PO: Such Gold - The New Sidewalk

thejesseb

Pretty standard post-Pedestals Such Gold song. I like this song more than about half of Misadventures, but it hasn't captured that energy or same charm and feeling as the first 2 EPs. When Ben started playing guitar live, they seemed to lose that energy. The band is really talented and I feel they have something great in them, I'm just not sure they can hack it on full lengths.

Anyone else have a hard time believing those are limited to 100 each?

Kind of. I'm thinking maybe they are limited to 100 each... in the merchnow store. Did their last album sell really poorly on vinyl to warrant only 500 pressed for this one? Unless there is another variant we don't know about going to retailers.

pretty much closing the book on this band. they haven't been relevant to me since pedestals, aka 2010, which is a long time now that i think about it. "choosing cages" (from the wax packs split) was a really solid track, so it gave me hope, but this song is a huge swing-and-miss.

it's ok, SG. we had a good run.

The pressing details of their last few releases have been sketchy as well. I know with the Storyteller 7" the pressing info changed from when it went up to when it shipped. The same pressing info for Misadventures was also never very clear from the start.

pretty much closing the book on this band. they haven't been relevant to me since pedestals, aka 2010, which is a long time now that i think about it. "choosing cages" (from the wax packs split) was a really solid track, so it gave me hope, but this song is a huge swing-and-miss.

it's ok, SG. we had a good run.

I think I'm getting pretty close to thinking the same thing.

The pressing details of their last few releases have been sketchy as well. I know with the Storyteller 7" the pressing info changed from when it went up to when it shipped. The same pressing info for Misadventures was also never very clear from the start.

They pressed the orange variant twice and never gave pressing numbers on the second orange press or the blue press.

I'm pretty scared to give this a listen due to all the negative backlash, but I will listen in a bit and i'm hoping that everyone is playing a joke lol Such Gold was so awesome live when I saw them last year with The Story So Far and Stick To Your Guns.... I do agree that $20 is pretty steep, i wish it was $20 ppd lol

I don't know what you guys are talking about but that was pretty fucking good. No the best, but definitely not horrible. At the end of the day, it's all your opinion, so I respect that. I hope they do realize their prices are a bit steep and eventually lower them, but that will unlikely happen, people will eventually fold and buy the record. 

*Looks left and right to make sure there are no haters around...*

I liked 'Misadventures' more than all their old stuff, and so far I think the new stuff is just as good, or even better than 'Misadventures.'  Progression is nice.  ^_^ 

I actually liked the first track released a little more than this second one upon first listen.

I didn't like the 2 tracks they released in between records, though. (Choosing Cages and Framed.)

*Looks left and right to make sure there are no haters around...*

I liked 'Misadventures' more than all their old stuff, and so far I think the new stuff is just as good, or even better than 'Misadventures.'  Progression is nice.  ^_^ 

I actually liked the first track released a little more than this second one upon first listen.

I didn't like the 2 tracks they released in between records, though. (Choosing Cages and Framed.)

i totally agree and think misadventures is a great album that progresses in sound and feel throughout. it feels as though this second new song represents the duality this band has showcased since Pedestals.

as far as those two split songs, I like choosing cages, save for the beginning which feels corny, great solo though.  as far as framed goes, i've only heard it once.. the first time in which i got ash in my eye, which put a sour memory to the sound. the second i listened to it was a couple weeks ago, and its okay but not nearly as rippin.