go back and play them again. But with Destiny, I feel like the only thing to do is either grind for hours and get shit for it or play PvP where the battles are ridiculously unbalanced. I just feel that they need to add more to do, so I can have more of an incentive to want to jump on and play the game for hours on end. 

For Crucible I either think they need to make a playlist where there are no Exotics and maybe no Legendarys allowed, for the people who don't care to get one shot after they've put multiple bullets into their opponent. Or just ban Exotics in PvP altogether. But then brings the argument of the point of grinding for fantastic weapons if you are limited in how you use them. Guess there is really no great solution for it.

I remember before this game came out, Bungie stated that they wanted to keep this game around for 10+ years, by keeping it updated and releasing new expansions for it. But I really don't see it lasting more than two years at most. With all of the new games coming out, I can see it losing its appeal very fast. Especially when similar games are released, such as Borderlands, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, etc...

I feel like this game was a major letdown, considering all the hype that was built for it. It's not a bad game by any means. When my friend and I first got it we put in 12 hours in the first two days of having it. But there's just so little to do for how big the world map is. Like mentioned multiple times, you're doing the same story missions over and over again, just on a higher difficulty to try to obtain. Games similar to this, such as Borderlands and Skyrim, have so many different areas and so much to do. I've easily poured 100+ hours into each of those games and can say I would easily go back and play them again. But with Destiny, I feel like the only thing to do is either grind for hours and get shit for it or play PvP where the battles are ridiculously unbalanced. I just feel that they need to add more to do, so I can have more of an incentive to want to jump on and play the game for hours on end.

For Crucible I either think they need to make a playlist where there are no Exotics and maybe no Legendarys allowed, for the people who don't care to get one shot after they've put multiple bullets into their opponent. Or just ban Exotics in PvP altogether. But then brings the argument of the point of grinding for fantastic weapons if you are limited in how you use them. Guess there is really no great solution for it.

I remember before this game came out, Bungie stated that they wanted to keep this game around for 10+ years, by keeping it updated and releasing new expansions for it. But I really don't see it lasting more than two years at most. With all of the new games coming out, I can see it losing its appeal very fast. Especially when similar games are released, such as Borderlands, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, etc...

Exotics are in no way better by default