Trent Reznor + Atticus Ross - GONE GIRL Soundtrack LP

jhulud

Think this will sell out and go for crazy amounts on the secondary market like the other 2 scores?

I've spent too much on records recently but I want to grab this

Here's the thing.

I don't it will sell out as quickly but it may given the success so far of TSN and TGWTDT. If I recall correctly, and I could be mistaken, TSN took a while to sell out. Only the NIN-camp fans got into it. But then as the movie was more succesful and TR+AR won Oscars and awards for their work, more people took notice. Sold out then. Plus I believe it may have been a much-smaller run pressed.

TGWTDT hasn't sold out as the available version is that $300 box set. The price point kept a lot of people away. Understandably. I, for one, feel that it's a great set and worth every penny. Especially condsidering it's signed by TR+AR.

Gone Girl may be hit-or-miss. A lot of hype is being given to the movie not only due to the success of the book, but also the fact that it's Fincher directing it and for fans, TR+AR doing the soundtrack. If it sells out, you can thank all the NIN fanboys for that.

Here's the thing.

I don't it will sell out as quickly but it may given the success so far of TSN and TGWTDT. If I recall correctly, and I could be mistaken, TSN took a while to sell out. Only the NIN-camp fans got into it. But then as the movie was more succesful and TR+AR won Oscars and awards for their work, more people took notice. Sold out then. Plus I believe it may have been a much-smaller run pressed.

TGWTDT hasn't sold out as the available version is that $300 box set. The price point kept a lot of people away. Understandably. I, for one, feel that it's a great set and worth every penny. Especially condsidering it's signed by TR+AR.

Gone Girl may be hit-or-miss. A lot of hype is being given to the movie not only due to the success of the book, but also the fact that it's Fincher directing it and for fans, TR+AR doing the soundtrack. If it sells out, you can thank all the NIN fanboys for that.

Thanks Juan!

Uhhh yeah I ordered this as soon as it went up, NIN.com say my order is canceled yet I still have a charge on my bank account.  WTF. Given the crazy shipping coast and whatever this crap with canceling orders is about I think I may wait till my local shop gets it.

BTW yeah it took quite a while for the Social Network ST to sellout it was long after they won the Oscar.

The charge from Modlife hasn't dropped/refunded from my account yet for my cancelled order. People over at ETS are saying that it's slowly happening.

Just seems like a huge dick move to not even send out an email saying they were canceled. Given how much they charge for shipping they should be a little more on top of their shit.

The four track preview is great. It feels as much more subtle and held back approach than previous soundtracks. At some points in the tracks there's a feel of dread and not being too sure what's around the corner. Not in a horror movie style but more like uncertainty in things. 

The four track preview is great. It feels as much more subtle and held back approach than previous soundtracks. At some points in the tracks there's a feel of dread and not being too sure what's around the corner. Not in a horror movie style but more like uncertainty in things. 

For sure. It's funny how distinct of a vibe the soundtracks have had, something about the piano and ambient sounds and the way they're arranged is unmistakably Trent and Atticus. I can't wait to put this on in its entirety, the soundtracks are great to read to.