Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes ( Deluxe White Vinyl )

Guest deleted

Anybody have a little splotch or two of black/darkness on their vinyl?  It plays fine on those sections I'm thinking it just comes with the fact that it's so darn white.  

yeah mine has a fair bit of black "smokeyness" to it.. looks great.. pretty solid pressing.  Records arrived in mint shaped.. two flimsy mailers taped together = one solid mailer.

album is a good fit for vinyl. enjoying the album way more on this format.

This is kinda interesting... turns out this release is a bit of a class project for the MBA students at Oxford .  http://www.stereogum.com/1712341/the-next-radiohead-album-may-get-an-unconventional-release-too/news/

Works out to like $49 with US shipping (after VAT is removed). Basically the same as the original pre-order price.

my math gives me $57.11 (incl us shipping not incl. import taxes).. 31+4.50 gbp to usd ...  but know what, dont matter cause I already got mine, and love it like a long lost child.

• 4 weeks later...

Pre-order up on amazon…for $82. Hopefully this is a standard pressing and a non-import pre-order will show up.

http://www.amazon.com/Tomorrows-Modern-Boxes-Thom-Yorke/dp/B00OVD4VJ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1416287018&sr=1-1&keywords=thom+yorke+tomorrow%27s+modern+boxes

Pre-order up on amazon…for $82. Hopefully this is a standard pressing and a non-import pre-order will show up.

http://www.amazon.com/Tomorrows-Modern-Boxes-Thom-Yorke/dp/B00OVD4VJ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1416287018&sr=1-1&keywords=thom+yorke+tomorrow%27s+modern+boxes

It says "Import" in the title, so I'm guessing it is the one that's already been released.  Still, what's the deal with the $30 markup?

Amazon.co.uk link. 36 pounds.

"Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is a new eight-track record from Thom Yorke. A record born of silver darkness, pressed onto heavyweight 180g white vinyl completed with undersize 75mm centre labels, housed within heavy white board inner and outer sleeves. These are printed with a metallic silver laminate then multi-tone black and a striking neon green; the whole is enclosed in a bespoke anti-static shield bag - a metallised laminated material usually used by the electronics industry for protecting components from electrostatic interference. The bag is printed with neon green on both sides, and has a resealable grip closure."

So it's the same version.

• 3 weeks later...